Default Cleric Past Life Feat

My current Favored Soul was a Cleric in the past life, and so gets the Cleric Past Life Feat. The description of this feat says:

"You were a Cleric in a past life. You occasionally feel the presence of the divine. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to the DC's of your Conjuration spells, +1 Turn Undead attempt per rest, and you Turn Undead as if you were two levels higher. This feat can be stacked up to three times."

I am assuming that this does not in and of itself give you the ability to turn undead, meaning that for my FVS to benefit I would have to specifically take Turn Undead as one of my feats. Is that a correct assumption?
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Community Member

That's correct. The +1 Conjuration boost will help a FvS, though!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    That's correct. The +1 Conjuration boost will help a FvS, though!
    Web is Conjuration too. One of my favorite CC spells and no Spell Resistance check!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    I am assuming that this does not in and of itself give you the ability to turn undead, meaning that for my FVS to benefit I would have to specifically take Turn Undead as one of my feats. Is that a correct assumption?
    You can't just take Turn Undead as a feat. You can only get it by being a Cleric, Paladin 4+, or from the Divine Crusader Epic Destiny.

But, as others have said, you benefit from the Conjuration bonus. Cometfall is a great CC option that is Conjuration; it has no Spell Penetration check, which makes it great against, say, Drow, and is a Reflex Save, so it's gppd for those enemy Clerics with high Fortitude and Will saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap