Exclamation GothicBites - DDO's First Magical UI

Heeeeeeelllo DDO Adventurers. I wanted to take this time and share with you GothicBites, DDO's First Magical UI.

This UI Set has been in design for quite a bit of time, and I'm happy to announce that version 1.0 is ready for release. While there are still many things to do, I will most likely not get to them. But this will be the largest skin the community as ever seen. Will include 100's of new elements and many that technically do not work, it will include corrections to many of the core under the hood images used by the product, as well as introducing some that users didn't think could be changed. Kid you not, this is a entirely new Experience of DDO play. BE WARNED DUN DUN DUN!

While I'm sure there will be all kinds of feedback, etc. This is most likely, going to be a 1 time thing, I may or may not release any updates. I would like to resolve any defects/technical issues, Not everything is updated, some items I just didn't get around to, but maybe in the future, a good example is the barterbox window, but anything beyond that, recolours, shapes, etc, I will leave that to the community to change.

GothicBites version 1.0
    Theme - Passion ( for all those evil gurls out there! )
    Theme - Emerald ( surprisingly the most requested )
    Theme - NightShade ( a darker, nightly, but colorful alternative )

I do not wish to give it all away with the screenshots, download it, use it, find all the new and exciting little bits and hidden EasterEggs! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do! SO, Completely for the Community, this is me giving back to you. You can find me on the unofficial DDO Discord or in G-Land, but take what you will and make your own magical creations! I hope you all enjoy it and use it, and become creative with it, so enjoy GothicBites my little evil kittens! & Enjoy the The Night Revels event.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c6k...jo/GothicBites
    How To Install: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...essage_6334763

I want to thank Rogue, Nyxy, Alastis, Benn, Gratch, BBA on G-Land and DDO Discord/Peeps for letting me spam their skinner-channels for 2 months. Plus all my Twitch Supporters who helped play a part in this release!

So where are they posted? Could you add links to the files?
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Quote Originally Posted by TormntdGothcPrincess View Post
    I want to thank Rogue, all my Supporters who helped play a part in this release.
    Always glad to help out where I can. Very happy to see another skin being added to the collect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    So where are they posted? Could you add links to the files?
    I think the plan is to have them available soon, maybe today/maybe tomorrow. The post says 'This is a place holder for the GothicBites release, targeted this weekend's (The Night Revels) event.'

Community Member Highdracolich79's Avatar

Default Have eagerly awaited this release and now i have files!

Just downloaded the files! Extracted with winrar. I noticed this thread mentions the alt+z part... only instruction i would include to make it 100% (in case they weren't already hip on how to go about doing this but came here to get the files) is the part where*- "download files, extract files, * -> copy these files to the folder location on your hard drive called C:/"User"/My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ui/skins <- after doing so (while game client was not active btw,) then launch game, in options go to UI options and scroll down to skin selection drop down menu and pick your desired skin and then last but not least hit alt+z two times and you're ready to go!

Thank you for all your hard work!! <3

Community Member Highdracolich79's Avatar

Default Awesome!

trying out Emerald and Nightshade... love it! tyty

Lightbulb Super Intrigued

Scared, and very hesitant. I may brave it up and give it a try tho'! Thank you for making it!
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

This is absolutely nothing for me but thank you so much for all the hard and long work you put into this. I am sure others will greatly benefit from it.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Default Amazing HUD

This is amazing I shared it with my discord. Good job!

Default There is a lot to like here.

I will be giving this a shot on my stream for the evening.

First impressions, the I really like the Night shade skin over all. But I don't love the replacing the main menu icon and I while I love how you flagged equipped items I just wish they weren't so dark.

Community Member

These are awesome!

I have a question - is there any way to change the colour of my character's overhead health bar? Currently when you enable your health bar it looks identical to all of the mobs running around, so you can lose track of who's who.

Community Member

Default First post for me

I just returned after a few years and found this, amazing work. Thank you so much for doing this.

Default you

Quote Originally Posted by monzter1979 View Post
    I just returned after a few years and found this, amazing work. Thank you so much for doing this.
    +1 hi ;p
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Community Member

Red face Love this skin <3 Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by TormntdGothcPrincess View Post
    Heeeeeeelllo DDO Adventurers. I wanted to take this time and share with you GothicBites, DDO's First Magical UI.

This UI Set has been in design for quite a bit of time, and I'm happy to announce that version 1.0 is ready for release. While there are still many things to do, I will most likely not get to them. But this will be the largest skin the community as ever seen. Will include 100's of new elements and many that technically do not work, it will include corrections to many of the core under the hood images used by the product, as well as introducing some that users didn't think could be changed. Kid you not, this is a entirely new Experience of DDO play. BE WARNED DUN DUN DUN!

While I'm sure there will be all kinds of feedback, etc. This is most likely, going to be a 1 time thing, I may or may not release any updates. I would like to resolve any defects/technical issues, Not everything is updated, some items I just didn't get around to, but maybe in the future, a good example is the barterbox window, but anything beyond that, recolours, shapes, etc, I will leave that to the community to change.

GothicBites version 1.0
    Theme - Passion ( for all those evil gurls out there! )
    Theme - Emerald ( surprisingly the most requested )
    Theme - NightShade ( a darker, nightly, but colorful alternative )

I do not wish to give it all away with the screenshots, download it, use it, find all the new and exciting little bits and hidden EasterEggs! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do! SO, Completely for the Community, this is me giving back to you. You can find me on the unofficial DDO Discord or in G-Land, but take what you will and make your own magical creations! I hope you all enjoy it and use it, and become creative with it, so enjoy GothicBites my little evil kittens! & Enjoy the The Night Revels event.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c6k...jo/GothicBites
    How To Install: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...essage_6334763

I want to thank Rogue, Nyxy, Alastis, Benn, Gratch, BBA on G-Land and DDO Discord/Peeps for letting me spam their skinner-channels for 2 months. Plus all my Twitch Supporters who helped play a part in this release!
    I love this skin, my new fave, thank you for sharing this <3 love your stuff on twitch

~Sinfulbrat85

14. 04-12-2021, 10:31 AM

Red face Released Version 1.1 Update 49

Hiya my deadly peeps!

I have finally released the version 1.1 update 49 changes. 2 things in this release to focus on are.

Update 49 changes
    1. Fixed various pixel alignments of many windows, including the inventory panel around sentient gems and item augments
    2. Fixed some text position issues that created some overlap on high gamma monitors
    3. Added the new images for the updated Mount Tab in the inventory panel
    4. Fixed an issue with the Ship Purchase window on some lower resolutions
    5. Simply install as above or as you did before, over-write everything and you're done, or do it how you want to do it.

New Item Selection options
    1. Included 4 different versions for each of the Colour Schemas ( 12 total, including the original GothicBites version )
    2. ReadMe file explains how to try each out, you do not need to re-run the .bat

Only releasing these in .zip format for ease of download, follow the links above.
    1. GothicBites_AddOn_SelectionIcons.zip = the new selection items
    2. GothicBites ( 1.1 Update 49 ) - A DDO UI SkinSet.zip = the new release

Thank you for this! The original instructions say to extract to the UI/Skins folder, but don't address the GothicBites_AddOn_SelectionIcons. Are they also just extracted as is into the Skins folder, making 4 subfolders: the addons, Emerald, Nightshade, and Passion?

EDIT: never mind, i see the instructions in the aboutme.txt. Thanks!

Before I truly go back to Lurk Mode I want to thank Maxxie for this UI, I was there (Nyxy) to watch her put these UI skins together piece by piece, she spent hours not only finding code but redesigning different aspects so your game feels fully upgraded. I use currently the passion one on my cleric builds but everyone else gets the darker version because that fits my personality. It is a very nice layout and makes DDO prettier to play.
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Looks amazing! Well done.

So many really well done attention to details.

The water bar, the explorer graphics, the graphics.

<3

- Karl
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien