Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    So use acid rain or ice storm scrolls. They also have no save, and do the same damage.

I'm just pointing out that there are no weapons better than scrolls in heroics. Even using the new VKF tree, you get to choose between using a paragon dagger at 1.5(1d4) + 6d6 non-scaling damage single target effects or a scroll of say acid rain that does 1 single damage + 48d4 AoE damage scaling with 75 spell power from W&S mastery.

One weapon hits for 25 damage single target, the other hits 1 damage single target plus a 200 damage AoE.

It's almost like we are playing real D&D. Hahahahahah!
    Of course this does not correspond to my experience in the game. I think you're twisting arguments to adjust them to your convenience. And the worst is that anyone can see that they are not true. Do you think anyone knows how much damage is done in melee, and how much with spells?

Community Member

As it so happens, I'm on a pure 10 arti right now.

In heroics at level 10, blast rod sla after a motes spell/scroll hits for 500, crits for 1k. I'm using a shield offhand with a tankier lower spell power build though.

Last edited by Tilomere; 03-23-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    As it so happens, I'm on a pure 10 arti right now.

In heroics at level 10, blast rod sla after a motes spell/scroll hits for 500, crits for 1k. I'm using a shield offhand with a tankier lower spell power build though.

I'm confused. You're being called out about scroll-casted spells and you post a screenshot of an SLA or normal spell being cast? I think folks want to see a screenshot of the scroll damage not your blast rod damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    I'm confused.
    Me2. Scroll damage is fixed by scroll level, arti bonus scroll levels, and W&S mastery. Why would you want a screenshot of that?

Tilo is trolling if you haven't figured it out by now.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234