Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293
Results 5,841 to 5,859 of 5859

Another D&D question on Switch game.

This time, the host asked one contestant if she played a lot of D&D. She replied disdainfully, "Oh, no!". But then went on to explain her guess saying that her friends who play all seem like bright "intelligent" types. Only TWO people got the answer right, and at least one was a complete guess. *sadlol*

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

We may not be able to joke about the classic rouge/rogue stuff here, but we can still point and laugh when the media does it.

Collectibles

Right then.

-3 subs on Hobbit-side: Mine, wife's and son's.

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 04-20-2023 at 03:32 AM.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Right then.

-3 subs on Hobbit-side: Mine, wife's and son's.

I've been out-of-touch this past week. Daughter is sick, with hubby at the doc's now. His dad wasn't doing too well this last week either but he's much improved. I glanced at RL NEWS stuff and noped-out to here with my coffee. I never played LotRO, what's going on Hobbit-side?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    .... I never played LotRO, what's going on Hobbit-side?

Positive waves for the family bugs lurking about.

As for Hobbit-side... To keep it within forum rules, let's just say they brought the circus to town - bearded females and all.
    Collectibles

Positive waves for the family bugs lurking about.

As for Hobbit-side... To keep it within forum rules, let's just say they brought the circus to town - bearded females and all.
    Dad had a UtI but he's better now, daughter went to doc and got swabbed, she's no longer running a temp but she's almost completely lost her voice. Laryngitis? Maybe. She also had sore throat and swollen glands. Could be strep, heard a lot of the kids coming down with that lately. Swab will tell.

? I don't object to bearded female DWARVES but perhaps that is not what you meant? I remember a female dwarven side character from one of the Dragon Lance or Faerun novels (read while I was in Jr High) that had intricately braided side burns but no around the mouth facial hair. She also braided jewelry into her side burns and IIRC it had cultural meaning in the context of the story. Certain braids and ornamentation that indicated she was a widow. I only remember it because there weren't a lot of D&D novels that even tangentially focused on cultural aspects of the non-adventurers. It stuck precisely because it was one of those little details that enrichens the story and the characters. Like that Magnum PI episode where the guy removed his lei immediately and that's how they knew he wasn't really Hawaiian because its incredibly rude to remove it immediately after its bestowed and any native would know not to do that.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

(Bearded human females. ...so far.)

Dad had a UtI but he's better now, daughter went to doc and got swabbed, she's no longer running a temp but she's almost completely lost her voice. Laryngitis? Maybe. She also had sore throat and swollen glands. Could be strep, heard a lot of the kids coming down with that lately. Swab will tell.....
    Mom went in for a heart cath Thursday. They had complications, tho were able to implant her 6th stint into a 90% obstructed artery. Bit of plaque got loose and blocked a smaller artery downstream. Seems this smaller artery connects with a backwards angle, like a tree with a branch that weirdly angles back towards the ground. Can't make a wire turn a corner like that, tho they tried a long time. So has turned into a couple extra days in ICU so they can monitor if the now-blocked artery is going to cause any problems as the surrounding capillaries take over supplying that area of her heart. Fun stuff.
    Collectibles

(Bearded human females. ...so far.)
    Well that explains the circus comment. Doesn't make much sense to do it for humans at all and to do so instead of dwarves? Mind-boggling.

Mom went in for a heart cath Thursday. They had complications, tho were able to implant her 6th stint into a 90% obstructed artery. Bit of plaque got loose and blocked a smaller artery downstream. Seems this smaller artery connects with a backwards angle, like a tree with a branch that weirdly angles back towards the ground. Can't make a wire turn a corner like that, tho they tried a long time. So has turned into a couple extra days in ICU so they can monitor if the now-blocked artery is going to cause any problems as the surrounding capillaries take over supplying that area of her heart. Fun stuff.
    Best wishes for your Mom. *hugs* When my adopted Grandpa had a quadruple heart bypass they put him on a very restrictive diet which focused a lot on veggies, fruits, whole grains, reduced sugar, ABSOLUTELY NO margarine or sodas, reduced red meat, reduced alcohol. Basically everything he loved except shrimp had to go or be severely limited. He had an appliance for making fresh donuts on his countertop... yeah that had to be put away.

How's your mom CD? You haven't posted in a week. *hugs*

How's your mom CD? You haven't posted in a week. *hugs*
    Ah, my bad. I've been feeling... disenfranchised. For lack of a better way to put it.

But yeah, she got home last Saturday. Is still feeling worn out even with the one artery opened back up. I guessing the smaller blockage is countering some of the good the new stint did - just my so-so educated guess tho. I had seen the different earlier ones had made where she'd feel like she could stand/walk for longer times, and that just hasn't happened this time yet. She feels understandably frustrated with it.

Hope you and yours are feeling better?
    Collectibles

Hope you and yours are feeling better?
    Yes, everyone is better. My FiL bounced back pretty fast with antibiotics and cranberry juice. Daughter got better after four days bed rest, hot honey+lemon tea and soup. Doc did swab but it wasn't anything they tested for - not strep, not covid (do they always test for that now?), not mono, etc. Wash hands, wash hands, clean door knobs, handles, remotes, light switches etc. Idk. I think I got whatever it was too but I only ran a temperature for maybe 24hrs, my throat got a little sore, hurt to swallow, voice a touch raspy and suddenly it was over like it never happened.

Hello, all. In case we get lost in the new forum change, it was nice knowing you.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Farewell Muskateer thread!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    The last one out has to turn out the lights and lock up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Hello, all. In case we get lost in the new forum change, it was nice knowing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    The last one out has to turn out the lights and lock up everything.

We can rebuild it. Slower. Smaller. As Good As....

I know we don't keep the bar dusted off as well as we used to, but til the main lights go out, there will always be a CM Tavern.

Time slipped up on me, now I'm cramming like it's night-before-finals. Making notes, copying old messages, trying to copy/save as many pix as I can, etc.

Collectibles

I spent much of today copying old PM's into a file, too many of you are like distant family now. Need to keep the memories, even the sad ones, safe.

*hugs for all*

I spent much of today copying old PM's into a file, too many of you are like distant family now. Need to keep the memories, even the sad ones, safe.

*hugs for all*
    Did a lot of that, too. A LOT of old messages from back when Gen Con was worth going to, and the Gatherings™. Messages with folks in their original personae, Mock & Mer... Hoping that everything soon to be tagged with "old" stays intact, but just in case.
    Collectibles

Why yes, I AM going back and reading through the first few pages of this most recent incarnation of the CM threads.

The full-forum purge of '07, our own thread purge of '15. now this round. We'll be on our 4th life!

But don't make the mistake of thinking I LIKE change....

Collectibles

The passing of Gordon Lightfoot made me think of you lot. I believe he was a contemporary of many of you.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293