Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default U36 Patch 3 First Preview Release Notes

[EDIT2: Lamannia is now open!]

[EDIT: Added more known issues encountered while approving the build. In addition: Lammania has been updated. The build has been approved. We are going through the process of doing a character wipe and setting all the world properties to what they need to be before players are allowed in. We intend to open tonight within the next hour or two. Will put out an announcement when it is open.]

After additional delays, a Lamannia preview that includes some (but not all) of the changes planned to come to DDO in the near future is expected to open either this evening or on Thursday 10/5/2017. In the meantime, despite the frustrating delays, here are the full release notes for this first preview of U36 Patch 3. Important to note: This preview does not contain all of the features that are planned for U36 Patch 3.

Reincarnation: Improvements have been made to the reincarnation system to prevent loss of items while undergoing the process!
    • Changes have been made to the way a player's inventory and bank are moved to the True Reincarnation cache during reincarnation. The process occurs upon first login after a reincarnation. The process is now more resilient against disconnects that occur at this time.
    • If there is a problem and it detects that items were lost, a message will be displayed in the chat window at login.
    • Customer service now has additional tools to identify and restore items lost in this process (These tools will not be able to assist issues encountered before this patch goes live).

Ravenloft Expansion Features: Some of the features from the upcoming Ravenloft expansion are available for early preview!
    • Race: Aasimar: A new heroic Eberron race which will be free to VIPs and available in all Ravenloft Expansion bundles and, at a later date, in the DDO store.
      • Base Traits:
        • + 1 Charisma
        • + 1 Wisdom
        • Racial Lay On Hands (Healing Hands). Start with one charge per rest, gain more in tree. Can only be used while your Bond Feat is active. 10+Character Level * WIS Mod = HP gained.
        • +2 Racial Bonus to Heal, Listen, and Spot.
        • +5 Resistance to Cold, Acid, and Electricity.
        • Choose one Bond Feat. These are toggled on to get their bonuses, have visual effects, are mutually exclusive with Warlock Pacts. (Bear in mind that these ability scores don't apply to Feat Prereqs or anything.)
          • Protector
            • +1 Charisma
            • +1 to Will Saving Throws
          • Fallen
            • +1 to Strength
            • +1 to Reflex Saving Throws
      • Racial Enhancement Tree:
        • Core Abilities
          • Core 1: +1 use of Healing Hands per rest.
          • Core 2: WIS/CHA/STR
          • Core 3: +2 more uses of Healing Hands per rest.
            • Protector Bond now grants +2% Dodge.
            • Fallen Bond now grants +2 to Tactics DCs.
          • Core 4: WIS/CHA/STR
          • Core 5: +3 more uses of Healing Hands per rest. You recharge one use of Healing Hands every 3 minutes.
        • Tier 1:
          • Fight the Wicked: +1 to hit and damage vs. Evil creatures. (1AP)
          • Counsel: +1/2/3 to the Heal, Listen, and Spot skills
          • True Resilience: +1/2/3 to your (Will/Ref Saving Throws) (Choice is gated based on your Bond Feat)
          • Bold: You overcome fear quickly - fear and shaken effects are removed from you after 12/6/3 seconds.
          • Improved Recovery: +20 Healing Amplification
        • Tier 2:
          • Fight the Wicked: +1 to hit and damage vs. Evil creatures.
          • Arcanum: +25/+50/+100 spell points and +1/+2/+3 spell penetration.
          • Divine Purpose: Gain an active ability with one charge per rest. Must have your Bond Feat active to use.
            • Protector: You sprout ethereal wings, the marks of the Protector. For one minute, you gain a Determination Bonus to Healing Amplification and Positive Spell Power equal to your Character Level.
            • Fallen: You sprout weird wings of a Fallen Aasimar. For one minute, you gain +2 Primal bonus to Strength and +5% Primal bonus to Doublestrike.
          • Divine Resolve: +1/2/3 (CHA/STR, gated by your Bond Feat) while your Divine Purpose is active.
        • Tier 3:
          • Fight the Wicked: +1 to hit and damage vs. Evil creatures.
          • Divine Charge: +1/2/3 Purpose Charges
        • Tier 4:
          • Celestial Tutelage: Choose one of the following.
            • Tower Shield Proficiency
            • Bastard Sword Proficiency
            • Magical Training
            • Quick Draw
          • Divine Form: Toggle: 30sp, toggles off on rest. Must have your Bond Feat active to use. Mutually exclusive with Form feats (PM, Druid, etc).
          • Protector: You gain +3 stacking bonus to all Saving Throws, 10% Competence Bonus to Max HP, and a +10 Determination Bonus to PRR and MRR.
          • Fallen: You gain immunity to Fear, a +10 Determination bonus to Melee Power, and your melee weapon attacks add a stack of Vulnerability once per second.

• Universal Enhancement Tree: Vistani Knife Fighter: A new universal enhancement tree which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles and, at a later date, in the DDO store, as well as able to be earned from Favor attainable in Ravenloft content on a per character basis.
      • Core Abilities
        • Core 1: Knife Expertise You gain +1 to hit and damage with daggers and throwing daggers.
        • Core 2: Knife Juggler You gain +5% to speed with throwing daggers. You gain the benefits of the Deflect Arrows feat, knocking aside one incoming projectile that would have struck you every 6 seconds.
        • Core 3: Quick Reflexes You gain Quickdraw as a bonus feat. You gain +5% Doublestrike (main and off hand), and Doubleshot.
        • Core 4: Plays With Knives You gain a +1 Competence bonus to Critical Threat Range and +1 to Critical Damage Multiplier with daggers and throwing daggers.
        • Core 5: Vistani Fortune Passive: You gain +10 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. Activate to gain one random Vistani fortune. Cooldown 60 seconds.
          • Coins: You gain 10% Doublestrike and 10% Doubleshot for 60 seconds.
          • Glyphs: You gain 10 Physical Resistance Rating and 20 Magical Resistance Rating for 60 seconds.
          • Stars: You gain +2 to all ability scores for 60 seconds.
          • Swords: You gain 15 Melee Power and Ranged Power for 60 seconds.
        • Core 6: Blade Master You gain +2 to all ability scores. You gain +5% attack speed one handed weapons and throwing weapons. You gain 20 Melee Power and 20 Ranged Power.
      • Tier One
        • Vistani Knife Training: When using a dagger in each hand, you now fight in melee using the Vistani style, with both daggers held down point down. You gain +1 to hit and damage with daggers and throwing daggers.
        • Undead Hunter: You resist evil influences particularly well, gaining a +2 bonus to saves against spells and effects produced by evil creatures. Undead are automatically consider a Favored Enemy for you.
        • Mist Stalker I: You gain +25% negative energy absorption. You gain +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.
        • Acrobatic: +1/2/3 Balance, Jump, and Tumble. Rank 3: +1 to Reflex Saving Throws.
        • Rapid Attack: You gain both of the following:
          • Rapid Slash: Requires dagger. Melee Attack: Deals +3(W) damage. You gain a 20% Morale bonus to (main hand) doublestrike for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
          • Rapid Throw: Requires throwing knife. Missile Attack: Deals +3(W) damage. You gain a 20% Morale bonus to doubleshot for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds. This puts Ten Thousand Stars and Manyshot on a 10 second cooldown.
      • Tier Two
        • Vistani Knife Training: You gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with daggers and throwing daggers.
        • Blooded Blades: When you score a Vorpal hit with a dagger or throwing knife you add a stack of Blood of Vengeance to your opponent.
          • Blood of Vengeance: You deal 1d6 damage per two seconds for 30 seconds. This damage scales with 200% Melee Power. This stacks up to 10 times, with news stacks refreshing the duration.
