Community Member

Default When exactly is the anniversary?

Hi Im really looking forward to the anniversary event this year, and the sales that might come with it!

I dont recall when it was last year... is it the last week in Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by harmlesslarry View Post
    Hi Im really looking forward to the anniversary event this year, and the sales that might come with it!

I dont recall when it was last year... is it the last week in Feb?
    Not sure if they have offered any new timetables in the livestream, but going by the timing mentioned in the Producer's Letter, I would say the last week of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    At the end of February we will be celebrating the 11th anniversary of Dungeons and Dragons Online! We'll have special gifts, and the anniversary dungeon will be coming back for an encore. We are also working on Update 35, and hope to have it ready in that timeframe. It will debut several new adventures, a new raid, and a new playable race with the Dragonborn!
    It's an aggressive release schedule for both these items and all the new planned content afterward. Has anyone else heard differently from the schedule as laid out in the Producer's Letter?
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Traditionally, it's considered Feb 28, but practical concerns (weekends, launches, other conflicts) cause the celebration of that to vary a bit.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Special_even...#Anniversaries

I would like some sales too...

And a token for a cool old raid item again!

Can't lie...that token got me to play some old toons that I just didn't want to farm certain items for.

More toons=me spending more Points. (trying to talk them into giving me a free Sword of Shadows!)
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    It's an aggressive release schedule for both these items and all the new planned content afterward. Has anyone else heard differently from the schedule as laid out in the Producer's Letter?
    Cordovan said on Friday's livestream that they still think they can get update 35 out at the end of this month, or first week in march.

Community Manager

The formal date of the anniversary was determined to be February 28th, in that that was the day people could buy the boxes on store shelves. Technically, the game had a bit of a rolling start for several days leading up to it, with the head start on February 26th. We generally consider the anniversary patch to be relatively on time if it's released sometime between late February and early March.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default What's the plan for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The formal date of the anniversary was determined to be February 28th, in that that was the day people could buy the boxes on store shelves. Technically, the game had a bit of a rolling start for several days leading up to it, with the head start on February 26th. We generally consider the anniversary patch to be relatively on time if it's released sometime between late February and early March.
    guildies need to know.