Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default U27 Items Official Discussion - Round 2

This is the official discussion thread for U27 items in the new round of Lamannia! Yes, we get an official thread this time.

Item Updates:

• Five more items for the U27 Raid have been created.
    • The Test Dojo cabinet now contains all U27 items that are in the current build.
    • Heroic U27 items that had +5 bonuses to individual saves have been bumped to +8
    • The U27 Khopesh and Greataxe have had their material type changed to Flametouched Iron
    • Heroic U27 items that had +5 to Ability Scores have been bumped to +6
    • Resonation and the Lantern Ring no longer replace each other's bonuses
    • The U27 Buckler is no longer a Small Shield
    • The Epic Shield of Tireless Aid is now properly made of Densewood

A few other notes for things not in this build:
    • We're planning on making the Greataxe's crit multiplier x4.
    • We're planning on making all of the weapons in this pack either Cold Iron or Flametouched Iron.
    • We're planning on having a Longsword in the Raid, looking something like this:
      • +13, Improved Banishing, Sovereign Vorpal, Axiomatic X, Armor Piercing 20%, Doublestrike 15%, Red Augment Slot, Orange Augment Slot (Crit Range of 17-20)
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

I like the changes.

My only suggestion is that the greataxe should have sovereign vorpal instead of improved banishing so it's useful in more content.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is the official discussion thread for U27 items in the new round of Lamannia! Yes, we get an official thread this time.

Item Updates:

• The Test Dojo cabinet now contains all U27 items that are in the current build.
    • Heroic U27 items that had +5 bonuses to individual saves have been bumped to +8
    • The U27 Khopesh and Greataxe have had their material type changed to Flametouched Iron

• We're planning on making all of the weapons in this pack either Cold Iron or Flametouched Iron.
    • We're planning on having a Longsword in the Raid, looking something like this:
      • +13, Improved Banishing, Sovereign Vorpal, Axiomatic X, Armor Piercing 20%, Doublestrike 15%, Red Augment Slot, Orange Augment Slot (Crit Range of 17-20)
    Heya Steel, the Greataxe's Superior Force Burst Effect doesnt seem to be Showing up. Has this been fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

New goggles look nice, +12 wis, +4 insight wis, +3 enhanced Ki

Sure someone will have screenshots soon, was a +12 int belt and +12 cha cloak i believe too

Good news. Let's hope raid is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    New goggles look nice, +12 wis, +4 insight wis, +3 enhanced Ki
    My monk wants this for sure!

My S&B Pally wants this!
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Countenance cloak: -
    Cha 12
    Evo V
    Rad Lore X
    Spen VI
    Quality Vertigo +2?

Why does this item have vertigo surely is a mistake?

I would prefer to see Insightful Charisma instead of Rad Lore and Vertigo as would make it a must have item for a large number of caster builds. You could also change Vertigo for Insightful Evocation.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 07-16-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post

I would prefer to see Insightful Charisma instead of Rad Lore and Vertigo as would make it a must have item for a large number of caster builds. You could also change Vertigo for Insightful Evocation.
    that would be nice but, I think this is a warlock item, more than anything.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Countenance cloak: -
    Cha 12
    Evo V
    Rad Lore X
    Spen VI
    Quality Vertigo +2?

Why does this item have vertigo surely is a mistake?

Ooh! Yeah, that's not supposed to be there. There's supposed to be a Green Augment Slot in its place.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Charisma, evoc DC, and Vertigo would work nicely for a bard. Radiance in the mix makes it good for clerics and FvS as well. The cha being ignored, it's solid for druids as well. Also, radiance, vertigo, charisma all would work excellently for an Enlightened Spirit warlock. It could also be used by a paladin, with the Evoc DC boosting ED powers.

Can we get some kind of summary post for the loot at the top given that this is an official thread?

Without screenshots or a written list of the loot, you literally have to have lammania open side-by-side with the thread to interpret the discussion.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Item Updates:

Very Nice...Great Axe just became something to farm for.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

A couple of the old items have also been changed (in addition to the above):

-Epic Armbands of the Silent Ones now has Insightful Dex 3 instead of Seeker
    -Sheltering now has Constitution 12 in addition to previous effects

All in all, I think the raid items now look excellent, and there's something for almost all toons in there. The goggles are almost too good - though clearly aimed at wis-based monks, who can definitely use the help. Haven't tried the raid yet, but I feel like the raid items in particular have some good aesthetic feel to them too, in terms of combinations of effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    Without screenshots or a written list of the loot, you literally have to have lammania open side-by-side with the thread to interpret the discussion.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    I like the teleport clickie.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

wondering what the reasons for leaving +12 stun and speed 15 off the boots are.

i get that +12 stun maybe doesnt fit thematically, but comparing just the hooks to innocents, innocents are better.

its also wildly confusing to me that the boots dont have at least 30% *striding*, forgetting about speed 15. its ok that they dont for some people, since they can just go back to quiver of alacrity, but this might screw someone else.

and for the alacrity part, is this to potentially make haste a spell worth a raid stacking up for because we wont be seeing speed on items in the future? i could get behind that, if thats the case. or is it because there is going to be an anchoring effect in the new raid and so it wont matter anyway? if there is going to be a need for anchoring and its not a raid environmental effect or a temporary raid buff or whatever, and its going to come on say, boots, why bother leaving striding/speed off of these boots?
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

i now see the +15 stun goggles, which i know are going to make many people happy, myself included. honestly making me consider going centered kensei again instead of pure fighter just because its so much wis all in one place, lol...

however, if i switch to the new goggles, helm, and boots, i will now have absolutely nowhere to put exceptional seeker. unless i want to play the item swap game, which id prefer not having to.

edit: yes i would, good bye 45 resists :*(
    Last edited by the_one_dwarfforged; 07-16-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Now these are sweet looking items.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

I really like the goggles.

...Monks could still need a new outfit though.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

+3 enhanced ki? ok, now *that* is something almost every monk will want
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast