Community Member

Default Unknown Error Reincarnating

Hello,

I've been trying to Epic Reincarnate and can't finish the reincarnation process due to errors:

1. An "Unknown Error" message
    2. I am asked to rename my toon because my name is taken (I am reincarnating, not creating a new toon) link below to a screenshot with the existing name of the toon and the request to rename it for the Epic Reincarnation - the toon's name is on the screen already.
    3. I'm redirected to the store to buy some new race to Epic Reincarnate - must be same race though but I already have it because I was an Aasimar Scourge last life already.

Some complicating factors:
    - my toon is Iconic, Aasimar Scourge, but I swapped out the first ranger level for Paladin.
    - selecting iconic Aasimar Scourge results in "Unknown Error" message when I hit create.
    - selecting the class I swapped (Paladin) results in "That Name Is Taken" error. Also, I end up taking a different race than Aasimar Scourge.
    - trying other things results in the button to create being blank
    - sometimes there is a selection of alignments and I am directed to the store to buy a character class - not sure why though

Anyone have any ideas what to do? It has been a while since I reincarnated so I am probably missing some simple detail... This is not my first time epic reincarnating this build with the swapped first level, but it is the first time I have had these problems with it. HELP PLEASE!

Here is a link to a screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fYW...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by mollicut View Post
    Anyone have any ideas what to do? It has been a while since I reincarnated so I am probably missing some simple detail... This is not my first time epic reincarnating this build with the swapped first level, but it is the first time I have had these problems with it. HELP PLEASE!
    Did your VIP expire?

Community Member

Default VIP Is still active + screenshots of steps showing problems with reincarnation

Thanks for the idea. I checked the VIP status and I have my daily dice rolls on other toons so VIP account seems to be in order. I tried to reincarnate again today and problem persists. I'll post some screenshots in case someone can spot the issue. All constructive suggestions are welcome to solve this problem. Here are a few more screenshots to help:

First, to show I am definitely reincarnating, here is a screenshot of the start of the process:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AW5...ew?usp=sharing

Here it asked me to choose a class that is not greyed out. This, I think, is because first level was Aasimar Scourge class with first ranger level swapped out with heart of wood for paladin, so it makes sense. So I pick Paladin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bm5...ew?usp=sharing

Here I try to create the character as an Aasimar scourge paladin and get an unknown error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pn_...ew?usp=sharing

Some threads say I must take Aasimar Scourge as base class if I was Aasimar Scourge in past life, so I try that and take Aasimar Scourge ranger - when I hit create I am asked to rename the character on the same screen that says I must use the same name as before. See screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Lf...ew?usp=sharing

If I take this name change option, and change my toon's name, I'm afraid it will delete my toon/gear/past lives etc. But maybe it will work and I will have a new name due to some bug in the game. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Like I said, i have reincarnated this build before and it worked fine (i.e. no name change or error). I just wanna go beat on some skeletons but I am stuck with this Epic reincarnation Hopefully the screenshots help identify what I am doing wrong. HELP PLEASE!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Question

Have you sent in a tricket yet ?

The name problem is known for some time now.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Try logging into the world with the toon then logging out and trying again? It's either the name somehow or its not synced with the game version. A log in and out will fix the sync but a name change fixes the other.

Maybe it´s linked to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Have you sent in a tricket yet ?

The name problem is known for some time now.
    This would implicate that the customer service reacts to the ticket. I am still waiting for mine to be resolved on the issue for three weeks now.
    Last edited by Nestroy; 05-25-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Community Member

I'll drink a potion of luck and submit a ticket.

Community Member

Default While I wait... why would my name be triggering the naming filter?

Thanks for linking that thread. I guess a name change is possible it seems to be asking me to add a last name in the screenshot. While I wait I am levelling up a few alts and learning new classes so I can get some experience with builds for them. My eventual reincarnation will be even better - when it finally happens, that is. As for waiting... Believe it or not, my last request for SSG was responded to pretty fast. I just replied to the email i got when submitting the ticket. Maybe it will work like a poke button.

Out of curiosity, if the name was flagged for being MOLLICUT why would that be? I got it of a name generator for elves on some gaming site. Sounded like a good name for my female toon running around hacking at enemies with a sword. Why would it be triggering the filter?

Quote Originally Posted by mollicut View Post
    Thanks for linking that thread. I guess a name change is possible it seems to be asking me to add a last name in the screenshot. While I wait I am levelling up a few alts and learning new classes so I can get some experience with builds for them. My eventual reincarnation will be even better - when it finally happens, that is. As for waiting... Believe it or not, my last request for SSG was responded to pretty fast. I just replied to the email i got when submitting the ticket. Maybe it will work like a poke button.

Out of curiosity, if the name was flagged for being MOLLICUT why would that be? I got it of a name generator for elves on some gaming site. Sounded like a good name for my female toon running around hacking at enemies with a sword. Why would it be triggering the filter?
    If you have a free char slot you can try to make new toons with variations of the name to see what exactly is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    If you have a free char slot you can try to make new toons with variations of the name to see what exactly is the problem.
    It´s already settled knowledge that since SSG introduced the new profanity filter, some older names are regarded as profanity. As in my case (also waiting for ticket to be resolved for more than one month) the issue is with the letters C, U, F, in reverse order. We have a guild that has these letters inside, in reverse order, and now looks like garbled text. Even while the Guild Name hasn´t raised an eyebrow since 2011. Same for family names - fellow guildies and me. Same story. By the way, the full word in context is just a foreign language version of "Firefox"...