Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Finally got up to cap and have been running some mid-Reaper quests in a 5 person static group. Fully buffed in reaper (31 pts) without yugo pots, etc., I have around 4100hp. Tanked R6 through all the tiers of Ravenloft. Needed occasional healing help, especially when swarmed by a bunch of mobs with crowns. The Sentinel's Undying Vanguard was a lifesaver a few times. I'm no where near fully geared, although I have lots of good gear and rapidly getting more (advantage of a static group!). It's not all optimized yet and no legendary greensteel for the huge hp bonuses or the healing stick. I'm finding it more fun and survivable than previous melee tanks I've done. Harder to figure out gearing, but more fun to play.

One change I'm trying from the build is using light armor. I realize I'm dropping a little PRR/MRR, but I can easily cap out dodge with reaper points and pretty much any dodge item. Without anything special, I think I'm currently at 23 or 24 dodge (still wearing second tier shadow armor to keep the ghostly for the extra miss chance). I can't easily get it up to 30 or so like I could on some other builds without dropping healing twists that I'm not willing to do without. Given the really high damage at higher reaper levels, more complete misses seems a good trade-off for a little less PRR/MRR. Anyone else considered this or think this really isn't the best way to go?

Gratz ez charisma gear to farm is ravenlofts gloves off sunrise and boots off yester or berez those have ins 9 and ghostly

Armors Chain 1 has light w profanity or amber for med coat of the traveller

I usually layer it all max prr, mrr, absorbs, saves, resistances, ghostly, sdk pls for incorp

I tend to max the reaper saves, prr over the dodge just cuz the dodge cap is still broken if you are wearing armor
    Last edited by mr420247; 02-08-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Gratz ez charisma gear to farm is ravenlofts gloves off sunrise and boots off yester or berez those have ins 9 and ghostly

Armors Chain 1 has light w profanity or amber for med coat of the traveller

I usually layer it all max prr, mrr, absorbs, saves, resistances, ghostly, sdk pls for incorp

I tend to max the reaper saves, prr over the dodge just cuz the dodge cap is still broken if you are wearing armor
    I know the Coat, but what do you mean by Armors Chain 1? Also, what do you mean dodge cap is broken?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTN View Post
    I know the Coat, but what do you mean by Armors Chain 1? Also, what do you mean dodge cap is broken?
    He's saying the light armor drops in the first Ravenloft chain and that it's easy to max your dodge if you're wearing armor because of the max dex bonus cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    He's saying the light armor drops in the first Ravenloft chain and that it's easy to max your dodge if you're wearing armor because of the max dex bonus cap.
    Ah, I see! Yeah, I have the light armor and I have capped dodge. I switched a twist to get Lithe, so I think I'll have 28 max dodge (18 base + 2 guild buff + 2 reaper + 6 Lithe). I think that will make it worth it where I'm tank CC in my static group. Worst part of light armor is I'm capping my MRR at 100 (I'm 118 atm without maxed gear and in medium/uncapped MRR). PRR only loses 10.

Here's gear that I've worked out for tanking in my static group. DPS is covered by others, so I'm mostly about CC. Self healing is really important since we don't have a healer in the group, although we all watch each other. Running mostly R5-R6 these days. As I wrote above, I'm trying light armor for dodge. I think this gear covers most of what I need (and using DDOBuilder really helped me plan this). I'm dwarf for an eventual racial TR and have the hp enhancement taken. Rest of build is fairly close to original Voodu, including Fey. I have a little more than half the gear and only one piece is raid gear (and I don't have it), I think.

