Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Rune Arms: First thoughts

1. Hovering over the disjunction choice shows you what will be stripped away. This is a good thing. It would be better if it was always displayed.
    2. No extra slots (Mark of Cannith) for rune arms? Okay.
    3. The effects removed seems to be rather inconsistent
    Toven's Hammer: lose potency, except. fort (10%). Okay, makes some kind of sense.
    Coronach: loses...nothing.

Disciplinator (yes, I have one). Loses except. Fort. (10%), keeps smiting.
    Hand of the Tomb. Loses inherent fire resistance AND DISRUPTING!
    Come on guys, a little consistency and sanity. Disrupting is the entire point and function of the Hand. These should be treated the same way. Both are charge level 3, both are min level 9, both are +5 craftable. One loses a little, the other gets gutted.

Lucid Dreams. Loses potency, spell lore, Mind Drain, and Will Save -2
    Glorious Obscenity. Loses enhanced spot +5 and seeker +6. Keeps Mind Turbulence.
    So Lucid Dreams gets its liabilities (spell point penalty and will save penalty) removed. Glorious obscenity loses enhanced spot and keeps its liability (concentration penalty).

4. Rune arm reset. Text at the bottom of the page in the disjunct machine says that the rune arm can be reset to the original settings in the stone of change. Is that accurate. I couldn't figure out how to make that work. It would be good if it would undo the disjuncting to reduce the number of tickets from people who didn't pay attention to what was being removed.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Trap Station

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    1. Hovering over the disjunction choice shows you what will be stripped away. This is a good thing. It would be better if it was always displayed.
    Toven's Hammer: lose potency, except. fort (10%). Okay, makes some kind of sense.

Come on guys, a little consistency and sanity. Disrupting is the entire point and function of the Hand. These should be treated the same way. Both are charge level 3, both are min level 9, both are +5 craftable. One loses a little, the other gets gutted.

Glorious Obscenity. Loses enhanced spot +5 and seeker +6. Keeps Mind Turbulence.
    So Lucid Dreams gets its liabilities (spell point penalty and will save penalty) removed. Glorious obscenity loses enhanced spot and keeps its liability (concentration penalty).

4. Rune arm reset. Text at the bottom of the page in the disjunct machine says that the rune arm can be reset to the original settings in the stone of change. Is that accurate. I couldn't figure out how to make that work. It would be good if it would undo the disjuncting to reduce the number of tickets from people who didn't pay attention to what was being removed.
    In the current live system you have to use the Trap Station in House C and need Disjunction ingrediant to reset. Side note, you can take BtCoE arms and disjunct and make them unbound again when you strip them.

You might want to try the trap station on Lama and see what it does to the arms in the new system.

Treasure Hunter

Default Also

Also, TYVM for testing and trying, and typing it up and posting here. I don't Lama.

When you craft the rune arm goes to min level 1 and you can not put a min level shard on it.
    Plus some effects that you can put on it like Radiance and Insightful Radiance (both say trinket) do not show up when you try to add a trinket .
    Granted I would not mind Tovens at level 2 but the effects crafted on to it would not be worth it.
    We should also be allowed to craft on the epic rune arms at a cost of their augment slots.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In the current live system you have to use the Trap Station in House C and need Disjunction ingrediant to reset. Side note, you can take BtCoE arms and disjunct and make them unbound again when you strip them.

You might want to try the trap station on Lama and see what it does to the arms in the new system.
    Well I suggest exchanging all existing runearms at the trapmaking workstation period, unless you want things to stay the same - then all good.

I took a whole bunch of rune arms and put them through their paces. Essentially ANY runearm that is crafted should be first exchanged for a new one and THEN disjuncted.

PS - it is like minimum level 10 for the extra slot to become available IIRC - if that is wai.

Here are some images. Some old, some new, some crafted on. have fun!

PS those are just thumbnails... I was / am updating runearms in the wiki. please feel free to help.

here is a couple more:

Hand of the Tombs new.png

Animus new.png
    Uurlock

Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    PS those are just thumbnails... I was / am updating runearms in the wiki. please feel free to help.
    Thanks for doing this and sharing the screenies.

Also, I see the OP's concern here:

The Disruption gets removed. This effect is why the arm is relevent for me in Haunted Halls. I use it in there for the Disruption.

Here is the arm as it is now if you pull it:

I feel the the Disruption should stay on the arm.

I'm now worried about my others like the Disrupter as well. However, I do know you can put more powerful effects on the arms in the new system.

Will we be able to craft Disruption back onto the Hand of Tombs in the new system?

EDIT ~ I ask because Improved Disruption would be better, http://ddowiki.com/page/Disruption to craft on an arm. For added value, it would be great if we could craft a new Sovereign Disruption with a larger HP threshold for EE and LE content in the new system on rune arms.
    Last edited by Livmo; 08-31-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Chimera's Breath

It would be great to have an Epic version of Chinma's Breath (yes I've asked before). Will the free bastard sword feat be removed from this arm when keyed for crafting in the new system?

I made this one prepping for the change over.

Treasure Hunter

Default Last life for image comparisons

Here are 2 examples from last life I'll probably keep now. I can always make another Toven's, because I have enough parts to make 2-3 more.

Thanks for doing this and sharing the screenies.

Also, I see the OP's concern here:

The Disruption gets removed. This effect is why the arm is relevent for me in Haunted Halls. I use it in there for the Disruption.

Here is the arm as it is now if you pull it:

I feel the the Disruption should stay on the arm.

I'm now worried about my others like the Disrupter as well. However, I do know you can put more powerful effects on the arms in the new system.

Will we be able to craft Disruption back onto the Hand of Tombs in the new system?

EDIT ~ I ask because Improved Disruption would be better, http://ddowiki.com/page/Disruption to craft on an arm. For added value, it would be great if we could craft a new Sovereign Disruption with a larger HP threshold for EE and LE content in the new system on rune arms.
    need to bug report that - because Animus and The Disciplinator both keep their special - so banishing and smiting... it has to be a bug.

personally - the rune arm is a perfect place to stick lore and spell power and insightful spell power that is relevant for that rune arm... for the most part (except for bracers of wind) - arty's don't have enough slots.

and yw.... slowing going through the rune arms. maybe a Dev will send Uurlock a nice care package on Lamannia of all the rune arms in the game . still got a few to go through. Got Fire / Acid and Greater Fire / Acid store rune arms updated..

Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!

Well I suggest exchanging all existing runearms at the trapmaking workstation period, unless you want things to stay the same - then all good.

I took a whole bunch of rune arms and put them through their paces. Essentially ANY runearm that is crafted should be first exchanged for a new one and THEN disjuncted.

PS - it is like minimum level 10 for the extra slot to become available IIRC - if that is wai.
    Thanks for the info!

Also, I did some prepping to make sure I keep some set-ups that I like to use. I made sure to collect new rune arms to craft upon in the new system. This is another prepper arm as well:

Sadly I only have 1 Disciplinator, so I guess I'll leave that one be. I already have Masterful on it.

Treasure Hunter

Default Plese and Thanks!

need to bug report that - because Animus and The Disciplinator both keep their special - so banishing and smiting... it has to be a bug.

personally - the rune arm is a perfect place to stick lore and spell power and insightful spell power that is relevant for that rune arm... for hte most part (except for bracers of wind) - arty's don't have enough slots.

and yw.... slowing going through the runearms. maybe a Dev will send Uurlock a nice care package on Lamannia of all the runearms in the game . still got a few to go through. Got Fire / Acid and Greater Fire / Acid store rune arms updated..
    I know the powers that be already read allot of the general forum posts.

If you are still running a Council thread or chat on crafting/rune arm crafting, then I recomend that you link that post in it with some context, or bug report. I liked to put posts from the main forum on the Council forums like this for consideration. Never did one of my own, but I would certainly post ones that were relevent, meaningful, and pertinent to the thread or topic at hand.

Of course you don't have to, but I know I would greatly appreciate it if you mentioned vms4ever's post and stuff like the Hand of Tombs. Rune arms in general can use a pass, but we don't want to lose what makes some of them special.

I know the powers that be already read allot of the general forum posts.

If you are still running a Council thread or chat on crafting/rune arm crafting, then I recomend that you link that post in it with some context, or bug report. I liked to put posts from the main forum on the Council forums like this for consideration. Never did one of my own, but I would certainly post ones that were relevent, meaningful, and pertinent to the thread or topic at hand.

Of course you don't have to, but I know I would greatly appreciate it if you mentioned vms4ever's post and stuff like the Hand of Tombs. Rune arms in general can use a pass, but we don't want to lose what makes some of them special.
    I would have nothing to say about the PC forums, except that perhaps the powers that be must be tired of reading my posts, if I post, in that mythical land.

Next time I log onto Lamannia (tomorrow sometime) I will also bug report it. I know that +Cocomajobo and others read those reports, and that from what +Cocomajobo has said elsewhere, there are far too few bug reports made.

Uurlock plans on using a LR+1 wood next life to do a Smurfy 18 Rogue 2 Arty iconic life.. so yes, runearms (and cannith challenge gear AND cannith crafted items) are an interest to me.... if you couldn't tell from this thread
    The Tale of Three Forks – the Spoon Interjection Interaction

Really Rune Arms are getting a slight pass IMHO - being able to craft real - Scalable effects without making them +20 to their minimum level is worth the loss of MCI and dropping the ML - at least to me.

Yes, would be nice to see some epic versions... at least epic crafted versions... maybe even if just ml:26 Major xxx Rune Arms in the store..

Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

Yeah, they dropped the ball on Runearms, badly. Here’s this new and improved crafting system that scales all the way to level 30!! Except for you Artificers, you can only craft to level 19!

They needed to scale the Imbue/Blast patterns, like all the other enchantments. Then allow us to pop in a Minimum level shard, plus whatever we want. For the special Runearms, allow us to keep the unique effects, but slap an absolute minimum level on the runearm. (Like armors currently do.)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

I hate this "solution" and I hope they revisit runearms in a future arty pass.

So, was the missing charging sound corrected on Lammania, guys?

(Soon artificers will be so much forsaken as monks were)

Treasure Hunter

Default I know

Quote Originally Posted by Arkai View Post
    I hate this "solution" and I hope they revisit runearms in a future arty pass.

So, was the missing charging sound corrected on Lammania, guys?

(Soon artificers will be so much forsaken as monks were)
    Its been stated publically more than once that DDO feels arties are still too OP in heroic levels, so it's OK they languish at epics post L20 for the nearterm. However, Steelstar has put in extra time on his own to try and help us arty folk not get left too far behind. No Worries is a good fellow. I'm confident he'll do what he can when and where he is able to as well to help arties. Of course time = money. Money is a very limited resource. Workin on X, means not working Y, Z, etc. Competing priorities and limited resources. Yikes!

The run arms need a pass to keep up with new random loot, LGS, and CC.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Yeah, they dropped the ball on Runearms, badly. Here’s this new and improved crafting system that scales all the way to level 30!! Except for you Artificers, you can only craft to level 19!

They needed to scale the Imbue/Blast patterns, like all the other enchantments. Then allow us to pop in a Minimum level shard, plus whatever we want. For the special Runearms, allow us to keep the unique effects, but slap an absolute minimum level on the runearm. (Like armors currently do.)
    I feel they should do a pass on rune arms once they get to the arty class at some point. It's allot of work to do these balance passes. At least monk and FvS will be next-ish. Hopefully they'll get to us arties before the game goes away someday.

Bug #24027-122961
    Thanks!

Also the sub-forum is not a secret.

Its been stated pub
    Yes, you are right, but SIX MONTHS for a missing sound file is a complete joke.

Its been stated publically more than once that DDO feels arties are still too OP in heroic levels, so it's OK they languish at epics post L20 for the nearterm. However, Steelstar has put in extra time on his own to try and help us arty folk not get left too far behind. No Worries is a good fellow. I'm confident he'll do what he can when and where he is able to as well to help arties. Of course time = money. Money is a very limited resource. Workin on X, means not working Y, Z, etc. Competing priorities and limited resources. Yikes!

The run arms need a pass to keep up with new random loot, LGS, and CC.

I feel they should do a pass on rune arms once they get to the arty class at some point. It's allot of work to do these balance passes. At least monk and FvS will be next-ish. Hopefully they'll get to us arties before the game goes away someday.

Thanks!

Also the sub-forum is not a secret.
    Agree. I like Arties, even with the continuous *plink* *plink* *ploink* :P

Agree - hopefully the will introduce new higher level rune arms that can be crafted upon once U32 lands; I know that they really considered allowing crafting on 'named' items a mistake, caused too many headaches and consumed too much resources to fix, and too many bugs / 'features'. Now with the updated cannith crafting it might be feasible, but I'd expect the Dev team to be extremely cautious before sticking more than a toe in the water.

Agree.... but the cannith crafting pass *should* do much to help runearms. Just being able to add lore/spell power appropriate to the rune arm (if not electrical, since IMHO all Arties should already be slotting in Lightning Lore and Magnetism and Evocation Focus; that is providing they fix the issues with Hand of the Tomb etc.

Hypothetically speaking - even if it does, I probably couldn't comment on its existence, let alone its content. :P

World Designer

Extra effects are only for ML10+, this is true of Random Loot and Crafted Loot.

Text adjusted to say Device Workstation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast