Community Member

Default Catalina so close

For what it's worth, the 64 bit client works just fine on Catalina without any additional supporting files. The problem is that the Launcher does not work. It is still 32-bits only and cannot be executed in wine on Catalina.

I copied all the supporting files over from my old machine to my 16" MBP, allowed "Terminal" to launch unverified files in the System Prefs, and was able to launch the client and play the game quite well using a slightly modified version of the OS X Launcher script I posted in another thread.

It's not a sustainable proposition however. As soon as the game needs an update, I would have to go back to my old machine, update it, and copy all the files over again.

SSG -you are close... if you can create a 64-bit launcher (don't forget to grab the 64-bit Awesonium binary), you will have a functional Mac client again.

Exclamation

I would absolutely be playing again if I could launch the game from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    For what it's worth, the 64 bit client works just fine on Catalina without any additional supporting files. The problem is that the Launcher does not work. It is still 32-bits only and cannot be executed in wine on Catalina.

I copied all the supporting files over from my old machine to my 16" MBP, allowed "Terminal" to launch unverified files in the System Prefs, and was able to launch the client and play the game quite well using a slightly modified version of the OS X Launcher script I posted in another thread.

It's not a sustainable proposition however. As soon as the game needs an update, I would have to go back to my old machine, update it, and copy all the files over again.

SSG -you are close... if you can create a 64-bit launcher (don't forget to grab the 64-bit Awesonium binary), you will have a functional Mac client again.

Community Member

So, I don't know anything about macs, but can't you use one of the alternate launchers?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Launcher

Cool

Thank you for the link.
    There is a launcher script for Mac! I am not sure how to get around patching, as the topic thread says you need the official launcher to patch. *shrug*

I am also looking into plugging in an external drive that has an old OS.
    It's not a hardware issue, the latest OS killed any apps that are not 64bit.
    My Steam account looks like a game graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    So, I don't know anything about macs, but can't you use one of the alternate launchers?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Launcher