Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Hatchery

Default Comprehensive DC breakdown for all classes

This will break down the DC for every class and school (that matters). It makes some assumptions:
    -Character is going for maximum DC's in that specific school. If you are not, reduce appropriately.
    -Character is in the destiny which would provide maximum DC's. For WIS/CHA-casters this is Exalted Angel, and for INT-casters it is Magister/Draconic.

And some omissions:
    -No unsustainable or unreliable buffs such as House D pots, Bard Songs (unless the caster is a bard), cookies, Joy of the Queen, etc.
    -No Archmage wizard. I don't believe they actually gain any DC over Palemaster due to Lich-form and Harper Agent
    -No multiclasses. Yes some builds can have slightly higher DC's, like 17Drd/3Brd or Monk Splash FvS, but that's just too complicated if we're trying to be comprehensive. Figure those builds out for yourself.

All sources of stat/DC are available in this spreadsheet. I encourage everyone to point out any mistakes I have made or things I have forgotten. I'm sure there's some, but I believe the errors are limited.

HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET FOR ALL MAXIMUM CASTER DC'S AT ALL LEVELS.

This image provides at-a-glance maximum DCs at a variety of levels.

Checklist for DC casters:

Build
    20 starting (CHA: Drow, Dragonborn. INT: Drow, Gnome, Deep Gnome, Sun Elf. WIS: Deep Gnome)
    All level up increases into your casting stat
    Tome

Feats and Twists
    Arcane Initiate (Wizard Past life, purchased)
    Spell Focus [school]
    Greater Spell Focus [school]
    Epic Spell Focus [school]
    Heighten Spell
    Embolden Spell (does not apply to all spells, mostly evocations like Greater Shout and Burst of Glacial Wrath)
    Scion of Air, Earth, Feywild, or Shadowfell
    Bardic Dilettante Purchased past life feat (enchantment only)

Magister Tier 2
    Draconic Tier 2 (Evocation/Conjuration only)

Buffs
    Ship buffs (+2 stat and +1 DC amenities)
    Yugo pot (75 Yugo favor to unlock vendor)
    Stacking (Remnant turn-in potion)

Past lives
    Racial past lives (CHA: Half-Elf and Dragonborn. INT: Gnome and Drow. WIS: Human. Two lives needed per race)
    Racial completionist (complete thirty racial past lives, 3x in each)
    Completionist (complete one heroic life on every class)
    Epic Completionist (unlocks additional twist, proxy +1 to your casting stat)

Cleric past life 3x (Conuration)
    Sorcerer past life 3x (Evocation)
    Deep Gnome past life 3x (Illusion)

Gear
    Enhancement bonus to stat (Cannith Crafted / lootgen until lvl28, then u36 items or Slavelord items)
    Insight bonus to stat (Cannith Crafted / lootgen, named u35 item for CHA at lvl28)
    Exceptional bonus to stat (augment starting at lvl20, Globe of True Imperial Blood, certain named items for lvl18 and 19)
    Quality bonus to stat (heroic slavelords, some named items, certain named items starting at lvl28 or Slavelords for +4)
    Profane bonus to stat (Executioner's Docent/Plate at lvl8, Litany of the Dead at 14, Epic Litany or ring from Black and Blue at 28)
    Artifact bonus to stat (Heroic and Legendary Slavelord Sorcery set)
    Reaper bonus to stat (named helms from reaper quests)

Alchemical bonus to stat (WIS only) (Alchemical / House C raid crafting)

Equipment bonus to DC (Cannith Crafting, named items)
    Insight bonus to DC (Cannith Crafting, named items)
    Quality bonus to DC (Heoric or Legendary Spinneret, Mutilator of Minds, other named items)
    Artifact bonus to DC (Heroic and Legendary Slavelord Sorcery set

Profane bonus to DC (Thunderforged Armor)
    Exceptional bonus to DC (Thunderforged 2-handed item) (not included in spreadsheet)

Festive bonus to stat (INT, WIS only) (Night Revels Augment, buy from other players)
    Enhancement bonus to DC (Yellow augment, from The Twelve (+1) or Gianthold (+2))

Additional sources of DC:

All casters can benefit from Epic Deific Diadem, for +2 to all DC's. But, it interacts with different classes differently. Pale Masters can easily keep the bonus at +2 with Death Aura ticks, but a Druid who casts, say, Earthquake and then Storm of Vengeance, what bonus they have will be impossible to predict. Consider at your own discretion. Furthermore, it conflicts with a Reaper bonus hat, unless you have crazy luck and get a Reaper version of the Diadem.

Assuming two Epic feats are reserved for Epic Spell Focus and Embolden spell, Epic Stat and Stat Twists can give up to +7 to one stat. However, you will probably spend most of those points in other areas (e.g. Evocation/Conurjuation casters already have a twist reserved for tier2 Draconic). For ballpark figures, Wizard can normally afford +4 INT from these sources, and other classes will get +2 or +3 to their stats.

LGS tier3 gives +2 Exceptional to a stat, resulting in +1 over Globe of Blood, which could give +1 all DCs if this bumps you to an even score.

All casters, except Bard where it is already counted, can get +2 to DC's with Inspire Excellence and Spell Song Trance from a Bardic party member.

Arcane Archer tree comes with +4 to Enchantment DC's. Only Wizard has access to this though, through the Sun Elf AA tree. I don't know if there are enough points to invest very far into it.

Debuffs:
    Not a complete list, but these are some useful ones.

No-save, AoE abilities:

-With Aura of Menace, FvS get effectively +2 to all DC's, passively, making up the difference between them and Cleric.
    -With Mantle of the Icy Soul, Druid effectively gets +4 to DC's that target Fort and Ref on anything hit by their Cold spells.
    -Druids also get Autumnal Susurrus, giving their Acid, Electric, and Negative spells a 40% chance to apply the shaken condition, which is -2 to saves. Storm of Vengeance and Call Lightning Storm are notable two AoE spells that can trigger it.
    -By stacking Solid Fog and Waves of Exhaustion, Wiz and Sorc can debuff reflex saves by 7.
    -Crushing Despair reduces will save by 5, even if mob makes it saves. Other spells like Hypnotism have a similar effect
    -Bard's Insult from Swashbuckler reduces saves of a choice by 3
    -Warlock's Taint the Blood from Soul Eater reduces fort saves by 4, after attacking a mob four times

No-save, single-target abilities;

-Exalted Angel's Shadows Upon You can provide up to -12 to saves. SUY -> Wizard PL Magic Missiles -> Finger/Destruct is efficient
    -Magister's Spell School Augment gives 15% chance for Conj/Evoc | Enchant/Illu | Necro/Trans spells to lower Ref | Will | Fort saves by 5
    -Energy Drain effectively gives -4d4 to saves. Enervation 2d4.

Save-based, AoE abilities:
    -Crushing Despair gives another -2 if a mob fails its save against it
    -Symbol of Pain gives -4 to saves if a mob fails its save against it
    -Mind Fog gives -10 will saves if a mob fails its save against it

Save-based, single-target abilities:
    -Inflict Curse gives -4 to saves

Secondary schools/build variance:

It is not possible to get these DC's in two schools at once. A secondary school will have a much lower DC. Furthermore, you may have to invest at least a little bit into spell pen, which could lower your DC's.

If you are not maxing a school, you will lose up to:
    -3 from Magister tier2
    -3 from 3x Spell Focus feats
    -2 from appropriate legendary feat
    -2 additionally if you do not have any of Scion of Earth, Air, Feywild, or Shadowfell

-3 for Illusion, if you use a race other than Gnome/Deep Gnome
    -3 for CHA Evocation casters if they are not Dragonborn
    -2 for Evo/Conj, from Draconic tier2
    -1 for Enchantment, Bard PL feat
    -1 additionally from Enchant if you're saving AP from racial Drow/Sun Elf tree

You will also lose more if your class provides DC through a multi-selector, such as cleric (who must choose +2 necro, +2 evoc, or +1 each).

It's also entirely possible that you will not be able to fit in all the DC-boosting equipment for a secondary school, or you will do something like not wear Thunderforged armor in favor of something that gives bonuses in other areas.

Obviously these all depend on your personal build choices. Also I assume a +7 tome which many people don't have. +5 is readily obtainable, though grindy, through 5k favor reward.

DC boosts:
    For WIS/CHA casters, Exalted Angel's Ascendance ability gives an unlisted +2 to WIS and CHA, for +1 to DC's. Ascendance lasts two minutes and has a five minute cooldown, a respectable 40% uptime.

Arcane Insight gives +6 to DC's for 30 seconds. Three minute cooldown.

Magister can boost DC's by +5 for 20 seconds, but this only applies to INT casters. Five minute cooldown.

For Warlocks, the first core in Tainted Scholar gives +2 DC's for 20 seconds. One minute cooldown.

Harper Agent Tier5 has a passive +1 to all DC's, and also comes with 10 seconds of +10 to DC's. But it has a five minute cooldown, and conflicts with class trees.

Furry of the Wild's Acute Instincts gives +2 WIS, but requires drinking a Rage potion. This boost can be sustained indefinitely. It is already counted in the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 08-06-2017 at 02:48 PM.

The Hatchery

Other DCs:

Assassinate spreadsheet

Assassinate checklist:

Stat:
    Racial past lives (INT: Gnome and Drow. DEX: Halfling and Elf.)
    Tome
    Level ups
    Race (INT: Drow, Gnome, Deep Gnome, Sun Elf. DEX: Elf, Halfling, Drow.)
    Enhancement (Cannith Crafted until lvl28, then Slavelord item)
    Insight (Cannith Crafted / lootgen)
    Quality (heroic slavelords, some named items, certain named items starting at lvl28 or Slavelords for +4)
    Exceptional (augment starting at lvl20, Globe of True Imperial Blood, certain items for lvl18 and 19)
    Profane (Litany of the Dead at 14, Epic Litany or ring from Black and Blue at 28)
    Artifact (Heroic and Legendary Slavelord Sorcery set)
    Reaper (named helms from reaper quests)

Guild (ship buffs)
    Yugo (Yugoloth Favor)
    Stacking (Remnant turn-in potion)
    Completionist (feat)

Festive Augement (INT only) (Night Revels, buy from other players)

DC:

Equipment Bonus (Cannith Crafted, then Legendary Bracers of the Hidden Blade)
    Insightful (Cannith Crafted)
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 06-27-2017 at 10:37 PM.

thanks for that list mate, really appreciate the effort. +1

Could you please make download available? Thanks!
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 02-15-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post

Could you please make download available? Thanks!
    I don't believe that option has been disabled.

The Hatchery

Added spell pen breakdown.

I was wrong in the breakdown for CHA. You can't take +2 CHA from harper, +2 racial CHA, +2/capstone from your main tree and then +1 from a secondary class tree, but you are able to take +2 CHA from a second class tree and only 7 AP for +1 CHA from harper. Final CHA score is unchanged. Warlock notably gets +1 Ench/Necro/Illu DC from this as there was a +1 DC's to those in Soul Eater that I missed.

Wizard can also do stuff in Archmage and take some INT out of Harper, but I don't think they gain a net increase to DC's. I'd like someone to verify.
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 02-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Q,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

On the spreadsheet, I see 9 points of INT in the Stat Exclusive section. You Total out of the previous section at 73 INT and are ending with 84 INT. Am I missing a line or should this be a total of 82 INT? And then 90 INT for wizard at the end of that page?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Q,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

On the spreadsheet, I see 9 points of INT in the Stat Exclusive section. You Total out of the previous section at 73 INT and are ending with 84 INT. Am I missing a line or should this be a total of 82 INT? And then 90 INT for wizard at the end of that page?
    You are correct, thanks for catching that.

The Hatchery

Added a third table. This is maximum, typical DC's for each class, including Completionist, some stats twists, Diadem, debuffs, and all that good stuff.

Started non-caster category, with Assassinate DC.

Added Artificer. This includes the upcoming u30 tweaks. Max-DC is actually viable due to INT-to-damage and the number of feats they get.

9. 02-17-2016, 10:58 PM

The Hatchery

With the FvS debuff aura for -2 saves, Druid -6 saves from Mantle of Icy Soul and Susurrus, Bard songs for +2 DC's, Bard Insult for -3 saves, and Warlock Taint the Blood for -4 saves, and a max-Necro DC Wizard, a party of casters can reliably FoD one LE Shroud mob, provided they also use Energy Drain on it twice.

I don't see you have the +2 wis on Acute Instincts (Fury of the Wild) when raged anywhere on here. Since it just requires drinking a rage pot, it's pretty nice.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I don't see you have the +2 wis on Acute Instincts (Fury of the Wild) when raged anywhere on here. Since it just requires drinking a rage pot, it's pretty nice.
    lol what the hell was +2 WIS doing hiding in Fury.

Thanks for pointing that. Twists getting really tight for WIS Evokers though... Magister +3, Draconic +2 and now one from Fury for max DC's.

The Hatchery

I broke down the max DC for Barb Visage of Terror and it appears to be a max of 69, 72 with Ravager debuffs, 73 with Completionist. Breakdown on spreadsheet. Anyone want to confirm? I don't know if Primal Scream stacks with Barb Rage, for example, never played a barb myself.

DC seems kinda junk but like if you're paired with an enchant-specced caster throwing around Crushing Depair with Magister Augment, it might actually land reliably in LE raids.

It also means Dwarf's Hands of Stone has a DC of 89/92/93, which is pretty good.

I noticed something that is ultimately inconsequential for your calculations. Arcane Archer provides a +4 to Enchantment DC's not a +3. That is all.

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Lots of good information here, thanks!
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Community Member

Just noticed that you are missing alchemical. That's +2 for wisdom based classes.

17. 03-05-2016, 04:38 AM

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Royalties View Post
    Just noticed that you are missing alchemical. That's +2 for wisdom based classes.
    mmm, perhaps, but all the WIS casters are using +2 exceptional on an LGS stick, because without it they would have an odd score after all the other bonuses, unlike INT/CHA casters. Since we need to use Epic Increased Potential for max DC's, using an Alchemical stick instead of LGS is only a +1 to WIS, and you would need to slot +15/+7 somewhere else. But you could get +1 DC's if you used an Alchemical stick and gave up some feat/twist for another +1 WIS.

It also means you cannot use great LGS effects, namely salt.

Kinda reminded of Devil's Gambit set... yeah theoretically this would be included in a max DC set-up, but what are you giving up for it?

The Hatchery

Assuming the school-specific quality boosts do not stack with Epic Increased Potential, U31 legendary loot gives:

+1 DC on Illusion
    +1 DC for INT casters with +4 Quality INT item (+1 over the current +3, I do not believe I have +2 LGS exceptional for INT casters so that's how you'd get your score back to even)

+1 DC on Evocation
    +1 DC for WIS casters with Quality WIS item (no changes needed, it's just straight up +2 over Halcyonia)

+2 DC for CHA casters with Quality CHA item (first Quality CHA source that's actually reasonable to fit in)

Also there is a significant boost to spellpower but I'm not gonna bother tallying it up.

I most likely will not get around to updating the OP with this cause I'm taking a break of indefinite length from DDO. Finals, Dark Souls 3, just plain tired of DDO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    I most likely will not get around to updating the OP with this cause I'm taking a break of indefinite length from DDO. Finals, Dark Souls 3, just plain tired of DDO, etc.
    you will be missed! take care, Quezuzu & thx for your contributions in my threads
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The Hatchery

The guide had been updated for u31. Things have also been rearranged and reformatted. To avoid confusion I did away with the "secondary" school thing, it's not hard to remember that these DC's can't all be achieved simultaneously.

I removed the non-caster section because it's too much of a headache to update that every time the game changes.

The Hatchery

Quick summary of boosts to DC through u32 loot:

We have the first source of +2 Quality Spell Focus that's not on an orb or a docent, so now the theoretical max DC build for any type of caster would also include a 2-handed TF weapon, as, when given the +150 Spellpower (or +100 USP) effect, it also gains +1 Exceptional bonus to all DC's, which is not found anywhere else. The staff has heavy competition though, so it may not be worth it unless you're solely focusing on max DC.

Through the five-piece slave lords set, we get a total of +5 to all DC's. I don't think this will be a particularly hard bonus to fit in, as the crafting system appears to be quite flexible and includes nearly everything you would want. At any rate, even if you can't fit in five pieces, you can still get +2 to DC's through the three-piece set.

For those of you (i.e. 99.99% of you) who have not yet found a lootgen +17/+8 attribute item, the +17 bonus is included in the slave lords crafting, and you'd only lose 1 point from your casting stat by instead using an LGS item which is only +7 insightful. So these bonuses are much easier to fit in.

We also gain a large jump in spell pen with an orb that gives +6 insightful spell pen, for a net gain of +4.

tl;dr +6 all DC's (+5 if you don't use TF 2-hander), +4 spell pen, easier to slot high-level attributes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast