Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I am on Orien, but I appreciate the offer.

I have the Libram, but using that instead of a shield drops prr/mrr by a significant amount. I'll test it again when I get back to 28 (I have an ml28 gem in the shield)

I'll just need to keep trying ToEE. I ran it last night and got a glaciation weapon. Now I need to see how to upgrade it.

Only 3 from ED? 2 from Angelic presence and 2 from Charisma AP is 4.

I didn't know Brace was a usable ability. I just did an ETR and selected Brace as my past life. I've added it to my bar and turned it on. Thanks.

I'll keep working on my gear. I did have someone say last night that I was crazy powerful in ToEE even post-nerf. He was amazed. I am 20, he is 26. We were in EH ToEE and I didn't die until Zuggtmoy, and even coming in late I topped the mobs killed list.

Quote Originally Posted by kharrnn View Post
    Thanks for the response. I am on Orien, but I appreciate the offer.

I have the Libram, but using that instead of a shield drops prr/mrr by a significant amount. I'll test it again when I get back to 28 (I have an ml28 gem in the shield)

I'll just need to keep trying ToEE. I ran it last night and got a glaciation weapon. Now I need to see how to upgrade it.

Only 3 from ED? 2 from Angelic presence and 2 from Charisma AP is 4.

I didn't know Brace was a usable ability. I just did an ETR and selected Brace as my past life. I've added it to my bar and turned it on. Thanks.

I'll keep working on my gear. I did have someone say last night that I was crazy powerful in ToEE even post-nerf. He was amazed. I am 20, he is 26. We were in EH ToEE and I didn't die until Zuggtmoy, and even coming in late I topped the mobs killed list.
    Sorry for the typo. I have 3 in Enhancements and 2 in ED plus 2 more in ED from angelic presence. So the total is correct, but I transposed Enhancement and ED charisma selections.

Yeah shield is more of a personal preference thing. I am running this build on my main character and an alt without alot of gear/past lifes and I use EE Skyvault on the alt, but not on my main character (with 36 PRR from past lifes). I end up with slightly lower PRR lower on my alt (I don't take legendary shield mastery) and the MRR is actually better on my alt. My main character DPS is better due to gear and 3 morninglord past lifes, but both are solid in EE.

Without the divine/pdk past lifes I definitely favor shield vs. the toee set weapon as my offhand weapon.

If you are using EE Skyvault shield you don't gain much spellpower with the TOEE set since both items are +7 so you are missing 15 spellpower compared to a +12 weapon in your main hand. So TOEE set only makes semse if you are wielding 2 weapons with one being a +12 or better.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Sorry for the typo. I have 3 in Enhancements and 2 in ED plus 2 more in ED from angelic presence. So the total is correct, but I transposed Enhancement and ED charisma selections.

Yeah shield is more of a personal preference thing. I am running this build on my main character and an alt without alot of gear/past lifes and I use EE Skyvault on the alt, but not on my main character (with 36 PRR from past lifes). I end up with slightly lower PRR lower on my alt (I don't take legendary shield mastery) and the MRR is actually better on my alt. My main character DPS is better due to gear and 3 morninglord past lifes, but both are solid in EE.

Without the divine/pdk past lifes I definitely favor shield vs. the toee set weapon as my offhand weapon.

If you are using EE Skyvault shield you don't gain much spellpower with the TOEE set since both items are +7 so you are missing 15 spellpower compared to a +12 weapon in your main hand. So TOEE set only makes semse if you are wielding 2 weapons with one being a +12 or better.
    I have a mythic, +2 I think, version of Epic Rod of the Mythant. I got lucky with a run on an alt and nobody wanted it. So I have an implement bonus from that. As a backup, I have a TF weapon with the first upgrade, +100 potency, which I recently learned does not stack with specific spellpower bonuses.

I'd like to get my hands on Sightless, Countenance and Dissolusion but finding a DOJ run is tough too. Ultimatum could be nice as well, if a quickened spell doesn't suffer from arcane spell failure anyway. Otherwise, Skyvault EE works just fine.

I have Lantern Ring, Libram, and Manual of Stealthy Pilfering all upgraded, an upgraded TF armor, mythic +1 Epic Laurel Helix, and Intricate Field Optics. So as you see I'm missing a lot of the gear you are using. I'm hoping to get some more this week but play time is limited with classes and work

If I continue using the shield I'll need to find another source for cha bonus and spellcraft. It's hard to give up the shield though now that I have 125 prr
    Last edited by kharrnn; 11-03-2015 at 03:20 PM.

