Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U36 Patch 3 Preview

Hello, all!

We are currently working towards putting together a Lamannia preview featuring some (but not all) of the changes planned to come to DDO in the near future. We currently expect it to be up at some point on Tuesday 10/3/2017 and to run until sometime on Thursday 10/5/2017. It is in the realm of possibility that this will be pushed and instead come up later in the week (likely Wednesday) and we'll let you know if that happens.

Assuming everything goes as expected (which is never a guarantee) this preview will be looking at the following features:

• Reincarnation: Improvements have been made to the reincarnation system to prevent loss of items while undergoing the process!
    • Ravenloft Expansion Features: Some of the features from the upcoming Ravenloft expansion are available for early preview!
    • Race: Aasimar: A new heroic Eberron race which will be available in all Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • Universal Enhancement Tree: Vistani Knife Fighter: A new universal enhancement tree which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • New Cosmetics: A variety of cosmetic outfits, helms, pets, and weapon aura's which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • Bug Fixes: A collection of bug fixes which will be coming in either U36 Patch 3 or in a small hotfix prior to the scheduled patch.

We will have more detailed release notes after we lock down the preview build candidate.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 10-02-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Hello, all!

We are currently working towards putting together a Lamannia preview featuring some (but not all) of the changes planned to come to DDO in the near future. We currently expect it to be up at some point on Tuesday 10/3/2017 and to run until sometime on Thursday 10/5/2017. It is in the realm of possibility that this will be pushed and instead come up later in the week (likely Wednesday) and we'll let you know if that happens.

Assuming everything goes as expected (which is never a guarantee) this preview will be looking at the following features:

• Reincarnation: Improvements have been made to the reincarnation system to prevent loss of items while undergoing the process!
    • Ravenloft Expansion Features: Some of the features from the upcoming Ravenloft expansion are available for early preview!
    • Race: Aasimar: A new heroic Eberron race which will be available in all Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • Universal Enhancement Tree: Vistani Knife Fighter: A new universal enhancement tree which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • New Cosmetics: A variety of cosmetic outfits, helms, pets, and weapon aura's which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles.
    • Bug Fixes: A collection of bug fixes which will be coming in either U36 Patch 3 or in a small hotfix prior to the scheduled patch.

We will have more detailed release notes after we lock down the preview build candidate.
    Could you look at reworking the cosmetic system so that it mirrors the cuti-pet system, instead of all these cosmetics taking up separate valuable inventory and storage slots.

Instead of adding more inventory hogging cosmetics, let us accumulate cosmetics in an account accessible inventory closet tab.
    Our inventory system is inadequate and failing to meet the needs of todays players, it is becoming a growing problem being able to store things that we are collecting.

don't get me wrong I enjoy the cosmetics and I buy them.. I just have issue with storing them.. the system can be so much better than it is... the effort was made for the cuti-pets.. why not cosmetics.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...storage-revamp
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-02-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Very, very glad to see something in the notes about the reincarnation bug.

Will we be able to see any of these improvements, or is it just changes to the code behind the scenes?

Thanks.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Hello, all!

Has there been a character database wipe? I am Also seeing a consistent pattern with these previews as they all seem to be Tues-Thurs, Is this set in stone?
    Last edited by thomascoolone64; 10-02-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    don't get me wrong I enjoy the cosmetics and I buy them... cuti-pets...
    cuti-pets...
    cutie-pets? cutty-pets?

Me thinks those who are fighting for a separate storage space for cosmetics are starting to collect too many cosmetics.

I'm seeing more cosmetics taking up space in my own inventory and wouldn't be against a separate storage area. Secretly however I think SSGs perspective would be instead of setting aside dev time for separate cosmetic storage, people who have a little extra for cosmetics will have a little extra for moar storage...

The game within the game within the game...
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Good news then wife and i are about to Tr our main 'toons. We have really been holding off. Till we saw something is going to be done. Hopefully, it will resolve the problem. Crossing fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms, hair, ect

i know sev discussed mimic changes.

are any of them planned for this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i know sev discussed mimic changes.

are any of them planned for this patch?
    No. We are hoping to get a hotfix out that will include some mimic festival changes before U36 Patch 3 hits live. More info soon.

Is there any possibility that those of use that have not been able to get into the game after the latest updates will be able to get into the this round or not?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Hello, all!

Awesome! Do we have some repro steps for the reincarnation bug? Even if there are multiple scenarios. This way we an coordinate validations.

Instead of adding more inventory hogging cosmetics, let us accumulate cosmetics in an account accessible inventory closet tab.
    Our inventory system is inadequate and failing to meet the needs of todays players, it is becoming a growing problem being able to store things that we are collecting.

don't get me wrong I enjoy the cosmetics and I buy them.. I just have issue with storing them.. the system can be so much better than it is... the effort was made for the cuti-pets.. why not cosmetics.

Same here ... I'm not shy to spend on the cosmetics, but won't do so if it means cramping my storage space even more.

People have been asking for new cosmetics for years to get as in-game rewards for difficult content and you gate them behind real money? And not even in every bundle, which probably means 50+ dollars?

What a fail.
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Hello, all!

[/INDENT]

Will the cosmetics be BTA wearable by everyone, or is it going to be like the Stormhorns Bladeforged cosmetic pack where you first have to become a Bladeforged and get the onetime drop BTC cosmetics that is racially exclusive adding more unusable cosmetics to each character that does a ITR Bladeforged life across the account wasting more individual character inventory space for every future life that is not racially aligned.

Bladforged Armor kit and DDO Store/Gold Roll Blue Eyes perhaps...
    The Grand Bladeforged frame was a Pre-order bonus for purchasing the Shadowfell Conspiracy bundle.
    Not sure why it is showing as BTC now... I was sure it said it was BTA when I bought the expansion.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadowfell_Conspiracy

Last edited by JOTMON; 10-03-2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Hello, all!

Is that all right? crazy! so will we have Aasimar before ravenloft? it looks strange to me, the Vistani Knife Fighter is curious to know what it is ... but can you already test this or just a simple preview?
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Will Aasimar be purchasable for TP?
    Or will people have to pay cash money for Ravenloft in order to get their Racial Completionist?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Awesome! Do we have some repro steps for the reincarnation bug? Even if there are multiple scenarios. This way we an coordinate validations.
    Unfortunately, there aren't repro steps for reincarnation issues reported. The changes we are making are intended to bulletproof the process, so to speak.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Unfortunately, there aren't repro steps for reincarnation issues reported. The changes we are making are intended to bulletproof the process, so to speak.
    Is the preview still scheduled for today and any ETA?

Could you look at reworking the cosmetic system so that it mirrors the cuti-pet system, instead of all these cosmetics taking up separate valuable inventory and storage slots.

This feature request is out of scope for either U36 Patch 3 or the upcoming expansion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Very, very glad to see something in the notes about the reincarnation bug.

Will we be able to see any of these improvements, or is it just changes to the code behind the scenes?

Thanks.
    To my knowledge, the majority of the reincarnation work should be undetectable by players. As far as the front facing is concerned, it should just now work without the risk of items not making it to your TR cache.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoolone64 View Post
    Has there been a character database wipe? I am Also seeing a consistent pattern with these previews as they all seem to be Tues-Thurs, Is this set in stone?
    There will always be a character wipe before a preview unless otherwise stated. Yes, Tuesday-Thursday is our current preferred preview schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    Is there any possibility that those of use that have not been able to get into the game after the latest updates will be able to get into the this round or not?
    To my knowledge, currently work to resolve that issue has not been completed and I do not have a timeline on when it will be.

Will the cosmetics be BTA wearable by everyone, or is it going to be like the Stormhorns Bladeforged cosmetic pack where you first have to become a Bladeforged and get the onetime drop BTC cosmetics that is racially exclusive adding more unusable cosmetics to each character that does a ITR Bladeforged life across the account wasting more individual character inventory space for every future life that is not racially aligned.
    To my knowledge, the cosmetics are BTA.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Will Aasimar be purchasable for TP?
    Or will people have to pay cash money for Ravenloft in order to get their Racial Completionist?
    This preview is an in game functionality and visuals preview. More information on pricing, bundles, and features of the Mists of Ravenloft expansion will be coming soon and announced in a more formal setting than a forums reply.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Hello,

Aasimar, I was hoping for Kalishtar, but considering the plane we'll be in w/ ravenloft Assimar makes sense. Now if we take the D&D knife thrower and couple that w/ Aasimar. Interesting choice, and a pretty darn good one.

Expect some people clamoring about the new tree w/ all thrower & ranged. I can smell the napalm burning already.

How about an "I want thread" from you to see what the community wants from the SSG Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Is the preview still scheduled for today and any ETA?
    It is still scheduled for today, yes. No ETA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast