Community Member

Default Off Topic: LOTRO forum does not allow login

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. However, I can't see any way of communicating this otherwise.

The lotro forum (www.lotro.com/en/forums) does not allow my account to login. When I try I receive the error message "Your session has timed out. Please resubmit the form." each time I enter my username/password. This makes it difficult to report the actual problem I had on LOTRO.

Update: LOTRO forum login issue is now resolved.
    Last edited by vms4ever; 02-13-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. However, I can't see any way of communicating this otherwise.

The lotro forum (www.lotro.com/en/forums) does not allow my account to login. When I try I receive the error message "Your session has timed out. Please resubmit the form." each time I enter my username/password. This makes it difficult to report the actual problem I had on LOTRO.

Update: LOTRO forum login issue is now resolved.
    How did you resolve the issue? I'm having similar problems, and this post of yours was one of the googling results. There seems to be something going on with the forums on the other game's side, and this issue has been appearing now and then during the years -- this Jan and Feb included.

So far none of the suggested actions have worked;
    I have cleared cookies and all other data from browser (Firefox) cache many times,
    I have logged in to the myaccount page and re-filled all mandatory fields there,
    I changed password in hopes of it prompting something up,
    I have toggled normal site and mobile site on/off (and for some reason it says either my userID or pw is wrong when I try logging in mobile layout. They are not.),
    I can log in to game without problems ...
    It's just the red "Your session has timed out ..." text that keeps appearing. Now I don't want to keep retrying, because I think there's a limit for how many times it can be tried without locking.

I wonder if my redownloading of Lotro client yesterday had something to do with the access to forums? AFAIK, it shouldn't but I guess there's no harm in mentioning either.

Now I have sent a message to account support and am waiting for reply. But just in case someone else has these problems and wonders if others have this issue, I decided to make this post, too. And to find help, if any, of course.

Thank you for reading.

Update (in a separate post so that the people following this issue would notice it better):

I was busy last week, but today I noticed that account support had sent me a reply saying that they "believe they have solved the login issue". That seems to be true, because now I could log in normally, even though it did take a while thinking whether to let me in . I didn't change anything meanwhile, and since I already had checked that everything I could think of being related to the issue was up-to-date, I guess that in the end it really was a thing only they could resolve.

My thanks go to SSG staff involved in this!