I have a mythic, +2 I think, version of Epic Rod of the Mythant. I got lucky with a run on an alt and nobody wanted it. So I have an implement bonus from that. As a backup, I have a TF weapon with the first upgrade, +100 potency, which I recently learned does not stack with specific spellpower bonuses.

I'd like to get my hands on Sightless, Countenance and Dissolusion but finding a DOJ run is tough too. Ultimatum could be nice as well, if a quickened spell doesn't suffer from arcane spell failure anyway. Otherwise, Skyvault EE works just fine.

I have Lantern Ring, Libram, and Manual of Stealthy Pilfering all upgraded, an upgraded TF armor, mythic +1 Epic Laurel Helix, and Intricate Field Optics. So as you see I'm missing a lot of the gear you are using. I'm hoping to get some more this week but play time is limited with classes and work

If I continue using the shield I'll need to find another source for cha bonus and spellcraft. It's hard to give up the shield though now that I have 125 prr
    Gearing up a warlock is much more difficult than gearing up a melee/ranged character. It sounds like the raid scene on your server is not as robust as Sarlona which is unfortunate because there is so much best-in-class gear in Defiler of the Just for a warlock.

I use epic chord of reprisals for my charisma +11 item. That and Libram are the only non-raid +11 or better items in the game. It is possible to get a +11 charisma item in random loot, but it's very rare and doesn't come with augment slots.

Here is the gear setup I have on my alt without the past lifes and raid gear:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5712331

Unfortunately Ultimatum will result in a 50% arcane spell failure rate so it's probably a non-starter. The major drawback with skyvault shield is that it only has a +7 enhancement bonus so it pushed you into a weapon with a high enhancement bonus in your main hand to maximize the implement spellpower bonus.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Arcane_spell_failure

Until you get the dissolution you can request someone to help you craft the mobile ring of acid lore which will be 14% if you don't craft it yourself. This also gives you +2 dodge and +2 dodge cap which is one of the few gems left with cannith crafting. You can slot Acid 138 in your shield. While this doesn't match dissolution, I still thin you are better off with Epic Rod for mythic for implement bonus+ meridian fragment and a slightly lower lore than you get from random loot.

All you have to do is advertise on your server marketplace forum for help crafting and someone will help you out if you provide the mats.

The ring is something I recently switched and just now updated my post. If you don't have the mysterious cloak you can substitute jeweled cloak (best you can get) or even ghost-waking cloak for 15 damage reduction. You can also slot a prismatic cloak with a useful ability. When the mysterious cloaks come back to the vendor just get the best you can get if you don't have enough remnants saved up for the level 21 version.

If you use the rod of mythant I would try and slot a meridian fragment. This ia raid item, but you can get them on the ASAH and sometimes even plat AH on Sarlona. There is one going for 1.8MM on the plat AH or several starting at 14 shards on the ASAH.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-05-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Community Member

Gearing up a warlock is much more difficult than gearing up a melee/ranged character. It sounds like the raid scene on your server is not as robust as Sarlona which is unfortunate because there is so much best-in-class gear in Defiler of the Just for a warlock.

I use epic chord of reprisals for my charisma +11 item. That and Libram are the only non-raid +11 or better items in the game. It is possible to get a +11 charisma item in random loot, but it's very rare and doesn't come with augment slots.

Here is the gear setup I have on my alt without the past lifes and raid gear:

Unfortunately Ultimatum will result in a 50% arcane spell failure rate so it's probably a non-starter. The major drawback with skyvault shield is that it only has a +7 enhancement bonus so it pushed you into a weapon with a high enhancement bonus in your main hand to maximize the implement spellpower bonus.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Arcane_spell_failure

Until you get the dissolution you can request someone to help you craft the mobile ring of acid lore which will be 14% if you don't craft it yourself. This also gives you +2 dodge and +2 dodge cap which is one of the few gems left with cannith crafting. You can slot Acid 138 in your shield. While this doesn't match dissolution, I still thin you are better off with Epic Rod for mythic for implement bonus+ meridian fragment and a slightly lower lore than you get from random loot.

All you have to do is advertise on your server marketplace forum for help crafting and someone will help you out if you provide the mats.

The ring is something I recently switched and just now updated my post. If you don't have the mysterious cloak you can substitute jeweled cloak (best you can get) or even ghost-waking cloak for 15 damage reduction. You can also slot a prismatic cloak with a useful ability. When the mysterious cloaks come back to the vendor just get the best you can get if you don't have enough remnants saved up for the level 21 version.

If you use the rod of mythant I would try and slot a meridian fragment. This ia raid item, but you can get them on the ASAH and sometimes even plat AH on Sarlona. There is one going for 1.8MM on the plat AH or several starting at 14 shards on the ASAH.

Thanks for the response.

I have the Epic Laurel Helix for ring 1 and the Epic Chord of Reprisals would do nothing for me as a GOO warlock. What belt do you think would be a good replacement? I have epic Belt of thoughtful remembrance which would give me a big boost of CON and concentration bonus while also providing a +11 bonus to saves and dodge bonus.

When I get back to 28 I'll look into picking up the 4 augments I don't have already and work on the gear I'm missing. Thank you for the advice.

Thanks for the response.

I have the Epic Laurel Helix for ring 1 and the Epic Chord of Reprisals would do nothing for me as a GOO warlock. What belt do you think would be a good replacement? I have epic Belt of thoughtful remembrance which would give me a big boost of CON and concentration bonus while also providing a +11 bonus to saves and dodge bonus.

When I get back to 28 I'll look into picking up the 4 augments I don't have already and work on the gear I'm missing. Thank you for the advice.
    The epic chord of reprisal would also give +11 charisma and there is a definite lack of good non-raid charisma items.

Another option would be a stolen necklace EE (charisma +10 and another ability - ideally spellcraft +19 if you don't already have it. You can also use a charisma +10 necklace, hat or cloak from random loot. If you aren't using the mysterious cloak I would probably go with a +10 random charisma cloak simply because there is a lack of good named non-raid cloaks for warlocks.

Do you own Three-barrel cove? If so, you can get the iron mitts from wildneress chests there and the drop rate is decent.

Level 27 Sages shoes you can get from running lines of supply on any epic difficulty. That is a guaranteed end reward on your first run. Epic Halcyonia also had a decent drop rate. I would think you could get all those items without a huge grind. If you don't have the inferno bracers and want something else you can either use Guardian's Bracers for the saves which you get after running army of shadow on any epic difficulty. You can also turn in 5 villager commendations to get bracers of the sun soul for save. 20% healing amp bracers of parrying random loot would be the best choice, but those don't drop any more and are very difficult to find. If you happen to have one - that is probably the next best choice but otherwise either of the 2 bracers are easy to get.

For necklace I would go with Epic Lion's Mane from subversion (reasonable drop rates) or my second choice would be upgaded Necklace of Epic Mystic Eidolons. You can also try and get a crafted acid lore necklace 2 slots, but mobility can't be crafted onto necklaces unless that changed, so you would need a different prefix.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-06-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Question on Skyvault: I've never used it but thought Tower Shields were 50% ASF and mithral only reduced it by 10%. Is the ASF on Skyvault 0% (assuming this must be the case)?

Also, assuming ASF now affects the ES blasts (I read the recent changes, just want to check as haven't had the chance to play Warlock since).

Finally, WF/BF mithral body is counted as light armour, is there any way to get WF/BF med armour type? I'm guessing not...

Going for the BF 17/3 split to get Div PLs and just trying to work out best PRR option(s). Going to assume Adam is not really a good option anymore for the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    Question on Skyvault: I've never used it but thought Tower Shields were 50% ASF and mithral only reduced it by 10%. Is the ASF on Skyvault 0% (assuming this must be the case)?

Also, assuming ASF now affects the ES blasts (I read the recent changes, just want to check as haven't had the chance to play Warlock since).
    Yes, Skyvault shield has 0% arcane spell failure which appears to be working as intended since the description reads it's as light as a spellbook. As far as I can tell it's the best tower shield option available to an arcane and the only level 21+ item I am aware of with this special property. It also should scale well to level 30 since you will presumably get implement bonus from your other hand and the 3 slots can be improved.

For etr, you can have a heroic elite and epic normal version as well to take you from 20 to 28(soon 30) so the build is effectively the same for all levels.

Warlock Eldritch Blast and all abilities based off eldritch blast now have an arcane spell failure chance like all other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    Finally, WF/BF mithral body is counted as light armour, is there any way to get WF/BF med armour type? I'm guessing not...

Going for the BF 17/3 split to get Div PLs and just trying to work out best PRR option(s). Going to assume Adam is not really a good option anymore for the investment.
    I am not aware of any way to get the equivalent of medium armor with a bladeforged/warforged.

The warlock tree doesn't have the option to reduce arcane spell failure by 5% so you will have a 5% arcane spell failure chance with adamantine plating(35% from adamantine plating minus 15% from WF tree for 4 AP and minus 15% from sapphire of spell agility). Although people I know that are playing warforged with adamantine plating report the actual failure chance as only 4% instead of 5% - I am not sure why.

When the level cap goes to 30 it's possible that sapphires of spell agility 20 start dropping and that would open up alot of new heavy armor/ adamantine plating casting builds.

With the PRR formula change (without Tenser's) the increase in PRR from mithral to adamantine plating would be 16-20 as you level up from 20 to 28 depending on your epic level. There are some good players on Sarlona that accept the 4% loss in DPS for the extra PRR so it's not a bad choice. For me, I hate my spells failing period so I don't want any arcane spell failure.

If you can get to 120 or so PRR with mithral that is the way I would go. Going from 120 to 140 PRR only increases damage reduction from 54.55% to 58.33%. There are not many cases where that extra DR is going to make the difference in whether or not you die, and the way I look at it - in Exalted Angel I can accept a bit more risk because I always have reborn in the light epic moment to raise myself at full and more powerful if I do die (obi wan ability).
    Last edited by slarden; 11-15-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Default Impact of U29 Feats and Changes

Here are the posts regarding U29 changes:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ew#post5724801
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ew#post5724910

At first glance it appears that Warlocks and casters in general will need to choose between DPS and DC and that is mostly the case. However, the addition of 5 destiny points opens up some great opportunities to boost DC through ED twists and some slight re-arranging of spells can help with easy debuffing.

So right now a maxed-out character can have twists spots of 4-3-2-1. With the upcoming changes you can either have 4-3-2-1-1 or 4-3-3-1 or some other combination like that. So I am thinking maybe the answer is to take the following twists:

Energy Burst: Cold
    Empyrean Magic
    Conjuration Augmentation (or Evocation Augmentation alternatively)
    Cocoon

I think the combination of Evard's + Sleet Storm + Obscuring Mist will produce enough procs to make good use of conjuration augmentation and trigger the -10 reflex save to boost dps). Solid Fog clickies or scrolls will reduce reflex save by another 5. Solid Fog is shown as an available spell in the wiki, but I can't seem to take it so it's either bugged or the wiki is wrong.

One thing I've always been curious about but never tested is whether a druid with evocation augmentation and a warlock or sorc with conjuration augmentation overwrite each other's abilities or it stacks. If it stacks that would be a great combination in a party.

So I don't think it's necessary to take any DC boosting feats at epic levels with such great DPS options. I would lean towards these, but not necessarily in this order:

Level 21: Epic Eldritch Blast
    Level 24: Intensify Spell
    Level 26: Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
    Level 27: Wellspring of Power
    Level 28: Epic Spellpower Light
    Level 29: TBD - the damage spells both look weak but I will test on Lamannia
    Level 30: Burst of Glacial Wrath (or Embolden Spell depending on Lamannia testing)
    Level 30 Legendary: tough call but probably Scion of the Plane of Fire over Scone of Celstia. Scion of the Plane of Earth also has some potential as it would boost Evard's.

Ruin and Greater Ruin look great for fast burst single target dps, but the spell point cost is so much.

It looks like a very fun release with many character build options.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-17-2015 at 10:34 PM.

I think the combination of Evard's + Sleet Storm + Obscuring Mist will produce enough procs to make good use of conjuration augmentation and trigger the -10 reflex save to boost dps). Solid Fog clickies or scrolls will reduce reflex save by another 5. Solid Fog is shown as an available spell in the wiki, but I can't seem to take it so it's either bugged or the wiki is wrong.
    What triggers to give -10 reflex save? Evards doesn't do it, obscuring mist only gives 20% miss chance that doesnt stack with blur or displacement, and sleet storm blinds and slows. Or does blindness give -10 to reflex or something? I can't find solid fog as a warlock spell even on the wiki.
    Exelin etc, exception Estelix of Elite Raiders, Khyber
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Relenthe View Post
    What triggers to give -10 reflex save? Evards doesn't do it, obscuring mist only gives 20% miss chance that doesnt stack with blur or displacement, and sleet storm blinds and slows. Or does blindness give -10 to reflex or something? I can't find solid fog as a warlock spell even on the wiki.
    -10 reflex save would come from either conjuration augmentation or evocation augmentation (both reduce reflex which boosts energy burst and pact damage). I need to test which one works best, but I am guessing conjuration augmentation on mobs with evards/sleet storm or evocation augmentation on bosses (aura, bursts and all dps spells). I can only pick one or the other.

I am not running it currently, it's just a concept of something I might try with U29 to make sure my pact damage lands. This is something the extra 5 fate points open up for me if I choose to upgrade a tier rather than take another tier 1 twist.

The idea is that it's a more efficient way to boost dc than multiple feats that require trading off dps. Beyond energy burst and empyrean magic there isn't much you can twist in for a huge dps boost. Also, it's the only way to get an effective boost to energy burst since evocation DC isn't part of the formula.

Solid fog is listed here in the wiki. It is the 4th level 3 spell just below dimension door.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Warlock_spells

It was also on lamannia at one point - I took it. Both solid fog and crushing despair seem like they would belong in the warlock spell book, but then again evard's seems like it should belong in the sorc/wizard spell book also. I never played a warlock in P&P so I am not familiar with what they have in P&P. Going by the wiki and testing on lamannia it was removed with no mention at all - so it seems like a bug to me.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-04-2015 at 04:17 PM.

-10 reflex save would come from either conjuration augmentation or evocation augmentation (both reduce reflex which boosts energy burst and pact damage). I need to test which one works best, but I am guessing conjuration augmentation on mobs with evards/sleet storm or evocation augmentation on bosses (aura, bursts and all dps spells). I can only pick one or the other.

I am not running it currently, it's just a concept of something I might try with U29 to make sure my pact damage lands. This is something the extra 5 fate points open up for me if I choose to upgrade a tier rather than take another tier 1 twist.

The idea is that it's a more efficient way to boost dc than multiple feats that require trading off dps. Beyond energy burst and empyrean magic there isn't much you can twist in for a huge dps boost. Also, it's the only way to get an effective boost to energy burst since evocation DC isn't part of the formula.

Solid fog is listed here in the wiki. It is the 4th level 3 spell just below dimension door.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Warlock_spells

It was also on lamannia at one point - I took it. Both solid fog and crushing despair seem like they would belong in the warlock spell book, but then again evard's seems like it should belong in the sorc/wizard spell book also. I never played a warlock in P&P so I am not familiar with what they have in P&P. Going by the wiki and testing on lamannia it was removed with no mention at all - so it seems like a bug to me.
    Just wanted to pass along some info: as of right now - aura procs all augmentations in magister (tested each and every one of them excluding abj.)

On another note: while evard's should be on the wiz/sorc spell list, it is iconic for warlocks. In 3.5 pnp, there was an invocation called chilling tentacles for warlocks (best invocation in the game, allowed the at-will cast of an evard's variant with more damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

Slarden, have you considered the divine level 28 feat escape artist.....I am positive it is close to that name..but instant cast 20d20 sonic, and remove harmful effects.

I have been trying it and the 5 spells in my aoe rotation are beastly. I am playing your build almost to the letter and it is insane the amount of survivability. My boss dps is meh....I find myself changing to blasts for single target and just clicking temp hitpoints and holding mouse button...

But when it comes to aoeing mobs. 2 lock, ea burst, twist burst and the sonic burst it's insane

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    Slarden, have you considered the divine level 28 feat escape artist.....I am positive it is close to that name..but instant cast 20d20 sonic, and remove harmful effects.

I have been trying it and the 5 spells in my aoe rotation are beastly. I am playing your build almost to the letter and it is insane the amount of survivability. My boss dps is meh....I find myself changing to blasts for single target and just clicking temp hitpoints and holding mouse button...

But when it comes to aoeing mobs. 2 lock, ea burst, twist burst and the sonic burst it's insane
    Hmm, no I didn't try it and didn't even think of it, but I love the idea just from hearing it. I will try it this weekend.

