Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Hardcore League Wrap-up FAQ

Our first Hardcore League is in its final stretch, so we wanted to take a few minutes to outline our plans for the wrap-up of the event and answer your questions.

The Hardcore League will remain open through November 15th, and the event will formally come to an end when we close the worlds at an exact time to be announced as we get closer to the end date. After that time, we will collect the data we need to announce winners, prepare for their inclusion in a list for the Hall of Heroes, publish character names in the DDO Chronicle, and do anything else we need to.

In early December, we will reopen the Hardcore server for several weeks so players can put items into their character inventories, shut down and disband their guilds, and do the things they need to do before transferring the character to the world of their choice. We will be opening a free World Character Transfer service from the Hardcore server to any of the non-Hardcore servers, so players can keep playing any of the characters they've created.

The exact timing of the reopening of the Hardcore server will be listed here as we get closer to the date.

Notes on World Character Transfers:

The following things will not transfer with your character:

• Your Friends list
    • Your /Ignore list
    • Your Guild name, level, airship, amenities, membership ranks, or other guild-related benefits. You will appear in the new world guildless.
    • Items in your True Reincarnation Cache
    • Items bid on or posted to the Auction Houses
    • In-game mail
    • Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage items
    • Your Astral Shard balance
    • Your Creature Companion Stable
    • ?You cannot be the Leader of a Guild and transfer your character from one world to another. If necessary, please promote a successor or other guild member to Leader, or disband your guild, prior to undergoing a character transfer from one live game world to another. Guild leaders will not display in the Character Transfer UI.
    • You cannot be logged into the game world while undergoing a character transfer. If you are, you’ll be kicked from the game world and receive an erroneous “ban” message. You aren’t banned, as this is related to a technical mechanism put in place to prevent corruption during the transfer process.
    • If your name is being used on the world you are transferring to, your name will be appended with a -1 and you will be granted a one-time free rename credit. While logged into the character you wish to change the name of, type /changename (new name) into the chat panel to change your name.

Characters are transferred from the Hardcore server to another server through the game launcher. Click here for our guide to world transfers.

Note: The Hardcore League requires VIP or Season Pass membership for access. Players will need to have access to the Hardcore League server in order to log into the game world after the event is over.

UPDATE 11/13/19 - Here are a couple of final details to pass along:

- We will be running the Hardcore League event until 11:59:59pm Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, November 15th, after which point we will be taking the Hardcore server down.

- Once the worlds are down, we will be collecting the necessary information to get the final standings for the Leaderboards and other rewards.

- We will likely reopen the Hardcore server in December (further timing TBA) for people to do whatever work they want to do in the game world, and to use the Free Character Transfer feature to move the characters off of the Hardcore server.

- Players can expect that, once the time has passed for them to transfer their characters off of the server, there will be a full wipe of the server database. This means no guilds, Astral Shard balances, characters, etc.

UPDATE 11/14/19:

- When the Hardcore league reopens for what we are calling the "after party" characters will be able to speak to Mortality and leave the Land of Lost souls to get their stuff in order.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Our first Hardcore League
    My favorite part of this thread...Thank You!
    Kehgeld of Sarlona

Community Member

Default Hardcore League Transfers

In early December, we will reopen the Hardcore server for several weeks so players can put items into their character inventories, shut down and disband their guilds, and do the things they need to do before transferring the character to the world of their choice. We will be opening a free World Character Transfer service from the Hardcore server to any of the non-Hardcore servers, so players can keep playing any of the characters they've created. [/LIST]

Characters are transferred from the Hardcore server to another server through the game launcher. Click here for our guide to world transfers.
    Thanks Cordo, I'm still trying to figure out the following though because it's not clear (or I haven't seen it articulated anywhere else):

Will dead characters be resurrected on the HC server first (so that they can gather items if necessary) before they can be transferred to a live server or is it that we will have to transfer our dead characters to a live server at which point they will be resurrected?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Manganese (Monk) , Arcflame (Wiz), Moncler (Drunk), Rhoque (Stick build), Arthee (Tosser), Complesean (Ranged Build),
    Haggail (Warchanter/Swash), Amandla (Pally), Bahrbie (Warlock), Alaniel (FvS)
    of Renowned

Do I need to purchase 1 month ViP for 1 day to be able to logon and sort my bank and stuff?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

... and the next hardcore league will start approx... when?

Any chance that "early December" could be from 1st December?

Or could I submit a dev request to transfer a toon on my behalf? I'll be away from internet access from the 6th and no way to transfer...

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by jamkriz View Post
    Thanks Cordo, I'm still trying to figure out the following though because it's not clear (or I haven't seen it articulated anywhere else):

Will dead characters be resurrected on the HC server first (so that they can gather items if necessary) before they can be transferred to a live server or is it that we will have to transfer our dead characters to a live server at which point they will be resurrected?
    We stated at the start that dead characters would remain dead on the Hardcore League server, so they could not gather items. However, there is some thought about not being so strict about it, although it would involve some level of work to enable. I would plan for it being no, and then maybe be happy if we can make it happen.

Note that it will be possible to create a character, load up account items on that character, then transfer the "bank toon" to the server of your choice.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Any chance that "early December" could be from 1st December?

Or could I submit a dev request to transfer a toon on my behalf? I'll be away from internet access from the 6th and no way to transfer...
    The exact timing is TBD, and is dependent on some server-related work we intend to do between now and then.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Do I need to purchase 1 month ViP for 1 day to be able to logon and sort my bank and stuff?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Yes, you will need to be VIP to log into the Hardcore League server.
    Join us on Twitch!

Yes, you will need to be VIP to log into the Hardcore League server.
    Hm, that is kind of bad for purchases of December Deals .... I can't purchase content and the like if I am ViP. Could you bring this to the attention to the right people?

Or I just have to bite the bullet and prepare my characters on the last day for a transfer without logging in anymore. I think it would be a good idea to point this out in the FAQs.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 10-22-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

I am assuming you cannot transfer to your home server if your account slots are fully used up and would have to delete toons to free up space..

for instance..

( I am acually 47 of 47 atm)
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

[*]If your name is being used on the world you are transferring to, your name will be appended with a -1 and you will be granted a one-time free rename credit. While logged into the character you wish to change the name of, type /changename (new name) into the chat panel to change your name.
    it should be -hardcore instead of -1
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar

This may be a silly question...

Will Mortality be a permanent fixture in the Hall of Heroes on the live servers?

Some of the non-permanent rewards can only be obtained by talking with her.

During reincarnation on live, you will obviously have the cloaks and the pet reward in your bank/stable, but rewards that are feats such as the cosmetic bleeding eyes will have to be obtained from Mortality.

If not then is the plan to make the feats permanent through reincarnation? (If you create a new character, how do you get those feats?)
    Last edited by AnubisPrime; 10-22-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    it should be -hardcore instead of -1
    There is nothing particularly special tech-wise about this upcoming World Transfer, it's the same transfer you'll do any time.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    This may be a silly question...

Will Mortality be a permanent fixture in the Hall of Heroes on the live servers?

Some of the non-permanent rewards can only be obtained by talking with her.

During reincarnation on live, you will obviously have the cloaks and the pet reward in your bank/stable, but rewards that are feats such as the cosmetic bleeding eyes will have to be obtained from Mortality.

If not then is the plan to make the feats permanent through reincarnation? (If you create a new character, how do you get those feats?)
    Yes, Mortality will remain in the Hall of Heroes on the non-Hardcore servers.
    Join us on Twitch!

ok, I will ask a more simple question.

Will the Hardcore League start again in the relative near future?
    like Late Dec. or Jan. or Feb. ?

Yea or Nah ?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    ok, I will ask a more simple question.

Will the Hardcore League start again in the relative near future?
    like Late Dec. or Jan. or Feb. ?

Yea or Nah ?
    At this time we have nothing to say officially about a return of the Hardcore League.
    Join us on Twitch!

We stated at the start that dead characters would remain dead on the Hardcore League server, so they could not gather items. However, there is some thought about not being so strict about it, although it would involve some level of work to enable. I would plan for it being no, and then maybe be happy if we can make it happen.

Note that it will be possible to create a character, load up account items on that character, then transfer the "bank toon" to the server of your choice.
    My understanding is that dead characters would be revived and able to be transferred afterwards. I will be very cross if Standing Stone Games goes back on that.

Community Member

Default starter bundle

I was wondering if I get to keep the starter bundle gold star cleric since we can only get one per server. I have one on every server so transferring the one that I have on my deceased character will make it two on the same server. I really enjoyed the hardcore server but got tired of the starting island.

Community Member

Default "I'ts ta Die for" What an awesome experiance being on a merged server- Thank you -

[QUOTE=Cordovan;6259179]Our first Hardcore League is in its final stretch

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast