Default Looking for a red slot adamantine quarterstaff

My acrobat/assassin is very lucky at finding stuff, but in all my years of playing, I've never come across an adamantine q-staff with a red slot. I'm not loaded, but I do have some crafting ingredients and other things for trade. Feel free to contact me in-game.

Opossum of Sarlona
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Default Sorry

I can't EVER recall seeing a loot-gen Quarterstaff being made of anything besides some sort of wood.

If memory serves, they used to sell silver and cold iron Q-staves in the DDO store or it could have been in one of the vendors. Of course, they never had any augments slots, red or otherwise. They may also have sold an adamantine one but I don't remember that if they did. Regardless, it wouldn't have had a red slot either. They all would have been bound to account or to character, too.
    Last edited by Arkat; 06-18-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

I don't think those exist. Good luck.

EDIT: Store has blessed silver qstaff, blessed cold iron staff, adamantine staff.
    Quest chains can have quarterstaves from special metals, but I don't think those can appear with a slot. At least, I never saw any.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I can't EVER recall seeing a loot-gen Quarterstaff being made of anything besides some sort of wood.
    They also drop in steel, and common enough that slotted ones can be found.

Adamantine would only be some named staff, or store bought.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    They also drop in steel, and common enough that slotted ones can be found.
    Yep. Just came across a few Steel ones in the AH. Thanks. I had forgotten about those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default Say it ain't so

That's the thing, though. I've been playing since 2008. A while after the first crafting slots started being generated, I started to wonder if red-slot and adamantine don't randomly generate together, but my alt's craftable dwarven war axe is proof it happens to exotic weaponry at least. Why not simple weaponry?

My acrobat is using many steel quarterstaves with slots and a couple of densewood, ruby eyes of erosion, inferno, silvered strikes, adamantine arms, etc. A slotted adamantine q-staff seems to be my holy grail.

The only reason I could think of is adamantine, red slot, AND two-handed fighting might be considered too powerful, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are some greataxes or mauls out there with that combo.
    Last edited by LazarusPossum; 06-19-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Community Member

Metal-type quarterstaffs don't drop in the standard loot table.

You can get them in some chain end reward lists, like Waterworks.

I've never seen them with metal-type and an augment slot.

Default This is what gives me hope

From DDOWiki:

"A randomly generated weapon has an enhancement bonus, can be of a special material, and it can have a maximum of one prefix, one suffix, and one augment slot (either colorless or red)."

http://ddowiki.com/page/Weapon_enchantment_summary

As far as I can research, the same BASIC random lootgen rules still apply after the prefix/suffix/extra effects changes during the Cannith crafting overhaul.
    Of course, now with crafting, one should be able to add a Cannith slot, also.

I mean, I have a byeshk sickle, a silver dwarven axe, and an adamantine dwarven axe, all with red-slots in my collection of stuff to craft. Even if rare, an adamantine red-slot should be at least a possibility according to the wiki.
    Last edited by LazarusPossum; 06-19-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Community Member

For some reason, metallic quarterstaves are not the same BASIC random lootgen. They are different.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    For some reason, metallic quarterstaves are not the same BASIC random lootgen. They are different.
    ...which I think really seems arbitrary and uncool, but not only because it applies to my character. Off the top of my head, I don't think daggers are affected this way, which would be an equivalent nerf for the Vistani enhancement tree.

Yeah, I get it, but I don't have to like it. Maybe I'll do some more research and try to present a well-supported argument for this to the devs (if they listen). Wish me luck.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

The only special metal quarterstaves I've seen have come from the Waterworks end reward, and are BtA. And not very often. I have a grand total of one each flametouched iron, silver and byeshk. No slots. The only lootgen quarterstaves I've seen, with or without red slots, are either wood or steel. I think the only special material quarterstaves with slots are named loot.

Come to think of it, I've never noticed a lootgen scepter that wasn't wood, either.

I have several two-handers (greataxe, greatsword, falchion) that are special metal with red slots - adamantine, silver, cold iron, flametouched iron. I've seen more adamantine and silver drop with red slots than cold iron or flametouched iron. Not that any drop often.