        • Mist Stalker II: You gain +2 to Will saving throws. You gain +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.
        • Weapon Versatility: Your melee and missile attacks use the higher of Melee Power or Ranged Power.
        • Haste Boost: Activate to gain a 10%/20%/30% Action Boost bonus to attack speed for 20 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
      • Tier Three
        • Vistani Knife Training: You gain +1 to hit and damage with daggers and throwing knives.
        • Fan of Knives: On activation: You throw a hail of throwing knives in a cone in front of you. Enemies caught in the cone take 5 to 8 per character level of damage and take 1 stack of Blood of Vengeance. This damage scales with 100% Ranged Power. Cooldown: 15 seconds
        • Mist Stalker III: You are immune to Fear effects. You gain +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.
        • Deadly Blades: Your daggers and throwing daggers do an additional +1(W) of damage.
        • Gifted: Choose one:
          • +1 Strength
          • +1 Dexterity
          • +1 Constitution
          • +1 Intelligence
          • +1 Wisdom
          • +1 Charisma
      • Tier Four
        • Vistani Knife Training: You gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with daggers and throwing knives.
        • Celerity: You gain +5% Doublestrike (main and off hand), and Doubleshot.
        • Mist Stalker IV: You gain immunity to Energy Drain. You gain +6 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.
        • Choose One:
          • Single Dagger: When fighting single weapon style with a dagger: +20 Melee Power
          • Double Daggers: When fighting with a dagger in each hand: +20% stacking chance to make off-hand attacks when dual wielding weapons.
        • Gifted: Choose one:
          • +1 Strength
          • +1 Dexterity
          • +1 Constitution
          • +1 Intelligence
          • +1 Wisdom
          • +1 Charisma
      • Tier Five
        • Vistani Knife Training: You gain +3 to hit and damage with daggers and throwing knives.
        • Whirling Blades: Requires throwing knife. Missile Attack: +5(W) damage. Your throwing knife gains 100 doubleshot for 15 seconds. Cooldown one minute. (Shares cooldown with 10K Stars.)
        • Mist Stalker V: Activate to gain +20% Dodge and Maximum Dodge, +30 PRR, and +30 MRR for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
        • Blessed Blades: You gain both of the following:
          • Blessed Blades: Requires dagger. Melee attack. +5(W) damage, plus one stack of Blood of Vengeance. Your equipped daggers gain a +10 Enhancement bonus for 10 seconds. They also gain Silver, Good, and Ghost Touch. 10 second cooldown.
          • Blessed Knives: Requires throwing knife. Missile attack. +5(W) damage, plus one stack of Blood of Vengeance. Your throwing knife gains a +10 Enhancement bonus for 10 seconds. It also gains Silver, Good, and Ghost touch. 10 second cooldown.
        • Vendetta: Activate to gain a unique +1 Critical Threat Range and +1 to Critical damage multiplier to your equipped daggers or throwing knive for 15 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

• Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings: Scarecrow: Two new Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
      • Scarecrow Hirelings will have variants at the following levels:
        • Level 10
        • Level 30

• New Cosmetics: A variety of cosmetic outfits, helms, pets, and weapon aura's which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
      • The following cosmetic outfits are available for preview:
        • Barovian Noble
        • Vampire Hunter
        • Barovian Noble
        • Vampire Hunter
      • The following cosmetic pets are available for preview:
        • Black Cat
        • Raven

Bug Fixes:
    • Attack animations for Dragonborn wielding runearms are no longer stiff and awkward when wielding melee weapons or crossbows.
    • Unyielding Sentinel's Vigor of Battle now gives only the 20 Healing Amplification its text indicates that it should.

Known Issues:
    • Aasimar:
      • The Bond specific bonuses in the third core of the Aasimar tree are not yet ever granted.
      • The Fallen Divine Form in tier 4 of the Aasimar tree does not yet grant Fear Immunity.
      • We know that Aasimar has a couple animation hitches (mostly related to attacking while moving and then returning to idle) but would still love reports of all animation issues you see.
      • Beards on Aasimar Males are not all directly attached to their faces.
      • Not all Aasimar character generation cosmetic options are currently hooked up. (Notably some eyes are blank and most mouths are the same)
      • Healing Hands and Divine Purpose currently never gain more than 1 charge.
      • Toggling "Ascendant Bond" on can sometimes cause your wings to sprout and remain as long as the toggle remains active.
      • Zoning can cause both "Bond" and "Ascendant Bond" buffs to be removed requiring you to toggle off and on again to get the benefits back.
    • Vistani Knife Fighter:
      • The Enhancement Tree symbol currently matches the Harper Agent Enhancement Tree symbol.
      • Vistani Knife Training I text does not state that it grants +1 to hit and damage with Throwing Knives (but it does).
      • Mist Stalker I does not grant +25% Negative Absorption.
      • Mist Stalker IV text states that it grants +3 PRR and MRR.
    • Other:
      • The Scarecrow Hirelings have not been statted. They are currently level 1 and level 17 Owlbear Fighters.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 10-04-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Ravenloft Expansion Features: Some of the features from the upcoming Ravenloft expansion are available for early preview!
    • Race: Aasimar: A new heroic Eberron race which will be free to VIPs and available in all Ravenloft Expansion bundles and, at a later date, in the DDO store.
    • New Cosmetics: A variety of cosmetic outfits, helms, pets, and weapon aura's which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
        • Barovian Noble
        • Vampire Hunter
        • Barovian Noble
        • Vampire Hunter
      • The following cosmetic pets are available for preview:
        • Black Cat
        • Raven
    OMG OMG!!! can we get some screen shots posted for those of us that can't get Lammania to work? (I haven't been able to get Lammania to load since the preview of E3BC) Please, pretty please with bacon.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

hi cocomajobo, i do not like 1 thing about the aasimar...

in neverwinter nights 2 there is the aasimar race, and has got +2 wisdom +2 charisma

i do not like to have a race with +1 baseline wisdom and +1 baseline charisma...

what about this change i propose:

aasimar gets +2 baseline wisdom (and past life racial wisdom)

the bond perk gives either +2 strength or +2 charisma...

this way you can have a good aasimar with +2 wis +2 cha , and a fallen aasimar with +2 wis +2 str

this would make much more sense...

Will Aasimar lay on hands benefit from endless lay on hands from Unyielding Sentinel?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    OMG OMG!!! can we get some screen shots posted for those of us that can't get Lammania to work? (I haven't been able to get Lammania to load since the preview of E3BC) Please, pretty please with bacon.
    I downloaded Lammania yesterday. If time allows and it the client works I intend to take screen shots, post them to the DDO Wiki, and link them here.

Edit: Also, I am a vegetarian.
    Last edited by Annex; 10-04-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

As expected, Vistani has obvious synergies with Assassin and Swashbuckler, depending on how the bonuses stack. I could also see making a fun TWF Blood of Vol build. Rapid Slash / Throw might actually be too powerful for tier-1 ability; i.e., I would expect it to be nerfed or moved higher in the tree. On the flip side, I think the melee bonuses in the tier-5 are weaker than tier-4 Single / Double Daggers. Little surprised / disappointed not to see any stat substitution options, meaning Vistani builds are STR-based unless they have access to other class abilities (or Harper); i.e., I would like to see "Different Tack but just for daggers" somewhere.

I have my doubts this is enough to make throwing daggers competitive with shurimonk builds - very hard to beat those extra procs from Shuriken Expertise + Adv Ninja Training - but extra options is not a bad thing.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Default WIS to hit and damage?

Did I miss something or does neither the Vistani tree, nor the Aasimar tree grant WIS to hit and damage? Is this tree coming at a later point in time?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Did I miss something or does neither the Vistani tree, nor the Aasimar tree grant WIS to hit and damage? Is this tree coming at a later point in time?
    Neither of those trees are currently intended to have Wisdom to Hit and Damage. That was given to Favored Souls in U36 Patch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Please give us the screenshots Coco. Pretty please with pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Would be cool if we could get an enhancement in the Aasimar tree for some light/positive spell power. I know they seem to be geared towards paladins, but it wouldn't hurt to throw Clerics a bone without making it a copy of Morninglord.

