Hero

Default Ooze Flask uptime

I’m trying to evaluate the usefulness of Ooze Flask against raid bosses and quest red names. At the end of the day, I'm interested in how I can keep Ooze Flask debuff up 100% of the time. I don’t currently have a rogue to test with, so I’d appreciate insight people can share with their personal experiences using Ooze Flask.

Ooze Flask supposedly has a DC vs Fort of 10 + Rogue level + INT bonus. At level 30, that’s roughly a 60 DC which means it should be negated unless a mob rolls a 1 on it’s Fort save. I’ve heard conflicting reports that the uptime is actually much higher than that, suggesting the DC formula is something else. It’s been suggested to me that the formula is actually based on Disable Device, affected by the Improved Trap enhancements. If that were true, then it would take an LGS INT +39 skills item to get a Disable Device DC in the mid 120s which is a serviceable DC. Crafting an LGS item is quite the investment to test something out, which I’m hesitant to do with my limited mats.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    I’m trying to evaluate the usefulness of Ooze Flask against raid bosses and quest red names. At the end of the day, I'm interested in how I can keep Ooze Flask debuff up 100% of the time. I don’t currently have a rogue to test with, so I’d appreciate insight people can share with their personal experiences using Ooze Flask.

Ooze Flask supposedly has a DC vs Fort of 10 + Rogue level + INT bonus. At level 30, that’s roughly a 60 DC which means it should be negated unless a mob rolls a 1 on it’s Fort save. I’ve heard conflicting reports that the uptime is actually much higher than that, suggesting the DC formula is something else. It’s been suggested to me that the formula is actually based on Disable Device, affected by the Improved Trap enhancements. If that were true, then it would take an LGS INT +39 skills item to get a Disable Device DC in the mid 120s which is a serviceable DC. Crafting an LGS item is quite the investment to test something out, which I’m hesitant to do with my limited mats.
    I've usually opted out of the alchemical trap portion of the tree after heroics because the CC portion seems to lag behind after heroics and I'm using those APs elsewhere. I'd have to retest ... I did craft a tier 2 LGS int skill boost. Prior to sharn I had no fail on magical traps like web and glitter dust. But sharn saves are very high and my DD was around 120s to 130s. I haven't fully geared with new things yet but I imagine I could get no fail again in the 140s.

Last I checked, only time bomb used DD for a portion of it's saves but it's DPS is Terrible and CC is very short. Also it's finicky depending on the terrain.

I'll test again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

3. 09-17-2019, 10:01 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post

Would love more community input on this as well. Also heard conflicting reports that the flask is not properly reducing PRR, can you confirm?