Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default DDO Tracker --- Desktop Utility

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    I created a Buy Me A Coffee account in hopes that some of you find my program useful enough to make a donation. Thank you in advance
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For some time I have been developing a program to help me track my characters progression through the game. Originally I tracked which quests I owned and on what difficulty I had completed them in a spreadsheet. Over time I updated and grew the spreadsheet as I kept adding desired functionality. All too soon I realized that a spreadsheet would not allow me to sort in all the ways I wanted. Without programming macros, the display of quest information was awkward and unwieldy. Thus was born my . . .

LINK to the Installer

The first versions of the DDO tracker allowed the user to sort quests in a variety of ways, track quest completions and character favor progress. Over time I have added the ability to sort in more ways, track pack ownership, saga completions, provide links to wiki pages, keep notes, display quest/challenge information and provide puzzle solutions/solvers for many quests. I added raid timer and tome trackers to the character tab so that the user no longer has to logout to check whether an alternate character is off timer or can use a specific tome. While we're talking about the character tab, it has spell lists for classes that must inscribe spells. This allows the user to track inscribed spells at spell levels above those which the DDO character sheet allows you to see. Finally, I added a Reincarnation tab to aid in tracking reincarnations.

SAMPLE Screen Shots (half scale)

I continue to add functionality as I determine a need, a useful way to implement it and time.

I hope you'll give it a try and post any feedback, suggestions or constructive criticism here or to ddotracker@gmail.com.

DDO Tracker manual

Discord channel devoted to the the DDO Tracker

LINK to the Installer
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 05-10-2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added BMaC link

Hello hello,

I am intrigued and like to test/use but the programm won't start after initital installation. I tried to join your discord but the link is not valid anymore.

Running Win 10.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

This is very neat. Well done!

Community Manager

This looks cool!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

This is a cool program, but it didn't seem to work right when I first ran it.

I created a character, but the only tab that stayed available on the first screen was the Favor tab. Spell and Tome tabs were not responsive.

I tried to mark quest completions using the corresponding tab, but the radio button simply cleared out from the "Incomplete" option and didn't re-appear in any difficulty when I clicked them, even "Incomplete".

I tried to restart the app, and see if that fixed the problem, but all I get is "DDO Tracker has stopped working", with the below information:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: DDO Tracker.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 2.4.5.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5f0f7e13
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 4.8.3928.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5d3900b3
    Problem Signature 07: 10a6
    Problem Signature 08: 5c
    Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b4e3
    Additional Information 2: b4e35d73db1a03a3f689e9b540f87a5f
    Additional Information 3: 0ee9
    Additional Information 4: 0ee92c3f21f4091af76eae80970823e3

I have linked this page on the forums to DDOCentral, under 'DDO Websites,' with the title 'DDO Tracker.'

https://ddocentral.com/ddo-websites/

Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    This is a cool program, but it didn't seem to work right when I first ran it.

I created a character, but the only tab that stayed available on the first screen was the Favor tab. Spell and Tome tabs were not responsive.
    I ran into this same issue. First character added had little functionality available to it. But from the second one on, everything became available and worked right. If I then deleted the 1st character, the 2nd one I created acted like the 1st and lost all of the functions.
    I'd say for now, until it gets fixed, create a 1st "junk" character, then add the rest of the real ones.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
    I ran into this same issue. First character added had little functionality available to it. But from the second one on, everything became available and worked right. If I then deleted the 1st character, the 2nd one I created acted like the 1st and lost all of the functions.
    I'd say for now, until it gets fixed, create a 1st "junk" character, then add the rest of the real ones.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. There is a new build though, which fixed the problem, so it's all good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. There is a new build though, which fixed the problem, so it's all good.
    I am watching this forum thread for feedback and to see any issues that develop. I saw that people were having a problem. With the information posted and sent I was able to correct the problem. It took me several hours, but I posted an updated version last evening (July 17th).
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 07-18-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Installed 2.4.5 today, was running fine.
    Great bit of info for having open on a side screen.
    What would be nice it to be able to put a timer (start stop) in that that records completion times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNonsense View Post
    I hope you'll give it a try and post any feedback, suggestions or constructive criticism here or to ddotracker@gmail.com.
    I have feedback pop it on github! It's a good tracker.