I'm not too keen on the mutual exclusivity clauses (and healing hands working solely with WIS); I understand they are for keeping warlocks from getting stronger, but it basically nullifies the viability of Aasimar for Warlock at all, since the majority of its primary abilities don't even remotely offer benefit to Warlock. If power creep of Racial trees is getting to the point that we have to start nullifying that power from certain classes, perhaps that power should be reduced instead. I figured racial trees were always something of a complementary thing anyway, but more recent races have taken a drastic turn in that regard.

I'll reserve further judgement till after Lama testing.

-Jayron

Neither of those trees are currently intended to have Wisdom to Hit and Damage. That was given to Favored Souls in U36 Patch 2.
    Hmm, I guess I must have severely missed something; I could have sworn there was talk about holding off on adding WIS to hit/damage for monks and other classes because a Universal tree would be released at a later time. Interesting that you're more or less limited to having the majority of your levels in Favored Soul to have the option to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by LevelJ View Post
    Would be cool if we could get an enhancement in the Aasimar tree for some light/positive spell power. I know they seem to be geared towards paladins, but it wouldn't hurt to throw Clerics a bone without making it a copy of Morninglord.

I'm not too keen on the mutual exclusivity clauses (and healing hands working solely with WIS); I understand they are for keeping warlocks from getting stronger, but it basically nullifies the viability of Aasimar for Warlock at all, since the majority of its primary abilities don't even remotely offer benefit to Warlock. If power creep of Racial trees is getting to the point that we have to start nullifying that power from certain classes, perhaps that power should be reduced instead. I figured racial trees were always something of a complementary thing anyway, but more recent races have taken a drastic turn in that regard.

I'll reserve further judgement till after Lama testing.

-Jayron
    D&D has a long history of mutual exclusivity clauses preventing certain synergies, ranging from class alignment restrictions (can't be a Bard AND a Paladin), to class mechanics (if you want to use Rage, you'll have to give up most forms of Spellcasting). In this particular case, it made sense both on a game-balance level (Aasimar are intended to be more of a boon to CLR/FVS/PAL than WLK) and a Lore level (you can't invoke a Celestial Pact AND a Warlock's Pact at the same time).

Aasimar do not make optimal Warlocks, and that is fine.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

I Think this is quite nice, not insanely op but really good.

Can any plz plz give us screenies on aasimars and vistani knifers pointing daggers down?

And as already asked for, all new cosmetics!

Hmm time to go to drawingboard and get some new builds going :-)

(Lovely you devs going to beef things to around same powerlevel now, and not just doing last thing extremely better- this is how the game get more options imho, thumbs up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    I downloaded Lammania yesterday. If time allows and it the client works I intend to take screen shots, post them to the DDO Wiki, and link them here.

Edit: Also, I am a vegetarian.
    Thanks, and *hugs*, did you know fried dulse (type of seaweed) tastes like bacon?
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    D&D has a long history of mutual exclusivity clauses preventing certain synergies, ranging from class alignment restrictions (can't be a Bard AND a Paladin), to class mechanics (if you want to use Rage, you'll have to give up most forms of Spellcasting). In this particular case, it made sense both on a game-balance level (Aasimar are intended to be more of a boon to CLR/FVS/PAL than WLK) and a Lore level (you can't invoke a Celestial Pact AND a Warlock's Pact at the same time).

Aasimar do not make optimal Warlocks, and that is fine.
    "You must spread reputation around before giving it to Steelstar"

As much as I like warlocks Steelstar is very accurate on this the game has many potential very interesting and powerful build combinations and you could still likely make a powerful Warlock/Aasimar build; you just don't get, nor should you all of the synergies.

I think I'd like some clarification.

Are Aasimar and the vistani knife fighter coming in patch U36.3 or are they just currently being tested on lammania in preparation for the upcoming ravenloft expansion and will be officially released with the expansion? It also sounded almost like you're giving aasimar to VIP's and nobody else until ravenloft comes out, or it could be poor wording. I'm confused.

Also, what are the Aasimar past lives? My guess is +1 heal and +1 wisdom.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 10-04-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    in neverwinter nights 2 there is the aasimar race, and has got +2 wisdom +2 charisma

i do not like to have a race with +1 baseline wisdom and +1 baseline charisma...
    Aasimar are an effective character level (ECL) +1 race, meaning they are considered 1 level higher than an ECL 0 race like humans with the same number of class levels. That was the tradeoff for having extra racial bonuses. DDO doesn't implement ECLs, of course, so when it came to drow (an ECL +2 race), they're considered an inherent 32-pt race due to extra stat bonuses. So clearly the way to implement Aasimar in DDO is to give them +2 CHA +2 WIS upfront, but deduct 2 build pts from them; i.e., Aasimar only get 26/30/32/34 stat pts to spend rather than usual 28/32/34/36.

*sits back, waits for minmaxer hate*

EDIT: of course, they didn't do that to Deep Gnomes, which are an ECL +3 race; instead they tweaked the stat bonuses/penalties to cancel out.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 10-04-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Aasimar are an effective character level (ECL) +1 race, meaning they are considered 1 level higher than an ECL 0 race like humans with the same number of class levels. That was the tradeoff for having extra racial bonuses. DDO doesn't implement ECLs, of course, so when it came to drow (an ECL +2 race), they're considered an inherent 32-pt race due to extra stat bonuses. So clearly the way to implement Aasimar in DDO is to give them +2 CHA +2 WIS upfront, but deduct 2 build pts from them; i.e., Aasimar only get 26/30/32/34 stat pts to spend rather than usual 28/32/34/36.

Actually, I'd prefer your implementation to theirs. Oh wait... I'm a casual player. I would still prefer your idea.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    hi cocomajobo, i do not like 1 thing about the aasimar...

what about this change i propose:

aasimar gets +2 baseline wisdom (and past life racial wisdom)

the bond perk gives either +2 strength or +2 charisma...

this way you can have a good aasimar with +2 wis +2 cha , and a fallen aasimar with +2 wis +2 str

this would make much more sense...
    I definitely second this. Or keep +1 wis/cha, but make the bond give +1 cha or *wis*. My monk has been waiting ages for a (non-iconic) wis race, and it only gives +1? Every stat but wis has +2 to that stat on at least 2 non-iconic races. Only deep gnome, an iconic race, has a bonus to wisdom. Let wisdom finally have its race. Please.

It was strongly implied that wis to-hit/dmg would be more widely available. As is, it's available to-hit with bows, or to-hit/dmg on a build that is at least half fvs, and only with your deity's weapon.
    Last edited by peng; 10-04-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post

EDIT: of course, they didn't do that to Deep Gnomes, which are an ECL +3 race; instead they tweaked the stat bonuses/penalties to cancel out.
    Dragonborn (not in 3.5 from what i remember) - +2 str, +2 cha, -2 Dex
    Drow (EL from 3.5, +2) - +2 dex, +2 int, +2 cha, -2 con

There's no reason for aasimar to have +1, +1 with the pact "feature" bumping str to +1 or cha to +2 (as long as you aren't a warlock).

No other race has +1 to a stat anywhere in the 3.5 official content for races iirc. No other ddo race has +1 to stats instead of an even +2.

You say that they essentially are +2 points ahead of everyone else, but in reality they are bad. I foretell their only use being sorcerers and maybe favored souls if they go charisma based.

They are supposed to be a boon to clerics, etc. but why would I ever take that instead of deep gnome that offers a +2 to my casting stat. O wait its because I need a +1 heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast