Community Member

Default Mechanic enhancement __Thunderstone__ BUGGED????

Mechanic enhancement __Thunderstone__ BUGGED????

Would some please check to see if Thunderstone is getting the bonus of Ranged Spell Power as stated in-game and on the Wiki?

I have 46 Ranged power and for Thunderstone I am not getting anymore damage then the base damage : (

For Tanglefoot and Ooze Flask I am seeing the increased damage however.

Also the DDOWiki lists Ooze Flask as Melee Power….. I think this is a typo and it should be listed as Ranged Power since I only have 4 Melee power.
    The in-game mouse over of Ooze Flask does not list anything : (

Another thing maybe rename the misleading Daze effect of Thunderstone to Blinded?
    Thanks

Community Member

Anyone able to test this to see if this is a Bug or just me?

It has never, ever actually worked. Stun part does not work, damage part does not work and DC part does not work.

Just don't take it, and save your points. Seriously. Use traps or maybe rune stones instead, if you have to.

Community Member

Default Thunderstone__ NOT WAI : (

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    It has never, ever actually worked. Stun part does not work, damage part does not work and DC part does not work.

Just don't take it, and save your points. Seriously. Use traps or maybe rune stones instead, if you have to.

/sigh…. I do this somewhat disheartening : (

In our next Campaign, out of our Group, I was to be the Mechanic and now I read that at least one other person is reporting Thunderstone as not Working as it should.

I will send in a Bug Report and maybe / with luck this could be addressed before we are ready to play said Campaign.

Then I still think that the description should be changed from “Daze” to “Blind” though.
    Wishing… Lynnabel was still there as it seems that she was able to address quick fixes like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    /sigh…. I do this somewhat disheartening : (

In our next Campaign, out of our Group, I was to be the Mechanic and now I read that at least one other person is reporting Thunderstone as not Working as it should.

I will send in a Bug Report and maybe / with luck this could be addressed before we are ready to play said Campaign.

Then I still think that the description should be changed from “Daze” to “Blind” though.
    Wishing… Lynnabel was still there as it seems that she was able to address quick fixes like that.
    The blind is actually better imo unless it were to work like color spray and the daze is a stun. I used it for low to mid heroics and then dropped it, especially after getting IPS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    The blind is actually better imo unless it were to work like color spray and the daze is a stun. I used it for low to mid heroics and then dropped it, especially after getting IPS.
    I agree….. I LIKE the Blind effect….. just would like the description / wording changed from “Daze” to “Blind” for reference.

What tipped me off that the Damage is not scaling with Ranged Power was that I did testing with Archer's Focus for this next build. Since I am going to use Archer's Focus I will not be getting Improved Precise Shot.

Again, all I can hope for is that SSG will read this and or the Bug Report and make Thunderstone work as it reads.

Community Member

Default Bug reports sent

Bug report 24238 sent in for the renaming of Daze to Blind.

Bug report 24237 sent in for the Range Power not adding to the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    I agree….. I LIKE the Blind effect….. just would like the description / wording changed from “Daze” to “Blind” for reference.

What tipped me off that the Damage is not scaling with Ranged Power was that I did testing with Archer's Focus for this next build. Since I am going to use Archer's Focus I will not be getting Improved Precise Shot.

Again, all I can hope for is that SSG will read this and or the Bug Report and make Thunderstone work as it reads.
    Yes would be nice if they'd just rename it at least. If you plan on running solo stuff at all ... IPS imo is needed, especially in the new quests that are mid-high heroics since there are a lot of groups of mobs ... if you only run in a group and static group being better, than you can get away without IPS ... but it's really the only AOE a rogue has outside of time bomb and certain CC magical traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Yes would be nice if they'd just rename it at least. If you plan on running solo stuff at all ... IPS imo is needed, especially in the new quests that are mid-high heroics since there are a lot of groups of mobs ... if you only run in a group and static group being better, than you can get away without IPS ... but it's really the only AOE a rogue has outside of time bomb and certain CC magical traps.
    BUMP

I also vote to KEEP the blind, and rename it.

Community Member

Unhappy Still same issue as of 5-8-18 : (

Going to close this follow-up out on my end.

I can only assume that nothing is going to be done to address this and that SSG is stretched too thin, so to speak, to have the time to comment if this WAI or a Bug.

As of 5-8-18 the above is still true in-game.

they did fix the workaround for it tho. Good job on that.

Community Member

Sorry…. I am confused by your statement… they have a “workaround”?

I checked again today….

The in-game tool tip is still listing a “Daze” : (

Then, maybe I am doing the math wrong, but the Damage, for me, is still NOT scaling with 200% Ranged Power as per the in-game tool tip : (

bump ... what do you mean?

Community Member

Default It Seems Thunderstone, Tanglefoot, and Ooze Flask scale with Spell Power

Apologies for the necro.

While the Thunderstone doesn't scale with ranged power, it does seem to scale with spellpower and critical. The spellpower/critical scaling also applies to Tanglefoot and Ooze Flask (which would be double dipping I suppose).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedoman96 View Post
    Apologies for the necro.

While the Thunderstone doesn't scale with ranged power, it does seem to scale with spellpower and critical. The spellpower/critical scaling also applies to Tanglefoot and Ooze Flask (which would be double dipping I suppose).
    No problem on my end with "necro's"

What are you equiping/unequiping to see this?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinoeWhines View Post
    No problem on my end with "necro's"

What are you equiping/unequiping to see this?
    I tested it on the test server, so take this with a grain of salt, but I tested Thunderstone using Legendary Solid Sound. For the Tanglefoot and the Ooze flask I used the Legendary I used the Legendary Acidic Sphere. For the Time Bomb I switched between the Solid Sound and Legendary Flame Sphere. What I found was that switching between Shiradi and another destiny didn't really affect Thunderstone (I was testing to see if the RP scaling was still bugged on it) but indeed increased the damage of the Tanglefoot and the Ooze Flask. I didn't see any difference for Time Bomb. When I swapped orbs, the spell power did increase the Thunderstone but had no effect on the time bomb aside from the spell critical component (it was always a static 1000 fire and sonic unless it crit for 2000; I'd have to see if crit damage bonuses such as those from Draconic Incarnation would apply to that). Swapping in the acid orb had quite an effect on the Tanglefoot and Ooze Flask, because of the double scaling. Without the orb and in Shiradi, I remember the highest I was hitting for was around 600-700 crits with the Ooze Flask. With the orb equipped, I was hitting for over 1,700. I never jotted down each of the values, but since the test server will be back up in a couple of days I can either jot down the values and post them here or take a video and post it here (this experiment was an afterthought because I was busy testing Stormrage at the time and kinda stumbled upon this). A test I can do right now, at least while the test server is down, is to make a DG that splashes some rogue level for the Ooze Flask and Tanglefoot and take him into Baudry's and swap in and out the Implement of Magic light hammer.

Community Member

Default This is the Testing on Live of the Ooze Flask and Tanglefoot

Ooze Flask testing is at the start and Tanglefoot testing begins at 3:25. For the Tanglefoot testing I threw in a few ooze flasks for the first demonstration to clear out the mobs that were already almost dead. Since Tanglefoot is a DoT, I figured that the best way to demonstrate a difference in damage would be to throw it on mobs that are at full health. The build for testing was a 12 Wiz/3 Rog Deep Gnome. I just used the preset path until I hit level 12 and then took rogue levels, so it's very quick to verify if one chooses to do so.

Edit: I'm posting the spellpower because it's harder to see here than it is when actually watching it on Youtube. The acid was 21 without the hammer and 108 with the hammer.
    Last edited by Tuxedoman96; 09-13-2020 at 08:06 PM.

18. 09-14-2020, 06:10 AM

Community Member

Default This is the Testing on Live of the Thunderstone

This test I conducted with a 12 Brd/3 Rog Tiefling Scoundrel. Similar to the Deep Gnome, I followed the path until level 12, then took 3 levels of rogue at the end. Spellpower may be hard to see in the video, so I'll post it here. Without the Scoundrel's Ring, my sonic spellpower was 30. With it equipped it went up to 112.

Community Member

Also, it's already known that Time Bomb crits with spell critical chance. It also benefits from spell critical multipliers, but considering that the max damage is 2000, I would say it isn't worth it (just interesting to note).