I concur the boss damage is a weakness of casting warlocks without heavy souleater investment, but the new dot looks very promising and helpful for boss damage.

If Forced Escape also breaks me out of flesh to stone I will really be happy.

Thank you for sharing this.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-04-2015 at 11:17 PM.

It's changed the way I played since I started using forced escape. The cool down on aoes is almost seamless now, so I am melee with button punches for for aoes. The 20d20 sonic hits nicely with the set up you created. Let me know how your testing works.

On a side note even under geared the build is so strong that I am able to mainly just stick to evades for archers and casters or a large group and with shining through,stuanch, mass cure, and cocoon. ..pretty much use movement to kill anything at EE ...barring the occasional ..ops I missed that save

It's changed the way I played since I started using forced escape. The cool down on aoes is almost seamless now, so I am melee with button punches for for aoes. The 20d20 sonic hits nicely with the set up you created. Let me know how your testing works.

On a side note even under geared the build is so strong that I am able to mainly just stick to evades for archers and casters or a large group and with shining through,stuanch, mass cure, and cocoon. ..pretty much use movement to kill anything at EE ...barring the occasional ..ops I missed that save
    +1 Forced Escape is overperforming nicely

Hi,

A guildie and I have both been running with forced escape instead of 20 extra light spellpower. It's a definite upgrade to the build - thank you!

+1

I wish I was there. Still need that sucker. :/

Yes, it is. I believe Over Raided runs it on Saturdays some time in the afternoon. And if you don't see one up and it's an afternoon on a weekend post one yourself. The people will come.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

So new to the class. Just rolled one up after the sale (No doubt along with many others).

Took a Sorc and went 2nd life Warlock. Went with 18 CHA, 16 CON and 15 Int (have +3 tome so evens out eventually)

Not sure how to play low levels. Should I be in aura or blasting? What makes it more effective at lower levels as I feel a little underwhelmed right now. (My last few lives on other toons I was a mech, bard and barb so not used to a slow start though as long as i know I'm not doing anything wrong and it will come I'm patient)

Also I went with human. Too many drows lately for me. What would you spend the extra feat on and when? Evocation focus? Shield proficiency (I have heroic and epic Skyvault)

Thanks in advance for the low level guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    So new to the class. Just rolled one up after the sale (No doubt along with many others).

Took a Sorc and went 2nd life Warlock. Went with 18 CHA, 16 CON and 15 Int (have +3 tome so evens out eventually)

Not sure how to play low levels. Should I be in aura or blasting? What makes it more effective at lower levels as I feel a little underwhelmed right now. (My last few lives on other toons I was a mech, bard and barb so not used to a slow start though as long as i know I'm not doing anything wrong and it will come I'm patient)

Also I went with human. Too many drows lately for me. What would you spend the extra feat on and when? Evocation focus? Shield proficiency (I have heroic and epic Skyvault)

Thanks in advance for the low level guidance.
    Great purchase decision, I hope you enjoy warlock as much as I do!

If you are planning to level to 28 and play end game content I always recommend going for about 120 PRR, although you can do ok with less. Here is one set of feats that might be worth considering for human:

This option drops 2 of the 3 conjuration focus feats and with the human extra feat picks up shield proficiency, shield mastery and improved shield mastery. If you don't have a significant # of divine/pdk past lifes this is what I recommend because that 30 PRR is going to mean alot more to you than the 2 DC on evard's. The shields are much harder to get from the AH since warlock came out so it's great you already have both shields.

If you prefer the stronger evard's don't bother with just shield proficiency as you can get that with the master's touch spell. You can take mental toughness for 1% crits and spell points or toughness for hp instead, although I think the shield option is the best.

At low levels I would suggest focusing heavily on EA for defenses and souleater for dps. My first priority would be working towards the cone in souleater even though I don't use it in epics. For heroics you don't have all the epic destiny burst SLA options so you will get much more dps out of the cone than any other option. Warlocks start out a little slow but get strong quick. Heroic plays very different than epics, but the light damage in EA is very powerful at heroic levels and with utterdark you are synchronizing everything around light spellpower.

Once you have enough points to take utterdark and quite a bit of EA you can reset AP and try to maximize light damage on top of the regular damage and also go for more pact dice. You get the bursts from EA and shining through for healing in higher level heroics.

Souleater/Tainted Scholar is also a great combo in heroics, but you lose the shining through for self-healing.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-09-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast