Default Awesomium_process

Anybody knows why this process eat that enormous amount of RAM? When I start DDO the main "awesomium_process" eat 100 Mb of RAm, but after half an our is about 2 GB of RAM!

I normally Force quit, but there are 6 process with the same name, what's the use for so many similar process?

Thanks in advance!

Also: Please Turbine, allow Mac users to control Brightness, Contrast & Gamma!

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...um-process-exe

"The awesomium_process.exe is a lightweight web browser based on Webkit, that is used by several games (including Guild Wars 2 and Lord of the Rings Online). In Guild Wars 2 specifically, it is used for the Black Lion trading post screens (Gem Store, Currency Exchange, Trading Post, etc).Killing the process will result in the process being relaunched the next time you visit any of these screens. Preventing the process from running at all will result in these screens simply not working anymore.
    Deleting the executable will result in it being recreated the next time the game is started.
    The official website for Awesomium is awesomium.com.
    A discussion on Guild Wars 2 Guru regarding this process can be found here."

I assume then, this is the same for DDO as for LOTRO.

Community Member

Default Hate It

I absolutely hate the 6-7 Awesomium processes. I don't know if that is what is causing my startup to be so slow but it takes me at least two tries before I can get the game to start playing. I usually get the red no network icon of death on the first try. Well, I should say I get that icon after staring at the unresponsive screen for five minutes.

I'm not sending Turbine another dollar. I'll just have to Free Player it from now on.

Community Member

It's a wrapper used for things like the store and in-game browser. I close mine out as soon as I hit my toon name to log in. It isn't what's causing the double login bug though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyWarrior View Post
    I absolutely hate the 6-7 Awesomium processes. I don't know if that is what is causing my startup to be so slow but it takes me at least two tries before I can get the game to start playing. I usually get the red no network icon of death on the first try. Well, I should say I get that icon after staring at the unresponsive screen for five minutes.

I'm not sending Turbine another dollar. I'll just have to Free Player it from now on.
    Awesomecrap process is everything that handle web stuff in game...
    There's a master process and several slave processes... One for the Store, one for the launcher news, one for the Character selection Store, one for the Help/support pages... and so on.

If you don't intend to use any of these pages during you game session you can just kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It's a wrapper used for things like the store and in-game browser. I close mine out as soon as I hit my toon name to log in. It isn't what's causing the double login bug though.
    The double login ( and red link at loading ) is caused by the lack of re-indexing in the DAT files... Once upon a time there was a tool that could be used to re-index the DAT files and clean it up so that it was streamlined... but that tool doesn't work anymore on DDO ( it might still work on LoTRO )... So the DAT files are just a mess that gets more and more bloated with every update and patch.
    The biggest culprit is client_gamelogic.dat, but there's other that still takes a lot of time to find things in. While Turbine implemented the pre-loader technology for client_gamelogic.dat, they didn't do it for the other DAT files.

If you still suffer from double login issue, I recommend that you use the DDO Preloader ( it's hidden somewhere in the forum ) that way it's going to pre-load all the files, and not just client_gamelogic.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...