Default High Lords will host Caught in the Web teaching raid on Saturday, June 8 at 2pm ET

Last Saturday saw great turnout for Defiler of the Just with 7 signups, all first timers! You can read about it and watch the live stream here!

Next in our series will be Caught in the Web on Saturday, June 8 at 2pm ET

All events in this series are for players new(er) raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you must be at least level 20 to enter epic content.

If you are new to Web, You will need to flag and have access to the Menace of the Underdark expansion.

Flagging for Web requires completion of 11 quests among 3 chains (Eveningstar, Sschindylryn and the Demonweb). It takes some time and effort to flag but there are still some interesting loots to be had in DDO's first expansion from 2012!

Eveningstar chain
    Start by talking to Adamor Thellik in southern Eveningstar and do the four quests: Impossible Demands, Unquiet Graves, Lost Thread and Battle for Eveningstar. Turn in the chain to Adamor and then continue to the next chain.

Sschindylryn chain

Talk to Korrex Dunhaven in northern Eveningstar to pick up the chain. You will need to find your way to Sschindylryn through The Underdark. You can access The Underdark via the cave located in the far south portion of King's Forest. See Underdark link above for a map to get to the entrance of Sschindylryn or check out my video How to Get to Sschindylryn from the Kings Forest. Once you have found Sschindylryn, do the 4 quests: House of Rusted Blades, House of Death Undone, House of Broken Chains and The Portal Opens. Turn in the chain to Korrex to advance to the next chain. Note: finding the Underdark entrance in King's Forest and the Sschindylryn portal and the Riz Malag portal in the Underdark will grant access to new teleport locations from the Eveningstar Cavern portals, which will save a lot of travel time by allowing you to go directly to those locations. If you are interested, I have videos for House of Rusted Blades, House of Death Undone, House of Broken Chains and Portal Opens.

Demonweb chain

Talk to Xarathas in northern Eveningstar to pick up the chain. Access the Demonweb via the center portal in the Eveningstar cavern. Do the 3 quests: Trial by Fury, Deal and the Demon and Reclaiming the Rift. Once you turn the chain into Xarathas, Elminster will appear near him and will grant the raid. Note: Some of the web strands that connect the islands in the Demonweb change with each instance, so making your way to the quests will take some exploring. Falling off the edge in the Demonweb will randomly teleport you to one of three locations. One of the teleport destinations will take you to the island where Reclaiming the Rift is located. Once you learn the teleport destinations, it will make it easier to navigate to the other quests as well. I have videos for Deal and the Demon and Reclaiming the Rift that discuss how to find the quests and strategies for navigating the Demonweb. I also have a video for Trial by Fury that discusses my preferred path through the quest's confusing map.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on my twitch channel twitch.tv/vooduspyce so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. We will not be hosting the new Sharn raid Too Hot to Handle as a teaching raid. After 16 tries without success, we have given up on it as a guild for now and I don't envision us ever being able to host it as a teaching raid if it remains in its current state, which is entirely too difficult even on normal.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-05-2019 at 01:43 AM.