Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find brawnpit

Default Find brawnpit

Hell no. You go find brawnpit. Time sinks aren't my thing.
    I'll just go do another quest.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

he's literally 30 secs away from the door... and I fail to see how that differ from ANY other game mechanic than can be reduced down to get from point to point B.
    What makes me curious is what you want actually? a quest where ya stay in the same spot and everything come to ya and progress the story? without moving an inch? and it was worth a thread instead of chiming in the other ones? are you doing it for attention? are you trolling us?
    So many questions...
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

any quest is a time sink when you are learning it. so far I have only seen 3 locations he can spawn, and if you cant be bothered to check then bring along someone with a super high concentration skill and have them talk to the giants. they tell where brawnpit is if you read.

Quote Originally Posted by tafla421 View Post
    any quest is a time sink when you are learning it. so far I have only seen 3 locations he can spawn, and if you cant be bothered to check then bring along someone with a super high concentration skill and have them talk to the giants. they tell where brawnpit is if you read.
    I have the concentration skill and they said he's at the aqueduct, But I couldn't find him anyway and left. I can do that right? I can leave a quest and go do another right? Or am I some kind of troll for searching twice for half an hour and giving up? Do I have to be pleased with every mechanic the devs put out or nah?

But there is no need to answer. I've been here since the beginning and I'm already familiar with how this forum and it's members operate.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    I have the concentration skill and they said he's at the aqueduct, But I couldn't find him anyway and left. I can do that right? I can leave a quest and go do another right? Or am I some kind of troll for searching twice for half an hour and giving up? Do I have to be pleased with every mechanic the devs put out or nah?

But there is no need to answer. I've been here since the beginning and I'm already familiar with how this forum and it's members operate.
    I wonder if the quest can break and he doesn't spawn. I ran this on lama, cleared the map and retraced my steps, even talked to the NPCs multiple times thinking I needed to trigger something. Gave up after 45 minutes and went back to live xp bonus weekend.

Community Member

yes you can leave but complaining without explaining why is just asking for the type of response you got. your original post was a I cant find it so I'm mad post. nothing stated you actually really tried looking just that you expected everything to be on easy mode so you could finish the quest with no prior experience in less then 5 mins.

I'm sorry that you were not able to find Brawnpit in this quest.

We approach new quests differently it appears. I tend to enjoy quests that are not completely obvious on how to complete them from the start. I enjoy spending my time meandering around looking under each blade of grass and talking to each NPC. I'm the player in PnP that will take the time to search a whole room looking for the hidden stuff even it is just a funny Easter Egg.

Default Spoiler alert

He's always in the same spot. Follow the path to the end where you get to a closed door. Don't talk to anyone instead go left and follow it to Branwpits. You will have to kill a small # of things between the door and Brawnpits.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    He's always in the same spot. Follow the path to the end where you get to a closed door. Don't talk to anyone instead go left and follow it to Branwpits. You will have to kill a small # of things between the door and Brawnpits.
    He can be in multiple spots. If you only got one so far it was luck.

Community Member

I've only seen him by the aqueduct and kind of near his camp.

The first time I ran this quest I looked all over the map and lol'd when he was pretty much seconds from his camp. I think it took around 45 minutes to complete but most of this was running around in circles like a moron.

This quest can be done in a really short amount of time. The Mother Scorpion seems to always be around the same place and that's all you need to make the stew.

But I feel you OP. I don't like "search for X" quests most of the time either. I think I do like this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post

The first time I ran this quest I looked all over the map and lol'd when he was pretty much seconds from his camp. I think it took around 45 minutes to complete but most of this was running around in circles like a moron.

This quest can be done in a really short amount of time. The Mother Scorpion seems to always be around the same place and that's all you need to make the stew.

But I feel you OP. I don't like "search for X" quests most of the time either. I think I do like this one though.
    So another instance farm. Kthx.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post

getting all the things for the stew and doing the optionals helps the end fight I think. when I correctly did the 4 altars the spirits were on my side during the fight, and corresponding spirits in the main area also pacify and will help fight aggressive monsters. not sure if it is really worth the time and effort tho, maybe on higher reaper.

Community Member

getting all the things for the stew and doing the optionals helps the end fight I think. when I correctly did the 4 altars the spirits were on my side during the fight, and corresponding spirits in the main area also pacify and will help fight aggressive monsters. not sure if it is really worth the time and effort tho, maybe on higher reaper.
    Good to know about the altars. Haven't messed with those yet.

What is the "correct way" to do the altars?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I don't remember the exact names but:

The fire alter is the lawbringer
    The water alter is the bloody spear
    The earth alter is the jungle something
    The air alter is the last <someonerother>

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I know two of them.

The first one you come across when going down the road, that has a fire giant and some Sulatar drow and two fire elementals is L"something" the oathmaker or lawmaker... the fire giant mentions him while talking to the drow in the overhead text.

The other one I have so far got correct was the Rowa of the leaves is the altar with an enormous stone head covered in leaves.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

yes you can leave but complaining without explaining why is just asking for the type of response you got. your original post was a I cant find it so I'm mad post. nothing stated you actually really tried looking just that you expected everything to be on easy mode so you could finish the quest with no prior experience in less then 5 mins.
    What do you think the phrase "time sink" means?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

It was nice for a quest mixup although I can understand how some might find it frustrating. But considering most quests are linear I welcomed a different approach. And I searched the whole map actually before I found him, he was literally in the last part of the map I uncovered, lol. Took 20 mins or so. Still not too bad. And you kinda have to runaround the whole map anyway to collect the stuff so even if you find brawnpits last it's not like you lose much time.
    Last edited by axel15810; 04-15-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Community Member

You can pretty much do whatever you please. What you are not: being entitled to sympathy.

And as you claim to know how things work here and how everyone is a jerk to you, makes one wonder why post your lamentations in the first place. Is that some kind of digital "cursing the heavens above"?

Chances are, some people might agree with you, probably even myself, if you brought up the topic like an adult person, instead of shouting out loud "no fair" and stomping the ground like some angry kid not getting the candy at the register.
    Last edited by Algreg; 04-15-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Community Member

What do you think the phrase "time sink" means?
    first off throwing a fit after just trying the quest twice is still throwing a fit. secondly if you don't like time sinks then why are you playing ddo. you literally level your character to max and reset them back to lvl 1 over and over again. if you don't even have the patience to learn a quest that can be run in less then 10 mins how did you even get enough levels to run this quest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast