Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

Default Update 32 Trap Making

Since Essences are being changed are they changing rogue trap making? Rogue elemental traps require lesser essences to make.

My current understanding of our plans for U32 is that trapmaking will remain largely unchanged. The recipes simply have the essences required replaced by new Cannith Essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    My current understanding of our plans for U32 is that trapmaking will remain largely unchanged. The recipes simply have the essences required replaced by new Cannith Essences.
    Will the revised trapmaking be included in the next build of Lamannia? I want to update the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Will the revised trapmaking be included in the next build of Lamannia? I want to update the wiki.
    Unless something breaks between now and then, yes.

Unless something breaks between now and then, yes.

and thank you for the information (subject to change, and the whims of Kobolds and Deities and Snow)

*Whew*

Two "traps" posts pop up in Dev Tracker, I'm thinking bad thoughts. But all good.

Could maybe use a few more options on the 'Magical Trap' side of things, but am patient.

edit:

*chuckle* Gotta "spread myself around" some first...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    *Whew*

Two "traps" posts pop up in Dev Tracker, I'm thinking bad thoughts. But all good.

Could maybe use a few more options on the 'Magical Trap' side of things, but am patient.

edit:

*chuckle* Gotta "spread myself around" some first...
    Spread the Love!

Yes, I would love a

Dim Door trap - that automatically dimension doors the monsters in a 30' diameter to the beginning of the quest. Requires successful UMD check to craft, and consumes one scroll of dimension door and a potion of #$@y results (oops - wonder).

Summon Monster trap - when tripped, summons monster with neutral aggro - will attack ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the area the trap was set. Requires successful UMD check to craft, Monster gains additional bonuses for higher disable device skills and at higher disable device multiples can be summoned. Consumes one scroll of Summon Monster (I-IX), the level determines creature summoned, and one potion of *&@^^% results (oops - wonder). Duration once tripped is 3 minutes.

Blade Barrier Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Acid Fog Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Symbol Trap (Blindness, Persuasion, Death) (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Power Word Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Meteor Swarm Trap

Niac's Dot Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder) - every other tick one additional stack is placed on.

Stoner Trap... oops. Flesh-to-Stone (and stone-to-flesh) trap... DC set by DD skill. (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

DOH! Flaming Sphere Trap! Almost forgot it! (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Trap the Soul (AoE). (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

etc.

Spread the Love!

Yes, I would love a

Dim Door trap - that automatically dimension doors the monsters in a 30' diameter to the beginning of the quest. Requires successful UMD check to craft, and consumes one scroll of dimension door and a potion of #$@y results (oops - wonder).

Summon Monster trap - when tripped, summons monster with neutral aggro - will attack ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the area the trap was set. Requires successful UMD check to craft, Monster gains additional bonuses for higher disable device skills and at higher disable device multiples can be summoned. Consumes one scroll of Summon Monster (I-IX), the level determines creature summoned, and one potion of *&@^^% results (oops - wonder). Duration once tripped is 3 minutes.

Blade Barrier Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Acid Fog Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Symbol Trap (Blindness, Persuasion, Death) (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Power Word Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

Meteor Swarm Trap

Niac's Dot Trap (consumes scroll and potion of wonder) - every other tick one additional stack is placed on.

Stoner Trap... oops. Flesh-to-Stone (and stone-to-flesh) trap... DC set by DD skill. (consumes scroll and potion of wonder)

etc.
    flaming sphere trap!!!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

...but the costs will be changed since the new Cannith Essences require 5 Lesser Essences in the conversion, right? RIGHT?

aka the Anti-Piker Trap? Or the "Don't Come Late" Trap?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    ...but the costs will be changed since the new Cannith Essences require 5 Lesser Essences in the conversion, right? RIGHT?
    Right. =]

It's not a 1-1 ratio between old Lesser Essences and new Cannith Essences and the trapmaking recipes reflect that.

Community Manager

We're also aware that lesser essences are used in collar-making.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Thanks

Thanks for both the question and the responses. This is good information to have, especially where a feat is concerned.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Right. =]

It's not a 1-1 ratio between old Lesser Essences and new Cannith Essences and the trapmaking recipes reflect that.
    sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're also aware that lesser essences are used in collar-making.
    sweet(er)!

What about runestones? All of the existing runestone recipes required lesser as well. Hopefully there are also higher level versions as well.

What about runestones? All of the existing runestone recipes required lesser as well. Hopefully there are also higher level versions as well.
    Runestone recipes will be in the next Lammania build. I do not, however, believe their costs are set correctly yet.

Runestone recipes will be in the next Lammania build. I do not, however, believe their costs are set correctly yet.
    Thank you for the information! Runestones are one of the most underutilized awesome features of CC IMHO.