Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

I cant claim to be an expert, but I had a lot of fun playing an Aasimar Evocation DC Cleric on mid reapers. I have a few past lives and I have maxed all the epic destinies, but I don't have any completionists - I still got my DC upto about 110 or so and Cometfall, Burst of Glacial Wrath and Implosion were all very effective. (Yeah, I was surprised cometfall was still working)

My primary role in my group was healer, but I was still able to solo top level reaper 1 content with my robot hireling. Burst of glacial wrath is a very effective opener, arcane tempest gave me some DPS and implosion worked against anything not specifically immune. (Long cooldown, but no spell resist)

Oh, and I'm sure everyone knows that at high level turn undead is just not worthwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    My Warlock w/ an unbuffed 116 Char has standing 110 DC for finger & Mass hold, w/ 65-68 Spell Pen which seems more than enough for most R10 content, but I must say the new Sharn R10 content is extremely challenging. I started as a Sorc, but I just cant get past the flexibility & survivalist of my Warlock.
    (U48 Update) Standing CHR is 130 to 136 depend on gear set & R10 DC for Mass hold is 121 & 118 for insta kills, this level of DC focus means that there is going to be gaps in other areas, like less than max DPS, less HPs(2k), less AC(130) & PRR/MRR (162/90), many other builds can get much better numbers, but it is all about balance or focus, either build a balance character or focus in on DCs, I find R10 capable groups want more focused builds able to do 1 or 2 jobs well (CC & insta Kills in my case), I say find a job you like doing and do it well, everything else is a bonus!

I have to agree with many other posters, for sure a Wiz can get (highest) DCs approaching 130 which is crazy high, but that is really difficult, it takes a huge # of past lives, top end raid gear, and super focused build with sacrifices in many other areas. If DC is your focus then Wiz is your best bet, but there are many other builds/classes that can easily get "good enough" DC to make this game fun & playable especially if you have a good group.
    Last edited by majorhavoc; 02-15-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.... Mark Twain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12