Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default reincarnation issue

I am unable to reincarnate because my characters name, which I've been using for years is flagged as unavailable and the game seems to think I'm trying to create a new character
    I've tried relogging, relaunching, and even restarting (both the launcher and my computer)

I have everything set for my racial reincarnation, it just won't let me

While we are working on a few filter issues blocking terms like "night" and "something", we do want to be sure there aren't other parts of our recent changes that still need adjusting. Would you mind either posting your character's first AND last name here or sending it my way in a message? That way we can investigate. Thank you!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Tesilian Nightwind

the Night part of the name is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by skippyoo1 View Post
    Tesilian Nightwind

the Night part of the name is the problem?
    Yes! We are working on a fix for that.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

there may be more to fix. i did some test.

seeing what is going on with the new filters, i wanted to try. i mean, see my forum nickname? it's the same of my main char, the first i ever created when i started playing ddo in 2011 and the only char i play nowdays. well, jokes on me, i heard it many times, see the last 4 letters of it. given that the filters are hunting down certain words blended into others, like a 12 years old silly boy, i needed to try.

(quick note about the name. it was a common name in the now dead latin language. various historical persons have that name, but no i did not named my char after someone in particular, as i said, it was a common name. as simple as that. many variants survive still nowdays in many languages)

the results of the tests was not what i expected.

i logged in my account, cannith server, char selection screen, and tried to create a Valerianus. unknown error. Valerianuszz, yy, xx, xy, any possible extra letters. unknown error. i the tried to create a char named like some retired alt of mine. unknown error. always unknown error, it is NOT saying that the name is taken, no matter what i do. i tried to crate a char named ogfjbrvtjkj, one named ghuilkm...total random.... unknown error. i tried to create a char named like one of an alt account of mine. unknown error.

at the same time, i had an alt account logged in game. as expected, i tried to put in friend list ogfjbrvtjkj and ghuilkm and they obvioulsy do not exist. i then logged out, back to char selection screen, tried to create a Valerianus with the alt account. name already taken. well ok, this is as expected. i tried to crate a Valerianuszz and yeah, created it. and then deleted it.

it's not over.

at this point i logged in game my Valerianus char from the main account, and logged out. back on the char selection screen, then i tried again to create a Valerianus, name taken. a Valerianuszz...i was able to create it. and deleted it. i tried to create chars named like my alts, name taken. so all as it should be.

i then tried to quit the game with the alt account, logged in to char selection screen....again the unknown error, exactly like the main account before logging a char in game. the alt account was able to crate chars no more, and not getting name taken, but unkbown error whatever i did, because this time i did not log in game and the back out before trying to create characters.

some of your problems may lie between char selection screen and actually logging a char in the game world.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Steelstar - are you updating the filter because of user complaints or is this just an updated filter or a new filter source?

With all these changes to the filter system, can't you take a database dump of all user names in DDO and run your new filter against them to get a list of names that would be blocked and the filter key that's being triggered?

This seems like it would be a common sense approach to implementing a new filter.

Seems like a simple python/powershell script...
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Community Member

I just got the same problem. "No more slots" after a Heroic Rez.

Help lol!!

Resla Damorell
    Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Steelstar - are you updating the filter because of user complaints or is this just an updated filter or a new filter source?

With all these changes to the filter system, can't you take a database dump of all user names in DDO and run your new filter against them to get a list of names that would be blocked and the filter key that's being triggered?

This seems like it would be a common sense approach to implementing a new filter.

Seems like a simple python/powershell script...
    This is what they should have done. The issue still remain even after the update.
    This is what i wrote in a ticket: i was trying to lesser reincarnate one of my characters but at the end of the process i got a popup saying that the name is not allowed and to choose new first and/or last name. I tried many combinations but it always ends saying "Your character could not be created."
    My character is more than 10 years old i think

It seems like this should be a higher priority for SSG than it clearly is, since TRing is the primary gameplay loop that keeps people in the game and purchasing resources.

Unless they're making more in name change token sales than they're losing in TR related revenues?

Default Just to be clear...

Since the restart today, Wednesday March 23 2022, everyone is able to reincarnate now, correct?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by schum4ch3 View Post
    The issue still remain even after the update.
    This is what i wrote in a ticket: i was trying to lesser reincarnate one of my characters but at the end of the process i got a popup saying that the name is not allowed and to choose new first and/or last name. I tried many combinations but it always ends saying "Your character could not be created."
    My character is more than 10 years old i think

Have you tried logging into the game world today after the downtime with this character and then trying the reincarnation again?
    Last edited by Mindos; 03-23-2022 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Since the restart today, Wednesday March 23 2022, everyone is able to reincarnate now, correct?

EDIT:

Have you tried logging into the game world today after the downtime with this character and then trying the reincarnation again?
    As i said, the issue still remain even after the update. I tried everything to debug it.

Yesterday's patch changed or removed several terms from the Name Filter based on reports from players. There is evidence that some people who were unable to reincarnate now can, so the fix appears to be working.

If people are still experiencing this issue, send your character's first and last name my way so we can investigate. Thanks!

Yesterday's patch changed or removed several terms from the Name Filter based on reports from players. There is evidence that some people who were unable to reincarnate now can, so the fix appears to be working.

If people are still experiencing this issue, send your character's first and last name my way so we can investigate. Thanks!
    As others said and in my opinion it isn't a good approach to the problem. The fix has to be made to the character creation form when doing a reincarnation and to the popup asking for new name and/or surname or you will end removing more and more terms from the filter as other players reincarnate and got stuck. Another solution would be to give free rename tokens to all characters that you find having an invalid name using a database search or similar as someone else said.

By the way i can tell you i know which part of my character is blocking the lesser reincarnation at the moment. It is the surname, but it isn't meant to offend anyone and no one ever said anything about that in 10 years. (Frustapreti Pedofili)
    Thanks for the reply

Default still nothing after today's update

Any news? My character is still stuck on pending reincarnation

Any news please? Do i have to drop this character and use it as a bank? I had no answer on the ticket i submitted (Request #222276 one month ago)

Community Member

Just sent you a PM. I have put in 3 tickets on this the last 3 days and nobody has bothered trying to help

Community Member

Default Same issue here

Any news please? Do i have to drop this character and use it as a bank? I had no answer on the ticket i submitted (Request #222276 one month ago)
    How long have you been waiting for help? I am having the same issue on a 16 year old character who is an epic and heroic completionist. I am more than a little frustrated at Standing Stones lack of customer support. FFS Turbine was better than this at this point, and they were terrible. I have put in 4 tickets that are still open in the last 3 days. SSG has no issue taking my money but when thier product is broken they are nowhere to be found. You would think with the amount of people, not only in this thread but in others, that they would know how to fix this issue and would want to get it done promptly. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    How long have you been waiting for help? I am having the same issue on a 16 year old character who is an epic and heroic completionist. I am more than a little frustrated at Standing Stones lack of customer support. FFS Turbine was better than this at this point, and they were terrible. I have put in 4 tickets that are still open in the last 3 days. SSG has no issue taking my money but when thier product is broken they are nowhere to be found. You would think with the amount of people, not only in this thread but in others, that they would know how to fix this issue and would want to get it done promptly. Guess not.
    Currently waited for a month. Toon still stuck at logon screen. I am currently out of ideas. Last option is to pay 1k ddo points and get a rename token,sadly

Community Member

Default Not a terrible idea

Currently waited for a month. Toon still stuck at logon screen. I am currently out of ideas. Last option is to pay 1k ddo points and get a rename token,sadly
    I didn't think of this but I might give it a try. DO you have open tickets as well? I mean idk many if any customer services in ANY company that skate by, by ignoring the consumer. I've sent Cordovan and Steelstar messages and even they are hiding in the weeds and have not acknowledged a thing. Last time I saw that type of customer service in this game was during the year and a half Shroud was end game and Turbine sold to WB. DO you know for sure that the name token fix will do the job? Seems like a SSG money grab, but if I can fix it without waiting for people who care less about the game than the players to respond I will.

Community Member

Default Forget waiting for SSG's garbage customer service

Tried your idea, it worked. cost me 495 points to change my surname. Beats waiting a month. You would think anyone at SSG would have pointed you in this direction, but they cant be bothered, because they are clowns. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast