Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    The Deal and the Demon
    Ymris says, 'Make your preperations. I will call for them when you are ready.
    I think it should be preparations.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    The Deal and the Demon
    Ymris says, 'Make your preperations. I will call for them when you are ready.
    I think it should be ‘Our early attempts at a summoning mercenaries went through several preparations. Preparations A through G were a complete failure. But now, ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a working mercenary summoner, which we shall call... Preparation H.’.
    Yes.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Default Adventure Compendium revamp

The listing in the Adventure compendium is terrible..

Could you reorganize descriptions so the story arcs are in some semblance of an order..
    Something like

Level 8 Von Flag1 Tharask arena
    Level 8 Von Flag2 The Prisoner
    Level 9 Von Flag3 Jungle of Khyber
    Level 9 Von Flag4 Harverdasher
    Level 10 Von Raid1 Vault of Night
    Level 10 Von Raid2 Plane of Night

Level 21 EVon Flag1 Tharask arena
    Level 21 EVon Flag2 The Prisoner
    Level 22 EVon Flag3 Jungle of Khyber
    Level 22 EVon Flag4 Harverdasher
    Level 22 EVon Raid1 Vault of Night
    Level 22 EVon Raid2 Plane of Night

Level 21 ES1-Flag1 Impossible Demands
    Level 21 ES1-Flag2 Unquiet Graves
    Level 21 ES1-Flag3 The Lost Thread
    Level 21 ES1-End Arc Battle for Eveningstar

etc...
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Default Friends List issues

Friends list.. class and level of players...
    Its been broken since TR's were introduced back in 2013...
    The who tab (if character is online) displays the correct character level and class information...

Default Khyber and Siberys Shard Crunching

I get maybe that the interface is coded in a way that the Stone of Change Crafting cant be messed with without screwing it up..

but seriously..
    you couldn't add an NPC that would trade 10k stacks of Khyber and Siberys shards instead of having us suffer through the mindless clicks on a stupid crunching interface...
    The stone of change is still limited to 100 stacks and the interface locks up constantly forcing a close and re-open of the interface.

~Please personally go test this~
    take 1,000,000 Siberys fragments and make a flawless shard from scratch at the stone of change..
    do the same with 10k stacks of Khyber shards into the full spectrum of soul gems.

It was a PITA even back in 2011 (annoyance to player even longer than that)...

Default The Dead shall rise.. except the last one...

And the dead shall rise..

The "Slay 25 skeletons" optional objective is frequently uncompletable due to not enough skeletons spawning
    its even recognizezd in the DDOWIKI...
    been broken oh for so long....

Default Missing Chalice upon completion

Eebilsteenk in Gianthold doesn't display a quest chalice over his head when players complete Maze of Madness,
    He does have the reward interface when you talk to him.. just no green icon.

its been years...

was on your last Lynnabel thread.. still not resolved...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-27-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Default Riding the storm and some other mobs.. HP do not fit in window..

The Dragon in Riding the Storm on Legendary Normal..
    That's quite the meatsack of HP for CR35 ,and his HP don't fit in the box...

8. 09-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Default Bank Storage sorting and display issues

Bank/Crafting Storage - change the display order when we deposit things into the bank and bag storage box..

Please resort the list so when I put something into the bank it shows up in the first position of the first page... not the last position of the last page..
    It is moronic that we have to constantly flip pages to the end page to see our most recent activity.
    ..total waste of resource loading and time...

Currently I have all the storage upgrades purchased from the DDO Store.
    220 Shared bank slots... we can see 25 items/tab.. so a full shared bank is 9 tabs to flip through to get to the most recent item you just put in.

The Crafting shared storage is much worse..
    2045 items - 45 from VIP and 8 upgrades@250each.. but same per tab view limitation of 25/tab...
    Many items do not stack or stack poorly related to bags since it is based on Inventory stacks not bag stacks)
    so... 82 tabs.. of flipping.. to see the recent additions while flipping past all the old [expletive]

and the display is broken in that once you get over 1,000 items of xx the limit gets pushed off the display screen.

and yeah we can do a simplistic filter.. assuming you can remember enough of it to narrow it down for a singular item.. doesn't help much when you move multiple items.
    Especially when a simple implementation from Dev's to change it so that the last thing you put in goes to the first spot of the first tab instead of the last spot in the last tab.

10. 09-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Default Lammania

Instead of a couple dozen days of uptime, have Lammania accessible all year round 24/7.. with downtime for updates and testing.
    Auto wipe periodically as needed..

Add some static scaling environmental damage zones for each and every type of damage.. for testing elemental absorption/resistance.

Add a scaling Damage zone.. swinging weapon to test Player AC/PRR/MRR at various stages.

There is value to players to have a play area to do testing and theory builds that the Live servers just doesn't give flexibility to test.
    The limited access we currently have .. sucks...

I took this picture a while ago and I haven't heard anything about it since other than someone else reporting it still existing not too long ago.

... Elminster and Gianthold do not mix!

DDO store a permanent version of cargo hold amenities.

Barkeep
    Banker
    Mailbox
    Auctioneer
    Teleporters
    Test dummies
    Would be nice to see these on the upper deck as well...

add the captain by the ladder on each deck.

a permanent clicky that allows players to port to ship would be nice too.. like the bottle of Mist for Ravenloft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh jeeze, wall of text incoming. Sorry in advance

It's a rule based effect. Rules are used for us to make effects that calculate based on some property on the player - in this case, Favored Soul Level and Epic Level. Rather than shove 30 copies of the same effect on the player, which is a major cause of instance slowdown, we use one effect that calculates itself on the fly. However, swapping equipment forces a rule recalculation regardless of what property the rule is modifying (in this case, Max and Current HP), so players will see their HP bounce around even though the calculation is near-instantaneous as their UI tries to keep up.

The Barbarian HP effect isn't a rule, it's just stuck to you and never needs to recalculate. If we didn't have the FVS effect recalculate, when a player would level up the effects caching system would leave the old one on them and they would never get their updated HP, even if they relogged.

TLDR it's doing a funky thing to get it to do what it does and that funky thing might be missing something so please tell us what else might be contributing to it forgetting what it's doing so we can fix it
    Thanks for the explanation. If it helps, I only seemed to be seeing a drop occur based on my FvS levels, not my Epic levels. Assuming it's redoing both each time, it's possible that the code for the epic level part is written in a different way, meaning that calculation happens faster (so isn't as noticeable). It could just be that the epic calculation doesn't have to run through all classes and count them, so less processes means faster. Assuming everyone who is getting the non-reset bug is just seeing it with the heroic part of the HP, then what Epic is doing right might identify what is stopping Heroic from doing so.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Community Member

DDTW splash screen, seige s/b siege

Grates me every time!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. If it helps, I only seemed to be seeing a drop occur based on my FvS levels, not my Epic levels. Assuming it's redoing both each time, it's possible that the code for the epic level part is written in a different way, meaning that calculation happens faster (so isn't as noticeable). It could just be that the epic calculation doesn't have to run through all classes and count them, so less processes means faster. Assuming everyone who is getting the non-reset bug is just seeing it with the heroic part of the HP, then what Epic is doing right might identify what is stopping Heroic from doing so.
    Believe it or not, it's actually the same effect doing one rule to recalculate. I appreciate you trying to debug - what helps most, though, is your experiences with how the bug happens rather than trying to see it from our end. Ideally, we'd meet in the middle somewhere

Actually, wait, I don't see Reaper HP recalculate on my current life on live when I switch weapons, though... hmmm... the plot thickens XD
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

I don't know if this qualifies as easy to fix. Probably not, because I've bug reported it for years and sadly had no success with convincing anyone to fix it.

Anyway, Pale Master negative energy healing is cut down by 25% when Arcane Barrier from Eldritch Knight is active. Yet the ability Arcane Barrier states that it only reduces incoming damage. If we could de-flag Negative energy for that, it would be awesome, given that the two trees are available in the same class.

This issue also occurs with the ability Thick-Skinned in the Legendary Dreadnought Destiny, but at least that one isn't automatic or a prerequisite for something crucial.

...of course, I'd also bring up that Burst of Glacial Wrath is erroneously considered a mind-affecting spell when it should work like Quarantine's freeze effect (he says while bringing it up), but I'm guessing that one falls outside the realm of easy issues. Regardless, thanks for all the hard work!

-Jayron

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    ... Elminster and Gianthold do not mix!
    Gianthold has rivers of molten lava. Can we try to mix Elminster with them?
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Actually, wait, I don't see Reaper HP recalculate on my current life on live when I switch weapons, though... hmmm... the plot thickens XD
    I just did a ranger twf life and my reaper hp recalculate when I swap weapons. I don't recall it doing this on previous lives where I did THF or SWF. (not ranger then)

Community Member

Lyn likes fixing typos! I hate seeing typos! Friends!

New typo: In "The Mask of Deception" (tried Heroic, don't know if it happens in Epic), the optional to poison the soldiers' ham says "posion".
    It's also unholy unto Kargon, but that blasphemy has been on for a while, so I guess anyone can choose to abstain to poison some tasty ham for religious reasons.

Community Member

Default Sonic spells not affected by Air Savant

Double gross. Fixed, but gross. For reference, this will affect the spells Greater Shout, Shout, Sonic Blast, and Soundburst. Hopefully I didn't miss any :<
    Thanks! I guess those are the most important ones. So yay. Hope it works.
    If you wish to dabble more, there's:
    * Check if the fix affects also the Sonic Blast SLA and Shout SLA from Spellsinger.
    * Reverberate SLA from Spellsinger
    * Horn of Thunder SLA from Spellsinger!
    * Resist Energy, Sonic / Protection from Energy, Sonic
    * Maybe some from here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Sonic_spells.

Few epic sonic abilities exist, but those don't seem to scale with caster level. So it's largely irrelevant. Hellball. Primal Scream. Forced Escape.

Some more sonic bugs:

1) Sonic Blast is not affected by Robe of Duality's Arcane Augmentation I.

2) Greater Shout (on a bard) cannot be affected by Intensify Spell and Embolden Spell
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/476215

I do not see a HP recalc when I swap weapons. But when I use scrolls or wands it happens all the time, on several different characters.

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast