Community Member

Default Why not name it detective, it is obviously a detective, c'mon Baker

...Inquisitive is a dumbass name and should be stricken from records for all time...

I have an archer ranger20(+10) that I'd like to convert to a detective to taste the flavor of the month. How would I make it so with an etr and some Fred? The aim is to see large numbers of large numbers flying.
    (I have a lr if absolutely necessary but I'd rather save it in case a brick falls on my head and I decide to become a melee ranger later on.)

e: So I actually bothered to read all that stuff on my character sheet and it looks like I don't even need etr, merely fredding Shot on the Run to Rapid Reload and resetting enhancements will make me a functional detective. Think I will be missing dex to dmg, which is sad due to all my archer dex, but I can prolly trust the famous p2wity of the detective.
    Last edited by NoobCake; 07-07-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

You need to complain to Wizards of the Coast. Inquisitive is what they call them in Sharn.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoobCake View Post
    ...Inquisitive is a dumbass name and should be stricken from records for all time...
    In my opinion, the name "Inquisitive" is creative, and "Detective" is "dumbass", because it is pulp right now. EVERYONE who solves crimes is called that. The term "Detective" is in the word department about researches like FastFood. It doesn't get any lower than that, because even the dumbest person on this earth knows what a Detective is - okay, i have egaggerated a bit - but the word "Inquisitive" ? Makes you think. Forces you to think.
    Unless, of course, you don't want to think ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

It should be called a private investigator, and one point into it should give you a mustache, a cosmetic hawaiian shirt, and change your mount into a farrari.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobCake View Post

I have an archer ranger20(+10) that I'd like to convert to a detective to taste the flavor of the month. How would I make it so with an etr and some Fred? The aim is to see large numbers of large numbers flying.
    (I have a lr if absolutely necessary but I'd rather save it in case a brick falls on my head and I decide to become a melee ranger later on.)

e: So I actually bothered to read all that stuff on my character sheet and it looks like I don't even need etr, merely fredding Shot on the Run to Rapid Reload and resetting enhancements will make me a functional detective. Think I will be missing dex to dmg, which is sad due to all my archer dex, but I can prolly trust the famous p2wity of the detective.
    The big thing you will be missing is stat to to-hit and damage since crossbows only use DEX to to-hit nativly. Your best bet would be to use the Harper tree and get INT to to-hit and damage but I'm guessing you are are either DEX or STR bases currently. Most Inquis builds are INT based, you could try it your way if you like of course but I highly doubt it will be effective.

Stoner81.