Community Member

Default RE: DDO Tracker update

I just (Aug. 17, 2020) uploaded an update (2.4.7) to my DDO Tracker. The major addition is a solver for those dice puzzles in 'Smash and Burn' and 'Housekeeping'. I must give recognition to FuryFlash. His generosity with his time and knowledge of those puzzles helped me a great deal. I also must acknowledge that his solver is faster than mine. For now.

I also want to give a shout out to TitusOvid. He made a suggestion or two to the raid timers that I immediately implemented

I added the quest timer that was requested a few posts ago, made some minor changes to a couple of the keyboard shortcuts, added some flow puzzle solutions and updated the QuestData.txt file. I also made a change to the installer so that you don't have to uninstall to update.

The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer) so you don't have to scroll all the way back up past all ten previous posts.

I hope some of you are finding my program useful.

SeriousNonsense

Community Member

Default RE: DDO Tracker update

(Sept. 23, 2020) A new version (2.4.7.1) of my DDO Tracker is available.

Improvements and changes have been made to the dice puzzle solvers. Most notable among them is that puzzles with solutions longer than fifteen steps can now be found. This is especially relevant if your doing that dice puzzle in Housekeeping. The longest solution I have found so far is twenty six steps.

The solver for the basement light puzzle in 'The Price of Freedom' finally works correctly. If you find a puzzle state that it won't solve I'd very much like to hear about it (pictures are best)

Some changes were made to how filtering quest names is accomplished. I added the ability to sort quest names by various methods. Also, I made it so you can type a few letters in any selection box to more easily find a Pack, Patron, Quest Giver, Location, Quest Name, etc.

Various other changes were made and added (see Release Notes.txt).

The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

Don't worry, I continue to nibble at this thing. I know there are plenty of those flow puzzles for which I need to add solutions. Oh and I have been looking at that puzzle in House of Pain.

I welcome any feedback or suggestions. I won't promise that I will implement all suggestions, but if I do I will definitely give you an 'attaboy' on here.

SeriousNonsense

Improvements and changes have been made to the dice puzzle solvers. Most notable among them is that puzzles with solutions longer than fifteen steps can now be found. This is especially relevant if your doing that dice puzzle in Housekeeping. The longest solution I have found so far is twenty six steps.

The solver for the basement light puzzle in 'The Price of Freedom' finally works correctly. If you find a puzzle state that it won't solve I'd very much like to hear about it (pictures are best)

Some changes were made to how filtering quest names is accomplished. I added the ability to sort quest names by various methods. Also, I made it so you can type a few letters in any selection box to more easily find a Pack, Patron, Quest Giver, Location, Quest Name, etc.

The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

Don't worry, I continue to nibble at this thing. I know there are plenty of those flow puzzles for which I need to add solutions. Oh and I have been looking at that puzzle in House of Pain.

I welcome any feedback or suggestions. I won't promise that I will implement all suggestions, but if I do I will definitely give you an 'attaboy' on here.

SeriousNonsense
    I'd be happy to offer some feedback but, I can't for the life of me create a character. The button to "add" won't accept input. Is there a trick I'm missing here? Some setting that isn't set somewhere?

Default DL and Tested

J, the new search feature works like a charm! (TY)

Will beat it up all around and report back if it find something that stands out.
    Anyways, any thoughts on what's next for the tracker?

-Smokewolf

Community Manager

SeriousNonsense
    Wanted to get this into the dev tracker in case we have players using this player-created utility that didn't see it this week. Good luck on your continued work on this!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Would pay for this program if you could adapt it to Android and sell it on the google play store

$10-$15 is a fair base price, sell it for $5-$7 during special occasions

Quote Originally Posted by straytext View Post
    I'd be happy to offer some feedback but, I can't for the life of me create a character. The button to "add" won't accept input. Is there a trick I'm missing here? Some setting that isn't set somewhere?
    Yeah same here tried a repair, reinstall and as admin can't seem to get it to let me add a character.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

I'm having the same issue (version 2.4.7.1). Everything is grayed out, including "ADD".
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

I believe this is because the character files are being used and stored in "program files". This may be blocking creating the file. Perhaps if it saved this data to Documents etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast