Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Update 41 Lamannia Preview 11/13-11/15

(EDIT 6: The preview will be closing in roughly 2 hours (at 6PM Eastern). If you'd like to get a last minute look at any of the changes before our second preview now is the time. Otherwise, we'd love your feedback here on the forums until our expected second preview is opened sometime in the week or two after thanksgiving.)

(EDIT 5: Hey, all! I know this preview has had a large share of rockiness and I will again apologize for all of it.

However! Tonight I and whoever else from the team that I can convince after I post this (after last minute deciding to host an event) will be available on Lamannia tonight to answer questions and run the new quest. I am expecting to be available from 6PM to 10 PM Eastern. I'd love so see you there and look forward to answering your questions!
    )

(EDIT 4: Unfortunately, the issue preventing players from copying their characters from live is not possible to resolve for preview 1. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes.)

(EDIT 3: The Preview is open! Release notes have been posted and links have been added to this thread pointing at the official discussion threads for the various features. I apologize for the scattered nature of this preview's forums presence as we moved as quickly as possible to get it up and open to players.)

(EDIT 2: The blocking issue has been resolved and we are moving forward. We expect to be able to open the preview in the next couple hours. We are expecting this first preview to run until sometime Friday evening. I will update this thread when it is open.)

(EDIT 1: Hey, all! The preview build has encountered a critical blocker that prevents it from being possible to open tomorrow. As such, the preview has been postponed until further notice. I apologize for the unstable nature of preview schedules and will attempt to keep you in the loop as a new timeline solidifies but at this time we do not have any indication as to when the preview will be available.)

Greetings!,

It's time again to begin previewing the next update. We currently expect for a preview of Update 41 to be available on Lamannia from 11/14 (Wednesday) to 11/16 (Friday). As always, this timeline is fluid and may end up changing, however, that is the current plan. This preview contains some but not all of the features that are planned for Update 41 including the following:

Expected Features

The full release notes are listed here!

Please note, it is probable that there will be a second preview for Update 41 but the dates of that have not yet been decided. When that has been determined we will let you know!
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 11-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Default First!!

nt
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Will the falconry tree finally be available to obtain without cosmetics???

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird6757 View Post
    Will the falconry tree finally be available to obtain without cosmetics???

As Per Coco yes it will be
    When I am good I am very good and when I am bad I am better

Quote Originally Posted by Craigrx1 View Post
    As Per Coco yes it will be
    Currently slated as a favor reward in U41. Remains to be seen whether it will make it in for the preview.

Oo, new f2p dungeon, huh? Looking forward to it!
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Words lack the ability to convey how excited I am for this!

in regards to the nuking spells can we get some details?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Greetings!,

Arcane DPS Spells Pass (Wizard/Sorcerer "nuking" spells)
    It will also include endgame feat spell like Ruin, Greater Ruin, Arcane Pulse and Hellball? In my humble opinion they require a improved dps too.

Thanks.
    Fanaval Turinaur of Orien

Reaper Trees Completionist; Racial Completionist; Quadruple Epic Completionist; Triple Heroic Completionist.

Community Member

if you watched todays live stream there is a point where there talking
    with no sound on hmmm, who can lip read?

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    in regards to the nuking spells can we get some details?
    There will be a thread detailing the pass available for feedback next week.

Community Member

Looking forward to see what's in store for Eldritch Knight. Hopefully it's not as disappointing as Warpriest.

• New Free to Play Dungeon - I'm excited to see what you have in mind for this. More quests is always better.
    • End Game Raid Loot Revamp - Sounds good so far. Let's get more info.
    • Arcane DPS Spells Pass (Wizard/Sorcerer "nuking" spells) - Tentatively worried about this since we haven't had any info on this so far. I don't want to be locked into having to run a wiz/sorc/warlock/fvs/cleric if I want to have any decent clearspeeds in heroic quests.
    • Eldritch Knight Revamp - Excited to see what's in store here. The tree suffers from high cost-low yield enhancements; and very few enhancements powerful enough to want to build towards.
    • Bard Songs Revamp - Not so keen on the nerf to inspire courage; but I like the change to single target bard songs.
    • Assorted smaller changes and bug fixes - Always good to have.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Sounds good,
    No new content
    I just rolled into heroics again
    Doing some more racials
    So thanks for the pause

Will the expansion be after update 41?
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

woot,

am looking foward to giving feedback!
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

Community Member

Currently slated as a favor reward in U41. Remains to be seen whether it will make it in for the preview.
    This is excellent news. Is it likely to be a per character (Vistani Knife Fighter) or per server (Harper) basis?

Cool New spells ?!

There will be a thread detailing the pass available for feedback next week.
    Next week ? Why do you leave us agonizing for that long ? Come on ! Hit us with the new nerfs already ! :-D

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Holy cow that's a lot of stuff. I look forward to previewing it all!

Community Member

Indeed lot of stuff.
    Maybe it would make sense to release some information earlier, to allow more time for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    • New Free to Play Dungeon - I'm excited to see what you have in mind for this. More quests is always better.
    • End Game Raid Loot Revamp - Sounds good so far. Let's get more info.
    • Arcane DPS Spells Pass (Wizard/Sorcerer "nuking" spells) - Tentatively worried about this since we haven't had any info on this so far. I don't want to be locked into having to run a wiz/sorc/warlock/fvs/cleric if I want to have any decent clearspeeds in heroic quests.
    • Eldritch Knight Revamp - Excited to see what's in store here. The tree suffers from high cost-low yield enhancements; and very few enhancements powerful enough to want to build towards.
    • Bard Songs Revamp - Not so keen on the nerf to inspire courage; but I like the change to single target bard songs.
    • Assorted smaller changes and bug fixes - Always good to have.
    Arcanes and offensive-casting divines have always had good 'clearspeeds' by virtue of the fact that they're spellcasters, and thus very good with trash mobs (physical dps is better with bosses due to not needing to rely on spell points). I don't think they need much help in heroics, but epics is where they fall short.

More on topic: YAAAAAY!!!!!! Everything in this list is exiting!!
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast