Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1200

Quote Originally Posted by yhelm123 View Post
    Okay, I think I got it all in here now. This was a heck of a thing to play catchup on. A LOT has happened since Update 54!

A few things of note...

1. I did a lot of cleanup, and have more to go. After reading through the Help.txt doc I had a better idea of how this all works, and realized a lot of the data was not alphabetized, had Flags and things in the wrong order, called out Rank 1 or Cost 1 items when it didn't need to... those kinds of things. So I am slowly going through all of these to clean that stuff up. I still have to finish going through Enhancements.txt, but I think I have most of the other ones all finished.

2. The wiki is not a good place to get updated data for the game at the moment. It's really backlogged on updates, and a lot of the info is inconsistent. Part of that is because some of the release notes to not match what is on live (and was clearly used to update the wiki). I may have to be a contributor there next.

Whenever things weren't clear I rolled up a character or logged into one I already had to verify what it was in the live game. So everything in these txt files is as fresh and accurate as you can make them, save for Legendary stuff (since I do not have a 30+ toon right now). We'll just have to hope that stuff is accurate for now.

3. I set Completionist to "Unselectable" for now, since we really do not have any way to tell this system when it should or shouldn't give it to the player. I'm thinking it just needs a toggle at the Stats section in the beginning, but obviously I am not a programmer so someone else will have to work that out.

4.I sort of figured out a work-around for Devine Disciple for now. It's not pretty, but it works. Basically just a series of checks to see if you have already added the Core1 Light or Dark, and if you have you can either add the next Core or the matching path, or add the Core one of the other. Then it just does that over and over for all the various Light/Dark cores. I have most of the Light/Dark prereqs working with it as well in the rest of the tree, save for the "Balance" options in T4 & T5. I just couldn't figure out how to get it to check for the Core1 Light and Core1 Dark with all the combos they could be in, so I am just going to let the user figure that out for themselves.

5. I figured out how to add different cost for multiselectors within the same ability (like in Exalted Angel: Tier 3: Noble Affinity), so I went through and fixed all of them that I could find.

I think that is everything for now. As I clean up the last of the files I will just update and save over the these links. Let me know if I can help any other way!

Classes.txt - https://jmp.sh/WW1s6O8
    Classes (Archetype Versions only).txt - https://jmp.sh/Xxpxs3h8
    Destinies.txt - https://jmp.sh/uBBFAIi
    Enhancements.txt - https://jmp.sh/7vyJlH5
    Feats.txt - https://jmp.sh/Bc7DCeG
    Races.txt - https://jmp.sh/dRABiwi
    Spells.txt - https://jmp.sh/NyeQf38

For some reason I am not able to download the first 2 links, Classes.txt and Classes (Archetype Versions only).txt all the others I was able to download.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    For some reason I am not able to download the first 2 links, Classes.txt and Classes (Archetype Versions only).txt all the others I was able to download.
    Try a different browser. I tried just now and had problems with Firefox, but was able to download all of the files in Chrome.
    HTH

Community Member

When I update Builder with the data files posted by @yhelm123 (downloaded 1/11/2023), I get 10 errors when I first open it:

Code:
    10 Errors:

Feats.txt: Elemental Form Specialty has invalid line:
    Level: 31

Feats.txt: Enhanced Elemental Dice has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Legendary Aim has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Legendary Toughness has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Shield Mastery Specialty has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Single Weapon Specialty has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Spell Specialty has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Two Handed Specialty has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Two Weapon Specialty has invalid line:

Feats.txt: Wild Force has invalid line:
    I can easily change those values to 30 to work around the problem, but is there something else I should be doing? I am on the current version of Builder - 4.1.0.

Thanks!

Community Member

Also, one thing missing from the updated enhancements - the Spellsinger Tier 1 SLA now offers a choice of Sonic Blast or Cure Light Wounds instead of having to choose Sonic Blast.

Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
    When I update Builder with the data files posted by @yhelm123 (downloaded 1/11/2023), I get 10 errors when I first open it:
    That's because the builder program hasn't been updated since U54, so it's unable to parse the changes since then, like the level cap increase to 32 and the new feats and class Archetypes. ChicagoChris posted that they were still working on updating the builder; but if you want an character builder which works for U57 right now, use this one.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Yup. I just put all the data together for Chris in hopes that it could be used easy enough with whatever changes they will make to the builder. As unbongwah said, since anything higher than 30 doesn't exist yet it doesn't know what to do with those options and throws up a error.

