Community Member

Default Looking for Marks of Cannith

Trying to pick up some unbound Marks of Cannith. Got Filigrees and augments of many types, plat (obviously), random blue weapons/armor/stuff, more - let me know I might have something you need.

-Brecteth

Not sure why you're after unbound ones as the bta ones are silly easy to get (and work the same for crafting) but I think I've got a one or two unbound in my crafting storage (next to stacks of bound) that I can send you. Just give me a character name to mail it to.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Not sure why you're after unbound ones as the bta ones are silly easy to get (and work the same for crafting) but I think I've got a one or two unbound in my crafting storage (next to stacks of bound) that I can send you. Just give me a character name to mail it to.
    The ddo wiki states that the BTA versions available in House Cannith favor vendor make BTA items. Is that not the case? Didn't want to take a chance BTA-ing the items I'm making for a buddy. Need about 8 of them ultimately.

Character name=Brecteth. Let me know if there is something you're looking for that I might be able to help you with.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brecteth View Post
    The ddo wiki states that the BTA versions available in House Cannith favor vendor make BTA items. Is that not the case?
    Where does it say that? As far as I can tell, the wiki merely mentions that the marks exist in two flavors:
    - unbound marks drop rarely in chests
    - bta marks can be bought for a handful plat if you have House C favor

To my best knowledge, there's no functional difference between these two.

When making unbound shards, it doesn't matter which mark type you use. The only thing to be aware of is to pass the unbound shards to your friend and have them slot them to the item (slotting them on your end can sometimes cause the item to bind).

edit: mailed you the one unbound I had laying around; just in case you aren't near the level bracket for grinding out the favor for the bound one at the moment.
    Last edited by rabidfox; 11-24-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    When making unbound shards, it doesn't matter which mark type you use. The only thing to be aware of is to pass the unbound shards to your friend and have them slot them to the item (slotting them on your end can sometimes cause the item to bind).

edit: mailed you the one unbound I had laying around; just in case you aren't near the level bracket for grinding out the favor for the bound one at the moment.
    Weird. Went back to try to find the BTA quote I'd shared with a guildie about this and now I'm not finding it. I thought it was in the ddo wiki Mark of Cannith pg, but it isn't. Maybe I've just been laboring under a false assumption somehow. Anyway, I appreciate the unbound one - still need to get up to 50 favor to get the remainder but that shouldn't be too hard.

-Brec