Community Member

Default Feydark Illusionist Weapon imbue

I am testing it right now and it doesnt seem to do anything to your weapon except give a +1 enhancement bonus. the description said it would turn your weapon(s) to shadow blade(s) and change the material type to force.

shadow blades get charisma modifier to attack and damage. I am a little confused with the enchant and what it is supposed to do with the weapon I am using. the weapon is doing slashing damage and got adamantium as material type, the charisma to hit and damage isnt there. the familiars charisma to hit and damage works though.

Is this a bug or wasnt the information updated? oh well.. I just thought it would be cool to imbue the sword of shadows with shadows.

It's a +1 enhancement bonus which is nice but not amazing & the material type changes to force which makes it invulnerable to damage, really useful for more fragile weapons (Cranium Cracker from ToEE in particular is really effective but often breaks halfway through a quest) & means that oozes & rust monsters don't need a weapon swap any more.. I take it now on a lot of characters for convenience.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    It's a +1 enhancement bonus which is nice but not amazing & the material type changes to force which makes it invulnerable to damage, really useful for more fragile weapons (Cranium Cracker from ToEE in particular is really effective but often breaks halfway through a quest) & means that oozes & rust monsters don't need a weapon swap any more.. I take it now on a lot of characters for convenience.
    Thank you man for the info. I wasnt seeing any other change than the +1 enhancement bonus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sormiron View Post
    Thank you man for the info. I wasnt seeing any other change than the +1 enhancement bonus.
    It also makes the weapon count as a Spellcasting Implement. (Which, strangely enough, the summoned illusory shortswords don't).

If using shortsword(s), the main disadvantages of imbueing an actual sword compared with using the summoned version are
    1) Does not bipass incorporeal miss chance, so you need a ghostly or ethereal item, or a ruby of ghostbane (unless you have some other source of bipassing incorporeal miss chance). Or switch to the summoned blade when fighting incorporeal mobs.
    2) The imbue only lasts for your level in minutes (minimum 5 minutes, I think, and maximum 20 mins at level 20+) instead of 30 minutes like the summoned blade, and it cannot be Extended. This is a bit annoying at low levels as you have to remember to renew it during most quests.
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 12-31-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member Madhatternynja2007's Avatar

Default Conjured works, Imbue bugged

This enhancement is bugged, Illusory Weaponary does not provide the bonuses as it should. When using the spell Conjure Shadowblade, it generates a shortsword with force type material, force type damage bonuses, and a blast type effect, which is what it is supposed to do. Most of those are supposed to happen when you use Imbue with Shadow, but they don't.

Which is really unforunate, trying to build a horde of charisma based characters using this tree and effect. Biggest issue is weapon typing. I don't want to use shortswords, I want to use sickles, which I am proficient with AND are my favored weapon, since the main character I am building now is a favored soul. With my sickles I have a +15 to hit, with a +16 with imbue. The conjured ones only let me hit for +12 default, and I can Imbue them for a +13 to hit. NOT a huge difference, but defeats the purpose of the enhancement if not functioning properly. I am hoping we can get this fixed sooner than later.

Another note about the difference in conjured vs imbued is dps. When using conjured my damage is almost double that of my sickle. I will admit sickle is a little under lvl for me right now, due in part to being a sickle and hard to acquire in RNG at times. AH is no better there either, so. But even with my sickle being lower level, I have to carry around different damage types with me. That again defeats the purpose of the imbue. I want my weapons to be "force" because most things are not resistant to force. Which is why fey warlocks are so **** op, another story another post.

The portion of the imbue that does work is the enhancement bonus, cause it does stack, while provided it is only a +1, but it does make a +4 a +5, so yay. The implement portion is nice for those of us casters whose weapons aren't implements already.

The charisma to hit/dmg bonuses also aren't being correctly added if they are being considered Shadowblades, which again affects things. I have to put points into the tree that I wouldn't have to take if the imbue was functioning correctly. Cause I have to use the familiar bonuses in the tree in order for my sickle to use my charisma modifier for to hit/dmg. And I would rather have those points spent elsewhere since I intended to keep my weapons imbued. Yes the timer is level based but I solo almost exclusively so I can do things at my own pace.