Good news is you can just close that error popup and things will still work for you (up to level 30). You do not have to change anything in the data files.

Bad news is until it's reprogrammed to support it you still cannot use this builder for anything higher than level 30. Nothing we can do about that until someone with programming knowledge can fix this builder. In the mean time, I will just try to do my part and keep the data as up to date as possible.

Also, one thing missing from the updated enhancements - the Spellsinger Tier 1 SLA now offers a choice of Sonic Blast or Cure Light Wounds instead of having to choose Sonic Blast.
    Ah, good catch! I will make that change and re-upload.
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Default AN UPDATE! (sort of)

Hey all.

Like a lot of you I really love this builder. For me, it's mostly how it formats the final build when you export it. I find it way more readable than a lot of other builders out there, and do not want to see this one completely die. Unfortunately I do not have access to the software needed to make updates to this builder. Since we DO have access to the data files that feed into the builder I can modify those all I want.

So that is what I have been doing for myself, and I figure maybe a few of you would want to use it too. Here are my (sort of) working updates for almost everything through U58.

File 1: DDOLiteTools-U58-Standard
    File 2: DDOLiteTools-U58-Archetypes

There are a few catches...

First, I just could not figure out how to make all of the Archetypes work as an option in the main builder, so I split them off into their own copy of the builder. As such I have two builders here; one for all the "Standard" classes and one for Archetypes. This works if you are making mostly pure archetype builds. Splashes are not always what you may want since they can only pull from Archetype version in the Archetype builder. If you know a tiny bit about how the text data is pulled in you can mix and match text file info for your particular build. Not a perfect solution but at least it's something for now.

Second, there are still several things that are hard-wired into the builder that I cannot change. The first and most obvious is it still only goes to lvl 30. Another one is still no way to apply the auto-granted version of the Completionist feat to your character without making it an "always on" option for every character you make with these builders. Also an issues is only Rogue and Artificer can actively put points into Disable Device and Open Locks (even if those are listed as available skills in another class). To work around this I made my first level of Dark Hunter a Rogue, put the points into the trapping skills, then removed the Rogue level. The points stay there and continue to be spent correctly, you just cannot manipulate them further unless you add back in that level of Rogue (there is a sample build in the Saved folder that shows how this works).

Lastly, this in only an update to the builder portion of this package. I have not updated the crafting or Compendium portion.

Most everything else works, and I keep making changes to other issues as I discover them. That includes a lot of things in Alchemist that were not correctly listed, some names of Enhancements and Feats that have changed, and some spells that were incorrectly listed for a different level in the release notes than they are on the live server. When I could I made a a version of the character on a live server to make sure I had the points and names and things in the correct order.

So I share with you these files if you want them. If you spot anything I got wrong then let me know and I will fix it if I can and re-upload. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yhelm123 View Post
    Hey all.

Like a lot of you I really love this builder. For me, it's mostly how it formats the final build when you export it. I find it way more readable than a lot of other builders out there, and do not want to see this one completely die. Unfortunately I do not have access to the software needed to make updates to this builder. Since we DO have access to the data files that feed into the builder I can modify those all I want.

So that is what I have been doing for myself, and I figure maybe a few of you would want to use it too. Here are my (sort of) working updates for almost everything through U58.

File 1: DDOLiteTools-U58-Standard
    File 2: DDOLiteTools-U58-Archetypes

There are a few catches...

First, I just could not figure out how to make all of the Archetypes work as an option in the main builder, so I split them off into their own copy of the builder. As such I have two builders here; one for all the "Standard" classes and one for Archetypes. This works if you are making mostly pure archetype builds. Splashes are not always what you may want since they can only pull from Archetype version in the Archetype builder. If you know a tiny bit about how the text data is pulled in you can mix and match text file info for your particular build. Not a perfect solution but at least it's something for now.

