Community Member

Default Pally Build Help

I haven't played my pally in a LONG time, and getting back into him. He is currently a lvl 9 dwarf pally.

This was a 28-point build. I don't remember my exact starting stats, but this is probably pretty close.

str - 16
    dex - 10
    con - 14
    int - 8
    wis - 10
    cha - 14

I would like to maintain my heavy armor, but I was wondering what weapon style and enhancement tree is most recommended now for good dps and survivability?

Except for the occasional raid/quest, I mostly run solo with a hireling, so Im mostly interested in that.

Thank you.

Community Member

For defence just spend 24ish AP in the Sacred defender tree, that'll get you +6 str or +6 con, +20% HP, +10% movement speed which is nice, 6 to saves and +25 PRR/MRR. you'll have a few more points to spend there depending on preferences but honestly, it's more than enough for defence in heavy armour.

For offence obviously spend into the Knight of the Chalice tree, the big wins here are the cores so staying pure is a solid bet, and spend on the cleaves because they're also very good. If you have the spare AP and want to go for max DPS then you'll have to go deep on the smites, so 6 AP on exalted smite, 2 on empowered smite and then 1-3 more on Holy Retribution to get the most out of smiting.
    Last edited by Ayseifn; 03-17-2015 at 08:45 AM.

You can either go 2hf and go 40+ ap in kotc and 24 in SD. This one has more hp and better saves and better aoe damage

Or you can make a S&B put 40+ in vanguard and 20+ in kotc. this one despite having lower hp and saves has better survivability because shield, it also has better single target dps because of stuns.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

For a S&B build, see my Sacred Vanguard thread. For a 28pt THF/SWF dwarf pally, my recommendation is base stats 16/8/16/10/8/14 (extra INT for skill pts); Power Atk, THF or SWF x3 (don't forget you need 7 ranks of Balance if going SWF), Imp Crit:Slash or Blunt (depending on primary weapon choice, ofc), Overwhelming Crit, remaining feats can go towards metamagics or whatever.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.