Community Member

Default DDO need rework new game

DDO online has a huge success it's just honest now that 15 years have passed and you have not even started making a new open world built on the same concept and skills dungeon system Graphics Card has moved far the possibilities are great to make it even better.

you need modern Graphics in a new world if you want to continue to survive DDO has a small fan base and it gets smaller day by day and it's time you create a new world that corresponds to 2022 everyone has much more powerful computers so the possibilities are very bigger for made something really good and new.

The reason we left the game me and my friends are still stuck in an old system honestly so Graphics is pretty ugly compared to today's Graphics Card and what they have to offer and there are too many limits of where you can not go so personal freedom it is not really there either ..

DDO has done well in time with a new killer world and better graphics and with the way you have built the skill system is genial ..

probably no one at DDO who reads this and has a bunch of excuses for not doing anything so the base of players just gets even smaller with the passive response that is at DDO who does not talk about the future ..

Even if SSG made a DDO2, it will likely be about as successful as Everquest 2. That means it will fail. Why? Too many people who play DDO now won't want to give up all the character progression and gear they've accomplished and gotten by moving over to what would essentially be an entirely new game.

I wouldn't move over and I don't even have a single completionist toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

As i said in the last thread you posted earlier about this. Sure give them the 10 mil + they would need and get licensing. Then wait about 5-8 years.

The exact same post warrants the same exact response.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Not having enough money isn't an excuse, it's a reality. SSG simply doesn't have the fiscal resources to do what you want them to do. *shrug*
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

They just need to hire some more/better artists and animators. The game itself can look quite beautiful when serious resources are put into textures, animations and environment design.

When they don’t you get patchwork generic stuff like Dread Sea Scrolls. When they do you get visual crack like Demonweb or Castle Ravenloft.

Community Member

DDO 2 would also end up 5e rules, and be a completely different game.

if they stick to the 3.5 rule.. with prestige class and focus on multiclass. it would be much much more fun the reincartion and epic destiny imo............

p.s. i don't konw what they want to punishing people for multiclass. a lots of feat get nerf to scale to certain class level. eg.divine grace..
    I hate how thing were mistranslated in this game.. but this is also the only one...