Thread: Shiradi caster

Community Member

Default Shiradi caster

I am thinking of a Shiradi caster for my next TR, and am wondering about other players experiences after U51.
    With the changes to the internal cooldown of procs, does it mean that a magic missile build is out of the question?
    I was thinking along the lines of 18wiz/2fvs, with all the normal wizard goodies.

Community Member

regarding spamming for dps .... yes unfortunately, the cool down will allow only 1 proc maximum from prism and one from frosty/good ... and at 5% chance, a 10proc magic missile will have a 50% chance of proccing 1 of each .... and then currently the damage is also diminished by another 50% since the recent nerf. shiradi is further hampered by the multiplicity of spell power types ie from prism, so its not using your primary spell power. it'd still be ok, but definitely not optimal. the current optimal dps builds utilise the 100% chance 4-proc 237.5 base damage from draconic .... and that damage will proc from any spell every time so you're not limited to the magic missile type spammer spells. u can use the massive dragon breath or doubled ruin/greater ruin .... both of which use your primary spell power ... and ofc if your 20 druid/sorc/alch you can strip immunity and resistance from enemies which the shiradi procs cannot do.

draconic currently is superior for dps casters.

is something superior when the other isn't in the running? That's like askingwhich bbq sauce is better, mild, or aug 15, 1994.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.