Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Success!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I Updated just some “Security Preferences” in the Software Update, NOT the entire OS, and the store now works.

For those who this might help:

1. Open “Software Update.” This takes you to the App Store

IMPORTANT: Do not click the “Update” button. You do not need to update everything and go to a newer, sihttier version of the OS.

2. Now that the App store is open, and you are looking at the software update message, notice a tiny word that says “More” towards the end of the description below the title “Updates are available for your computer.” And I mean tiny, as in 5 pixels high. Click that, it won't install anything.

3. This should take you to a list of things things you can update individually, like “iTunes” or ”HP Printer Drivers.” One of them should be “Security Update” or similar verbage. I have since updated, so that choice is not there for me to show you. Click the “Software Update” choice.

4. You will then be asked to restart your computer.

This fixed my store.

I was running 10.8.5 before I started this, and I am still running 10.8.5.

Hope this helps.

Community Member

I was running 10.8.4 and didn't want to update just to be sure I didn't go past what you were using. I should have taken that next step and updated it!

I am glad you got it working. Hopefully Turbine can get their support scripts updated.

In case you were wondering why the store might have stopped working after being fine for so long, they replaced it entirely in a recent update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    I was running 10.8.4 and didn't want to update just to be sure I didn't go past what you were using. I should have taken that next step and updated it!

I am glad you got it working. Hopefully Turbine can get their support scripts updated.

In case you were wondering why the store might have stopped working after being fine for so long, they replaced it entirely in a recent update.
    The new store was also working for my machine after the update. Turbine must have changed something on their side last Friday, as I have changed nothing on my side until today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12