Second, there are still several things that are hard-wired into the builder that I cannot change. The first and most obvious is it still only goes to lvl 30. Another one is still no way to apply the auto-granted version of the Completionist feat to your character without making it an "always on" option for every character you make with these builders. Also an issues is only Rogue and Artificer can actively put points into Disable Device and Open Locks (even if those are listed as available skills in another class). To work around this I made my first level of Dark Hunter a Rogue, put the points into the trapping skills, then removed the Rogue level. The points stay there and continue to be spent correctly, you just cannot manipulate them further unless you add back in that level of Rogue (there is a sample build in the Saved folder that shows how this works).

Lastly, this in only an update to the builder portion of this package. I have not updated the crafting or Compendium portion.

Most everything else works, and I keep making changes to other issues as I discover them. That includes a lot of things in Alchemist that were not correctly listed, some names of Enhancements and Feats that have changed, and some spells that were incorrectly listed for a different level in the release notes than they are on the live server. When I could I made a a version of the character on a live server to make sure I had the points and names and things in the correct order.

So I share with you these files if you want them. If you spot anything I got wrong then let me know and I will fix it if I can and re-upload. Thanks!
    Hi everyone - thanks for poking me and not letting this die.

The good news -
    • I have most of the code updated for all current Archetypes, but it needs to be beat up and tested.
    • I haven't updated the Archetype trees, but Yhelm and others have, so I don't think this will be much of a problem.
    • Level 32 is working.
    • There were some feat/enhancements that required some small code changes, but that seems to be working well.

What's left
    • Divine Disciple. What a PITA this is going to be. Basically all the tier0 enhancement logic needs to be revamped. I'm thinking that I'll end up with a flag at the treename level that indicates dual tier0, then either have tier:0 as we have now and AltTier:0, or tier: left0/right0 or something like that, plus all the logic around starting left vs. right.
    • Minor updates to compendium (SardaofChaos typically keeps these up to date)
    • Completionist - Not sure if that's something that's a high priority. I might just make a Past Life page to record all that information.

The biggest issue is TIME - but hopefully I'll get an initial pass out for all of the above soon.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ChicagoChris; 03-09-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    [*]Divine Disciple. What a PITA this is going to be. Basically all the tier0 enhancement logic needs to be revamped. I'm thinking that I'll end up with a flag at the treename level that indicates dual tier0, then either have tier:0 as we have now and AltTier:0, or tier: left0/right0 or something like that, plus all the logic around starting left vs. right.
    For the Dark right-to-left, why not just swap the order in the builder? So, even though "Divine Emissary of Darkness" is the last/rightmost at Core6 (Core5 if you count from 0), would it not be easier to implement it in the builder as the first core (0 or 1) in the dark tree? After all, the builder doesn't present the enhancement trees in a grid format like the game does, so why would L-R or R-L matter?

The dual tier0 is more of a problem, especially since (according to the wiki) "It is possible to train both Light and Dark cores,...". Would it be simpler to allow the Divine Disciple tree to have 12 cores (6 light + 6 dark) and just label them "light" or "dark"?

Alternatively, you could possibly implement Divine Disciple as 2 separate trees (DD-L & DD-D), but then you would have to create a workaround for maximum number of enhancement trees (1 racial + 6 class/universal) in a single build and then create a way to flag the tree as a dual tree in the Enhancements.txt data file in case the game developers do this to some other tree in the future. OTOH, if someone using both light & dark Divine Disciple enhancements, they probably don't have many APs left to put in to 5 other class/universal trees, so maybe it's not such a bad limitation. If nothing else, you could do that as an interim solution until you have time to implement a better one.

For the Dark right-to-left, why not just swap the order in the builder? So, even though "Divine Emissary of Darkness" is the last/rightmost at Core6 (Core5 if you count from 0), would it not be easier to implement it in the builder as the first core (0 or 1) in the dark tree? After all, the builder doesn't present the enhancement trees in a grid format like the game does, so why would L-R or R-L matter?

The dual tier0 is more of a problem, especially since (according to the wiki) "It is possible to train both Light and Dark cores,...". Would it be simpler to allow the Divine Disciple tree to have 12 cores (6 light + 6 dark) and just label them "light" or "dark"?

Alternatively, you could possibly implement Divine Disciple as 2 separate trees (DD-L & DD-D), but then you would have to create a workaround for maximum number of enhancement trees (1 racial + 6 class/universal) in a single build and then create a way to flag the tree as a dual tree in the Enhancements.txt data file in case the game developers do this to some other tree in the future. OTOH, if someone using both light & dark Divine Disciple enhancements, they probably don't have many APs left to put in to 5 other class/universal trees, so maybe it's not such a bad limitation. If nothing else, you could do that as an interim solution until you have time to implement a better one.

We could do something like this

TreeName: Divine Disciple
    Flag: DualCore

AbilityName: Emissary
    Tier: 0
    Selector: Divine Emissary of Darkness, Divine Emissary of Light

AbilityName: Sacred Defense
    Selector: Empowered by the Darkness, Empowered by Light

Then have all the logic for dual core in the code - showing two cores, limiting to 6 total cores L/R

This may be the simplest data layout, but tons of code change (enhancements page, main display, data tables, cost calculators, load/save)

The other alternative is to do something like you suggest:

TreeName: Divine Disciple
    Flag: DualCore

AbilityName: Emissary - Divine Emissary of Darkness
    Flag:
    DualCore: Dark

AbilityName:
    Emissary - Divine Emissary of Light
    Flag:

AbilityName: Sacred Defense - Empowered by the Darkness
    Flag:

AbilityName: Sacred Defense - Empowered by Light
    Flag:

Which is still pretty simple, but may be easier with the code changes
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Default Divine Disciple is tricky

I used the existing logic to fake this in the current system. Since there is still an order to things, and how you can take them in this tree, the location of things in the core really doesn't matter to this builder (since we are not looking at things in the same way graphically). Each new option for a pick is just based on the previous choice.

Instead of Core1 to Core6 I just thought of them as Light1 to Light6, and Dark1 to Dark6. Using the existing logic, I did this for the first Core pick...

Code:
    AbilityName: Emissary
    Descrip: Follow the path of Light or Dark... (there is more here but I am shortening for this example) 
    Flags: SelectorOnly
    Selector: Emissary of Light, Emissary of Darkness
    Then the second core options looked like this...

Code:
    AbilityName: Sacred Defense
    Descrip: Follow the path of Light or Dark...
    Flags: SelectorOnly
    Selector: Emissary of Light, Empowered by Light, Emissary of Darkness, Empowered by the Darkness
    SelectorName: Emissary of Light
    None: Tier 0: Emissary: Emissary of Light
    SelectorName: Empowered by Light
    All: Tier 0: Emissary: Emissary of Light
    SelectorName: Emissary of Darkness
    None: Tier 0: Emissary: Emissary of Darkness
    SelectorName: Empowered by the Darkness
    All: Tier 0: Emissary: Emissary of Darkness
    So the second one only cares about what you took last time. If you took the first Light option, then your second pick can only be Light2 or Dark1. If you took the first Dark pick, then the second option can only be Dark2 or Light1. After that each new option (Core3 pick, Core4 pick, etc) just has more checks it needs to go through based on what the last pick was. The only real issue is you need to list EVERY possible previous option at each new core level, but it does flag them as incorrect if you pick one you cannot have.

So maybe thinking of it in that way can help. If there is some way to hide the options that shouldn't be available to you based on your previous choice the existing logic should be able to handle it.

I've recently discovered the magic that is github pull requests (better late than never?) and so I'll be making future contributions through that since I'm guessing it's easier for you to merge those in.

For anyone grabbing compendium updates as I make them available, you can still do so by grabbing the new versions from https://github.com/Sardabot/ddo-lite...ata/Compendium without needing to wait for the pull requests to be merged to ChicagoChris' repository.

New since the last update of DDOLiteTools: U56-58 quests and a few misc fixes.
    New since my last post: U58 and the misc fixes. However, that still covers all the same files apparently: Packs, Quests, SagaOrderEpic, SagaOrderHeroic, Sagas, and Wilderness

Default FINALLY!!! 4.3.0 - U56-U58 Archtype updates

### 4.3.0 - U56-U58 Archtype updates
    Changes:

• Finalized updated for L32
    • Updates for Archtypes in U56 - Dark Apostate, Sacred Fist, Stormsinger
    • Updates for Archtypes in U58 - Blightcaster, Dark Hunter, Acolyte of the Skin
    • Updates for U57 - Imbue updates in Feats, Enhancements, and Destinies
    • Updated for quests in U56-U58 (thanks @SardaofChaos)

Fixes:

• Feats/Enhancements/Destines:
    • Thanks to @yhelm123

Compendium Updates (1.8.0):

• Updates for U55-U58 from SardaOfChaos

Release info: ddo-lite-tools/releases
    Download: 2023-04-21_DDOLiteTools.zip

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Hooray and thanks for all the hard work!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Default OMG Yes!!!

Truly Thank you, every single one of you who have put time into this.

I really love this package and I am so happy you people are keeping it alive.

Thank you, Thank you, and once again Thank you!

The McFuggins guy...
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Thank you, its great to have this updated as its my favorite
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Thanks for keeping this updated; it comes in handy when I need to toss together a fast build.

Some more changes for compendium incoming:
    • Added the Skeletons in the Closet raid (oops)
    • Added the new Legendary level versions for the Attack on Stormreach quests and the F2P prequel set
    • Corrected Captives of the Hidden God level to 33
    • On the XP tab (Tables.txt), removed the old Epic Destiny XP table and added levels 31-32 to the character table

I've also been informed that there are a few quests that don't match the in-game order when you put Compendium Lite into the "Match In-Game Order" sort-by-level mode in the Options. Unfortunately, the reason this is the case for the ToEE quests is because, while Compendium Lite uses the shortened "ToEE: Water Node" format for all 7 of them, apparently the in-game list spells it out as "Temple of Elemental Evil: Water Node" for just the water and fire nodes. The only way for me to fix this would be to rename the quests in Compendium Lite to match the in-game names, and I have some arguments for and against doing that:

For:
    • Anyone using that sort order option (default is just sort by Heroic Level) would then have it actually match the in-game order when sorting Compendium by the Lvl column
    • I believe sort order is unaffected in all other states (except sorting by the Quest column), because the secondary ordering is just the literal line order in the data files (which is what has allowed me to match the quest-giver progression order)

Against:
    • Names would be changed for all users regardless of options and sort order, losing visual consistency (there's no hidden tag I can use to just change the sort for this specific option)

I'd appreciate any input from anyone for or against this change, or if anyone knows offhand of other quests that aren't sorted correctly in that state.

HOT DOG!!! Thanks, @ChicagoChris!!! Gonna give 'er a spin right now!

Okay, with the forums going away tomorrow and the new ones being created, I think it will be up to us to copy over and start the new thread for this. ChicagoChris, I can do that tomorrow if you don't get to it first.

I did notice a few things that were not quite right with Blightcaster. I originally entered all of that info from the release notes, and those are not aways the most reliable. I've played a Blightcaster to 32 recently so I've cleaned up the issues based on what is actually in the game. I posted links to the updated files below.

Issues
    • Missing one Ability Increase at lvl 32 (builder only goes up to 28)
    • Missing the Destiny Points you get at levels 31 and 32 (should be +4 DP at each level for a total of +8 at lvl 32).

Here is what I cleaned up in the Classes, Enhancement and Spells files...

Classes.txt
    • Corrected Blightcaster Spell List
    • Added Extra Blightcaster level 1 spell slot (You get a 6th slot at lvl 20, I believe. Need to verify when but I know it's there.)

Enhancement.txt
    • Removed "Fast Acting Poison" (Blightcaster T4) - was leftover from preview and replaced by "Poison of the Hydra"
    • Corrected "Unkindness of Ravens" (Blightcaster T4) to be 3 ranks at 1 point (instead of 1 rank at 2 points)
    • Corrected "Grasping Thorns" (Blightcaster T5) to be 3 ranks at 1 point (instead of 1 rank at 2 points)
    • Corrected description of "Grasping Thorns" (Blightcaster T5) to be what the SLA actually does (ddowiki is right, in-game is wrong last I checked).

Spells.txt
    • Added the following missing spells...
      • Thorn Blade
      • Fire Shield Cold - a "cold only" version that only the Blightcaster gets (so far)
      • Grasping Thorns

I'll start going through my other builds and make sure those all convert over as well. I guess I will followup with any corrections in the next forums. See you all there!

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960