(all gear obviously legendary and I have enough pieces for the Mists set bonus)
    Armor: Mist-Laden Vestment
    Belt: Many-Pouched Belt of the Healer
    Boots: Softsole Slippers
    Bracers: Bracers of the Fallen Hero
    Cloak: Mantle of Fury
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Innate Arcanum
    Goggles: Feargaze
    Helmet: Drow Sage's Cowl
    Neck: Rose Quart Sigil Stone
    Ring: Spinneret
    Ring: Brazenband
    Trinket: Hands of the Dawn Healer
    Weapon: Morninglord's Sceptre (once I can make it, I'll probably swap back and forth with LGS hamp stick)
    Shield: Giant's Platter (I have Tireless Aid, but I feel like I take a lot more damage with it and the healing aspects aren't making up for it)
    Quiver: Don't have one worth using on this build; wish I had the run speed Abbot one

(I'll also be creating a more DPS oriented gearset for lower reaper runs and gear farming. The Bell of Warding will certainly be part of it and I'll want a better Radiance booster for sure.)

Current major weakness I see is the lack of hamp, which I'll fix with an LGS hamp stick once I can make one. The other is mobs where intim doesn't work, especially something like the Castle Sentinels where holding agro while dps beats it down can be helpful. Appreciate feedback if you see other weaknesses or places where I could improve on the set.
    Last edited by RTN; 02-09-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added equipment layout and removed talk of Mobility since I don't have prereq

Community Member

Sorry if I missed it. I know voodu build isn't really a spell caster build, but is there a recommended list of spells to take each level for this build? I assume spells that buff you or others would be first n foremost. Then spells that have no saves, then spells that still damage for half upon save? Is there a link anyone has that could help orient me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticway View Post
    Sorry if I missed it. I know voodu build isn't really a spell caster build, but is there a recommended list of spells to take each level for this build? I assume spells that buff you or others would be first n foremost. Then spells that have no saves, then spells that still damage for half upon save? Is there a link anyone has that could help orient me?
    My spells are linked in the OP but I added below for convenience.

Spells like Otto's Irresistible Dance have no save. Even though I'm not a DC caster, I still find Evard's Black Tentacles useful. Sleet Storm is also very effective for a non DC caster, however be cautioned that Sleet Storm affects allies too, so try not to use unless your party has Freedom of Movement. My Wail of the Banshee DC isn't good enough to instakill, but still has a neg leveling effect. Symbol of Death is also a no-save neg leveling spell.

During heroics, Web can be made useful on this build and even charm and instakill spells. Lately, after amassing a decent number of reper points, I've been doing a charisma build if I'm just going to 20 for my racials and focusing more on DC based spells like Charm Monster, Finger of Death, Circle of Death, Otto's Sphere of Dancing and Wail of the Banshee and it has been awesome.

Hope that helps

Community Member

Hi, voodu. Um a huge fan of.your builds and have done this build a dozen times.

Now with sharn, i was thinking on using flamecleansed set + artifact con gloves. As flamecleansed Focus on light and fire, How Bout using fiend pact tô boost that fire dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Mpareto View Post
    Hi, voodu. Um a huge fan of.your builds and have done this build a dozen times.

Now with sharn, i was thinking on using flamecleansed set + artifact con gloves. As flamecleansed Focus on light and fire, How Bout using fiend pact tô boost that fire dmg?
    You can use any pact with this build. I'm just a sucker for abundant step-like abilities, so I love Misty Escape from fey pact, which is the biggest reason I chose it, although worth mentioning that sonic is a good damage type too. The Flamecleansed Fury set looks great for a fiend pact enlightened spirit so go for it and please let me know how it works

I copied and pasted the Flamecleansed Fury entry from ddowiki below for others' reference...

Flamecleansed Fury - Legendary Flamecleansed Fury

Community Member

Default New Player viable?

Hi,

I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now and have been contemplating on playing a warlock following your build.

Will I be constrained too much doing this starting with a 28-point build? And if not, how should the stats be distributed? I don't own any expansions and only got my vip to unlock most of the content so far.

I am currently playing a paladin and though I love the sword and board style, the dps has been very low for my liking. I managed to get it to 20 a few days ago and I'm really lost on what to do. A few people has helped me open up the epic destiny and got the unyielding sentinel unlocked. Seeing as that destiny has been mentioned in here, I'm inclined to really go into this build if I managed to get the required items for true reincarnation (although it might take a month on my current pace lol.) If not, then maybe I will just create a new with the Drow race.

Anyhow, anything that I should really look into or read into? I saw that there have been a lot of updates in the build and I'm kind of really lost right now. I'll be watching and rereading the build I guess to clear things out.

Hope you can help a new player out! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gvcddo View Post
    Hi,

I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now and have been contemplating on playing a warlock following your build.

Will I be constrained too much doing this starting with a 28-point build? And if not, how should the stats be distributed? I don't own any expansions and only got my vip to unlock most of the content so far.

I am currently playing a paladin and though I love the sword and board style, the dps has been very low for my liking. I managed to get it to 20 a few days ago and I'm really lost on what to do. A few people has helped me open up the epic destiny and got the unyielding sentinel unlocked. Seeing as that destiny has been mentioned in here, I'm inclined to really go into this build if I managed to get the required items for true reincarnation (although it might take a month on my current pace lol.) If not, then maybe I will just create a new with the Drow race.

Anyhow, anything that I should really look into or read into? I saw that there have been a lot of updates in the build and I'm kind of really lost right now. I'll be watching and rereading the build I guess to clear things out.

Hope you can help a new player out! Thank you!
    Hi Gvcddo, welcome to DDO and grats on your first 20!

This build will be good for a new player, especially in terms of survivability and it's easy to play. If you don't end up liking it, the warlock past life gives +3 MRR, so valuable for whatever you do next. I'll be out of game until Monday, but if you haven't been to my Twitch live streams then look me up at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions while playing the build and I can answer live. I stream on most days, but not on a set schedule. Right now Voodu is my project toon, so been live streaming a lot of Voodu playing through her 1-20 racial lives.

Since you are new, I'd recommend a few of my videos if the topics interest you...

Beginner's Guide to Epic Destinies and Twists of Fate
    How to Prioritize Past Lives
    The Basics of Reincarnating in DDO
    How to Racial Reincarnate (racial reincarnation wasn't released yet when I made the Basics vid)

Hope that helps and looking forward to hearing from you on Twitch

Just a quick question,

Why take Shield proficiency (general)? Other than the unproficient icon, I don't see the downside. Both Shield Mastery and Improved Shield Mastery seem to work without the proficiency, even with tower shields (you still have to worry about spell failure but I first tested it on a cleric where that isn't an issue).
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Just a quick question,

Why take Shield proficiency (general)? Other than the unproficient icon, I don't see the downside. Both Shield Mastery and Improved Shield Mastery seem to work without the proficiency, even with tower shields (you still have to worry about spell failure but I first tested it on a cleric where that isn't an issue).

Shield Mastery
    *Prerequisite: Shield Proficiency (General)

This would be the reason for taking it

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    Shield Mastery

and iirc if u arnt proficient with it you dont get the prr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    Shield Mastery

Yea I posted this late when I wasn't thinking too clearly, I forgot that Clerics (where I tested this) get shield proficiency. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    and iirc if u arnt proficient with it you dont get the prr
    I do not have tower shield proficiency on my cleric but I do get the PRR when using a tower shield on him. That doesn't hold true for Warlock though so not pertinent to this thread

I do not have tower shield proficiency on my cleric but I do get the PRR when using a tower shield on him. That doesn't hold true for Warlock though so not pertinent to this thread
    Shield Mastery gives +5 PRR, Improved Shield Mastery gives another +5 PRR are both pre-requisites for Legendary Shield Mastery in Unyielding Sentinel, which gives another +15 PRR. It's a pretty steep investment for 25 PRR.

If they didnt fix it you could take the feats and the re swap and twist but that could be gone

but in fatesinger 1 prof ain't too bad shiradi n inquis sonic dps ez win
    Damonz Cannith

Master's touch, a level 1 warlock spell does grant you proficiency unless that changed recently.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Any update to this build with Sharn gear?

Used to play it alot back in the days and thinking of reviving it. So wondering what it looks like now with Sharn gear, ac/prr/mrr/dodge ect ect.
    Krag says: Clerics are better then FvS because they have Domains, Divine Metamagic, can carry a ton of useful spells and meet prestige requirements 1 level earlier.

Oh, wait... that was some other game.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast