Post Request: Wolf Build

Noticing a few builds on Wolf druids though just can't figure out what is best for me.

I do want shield master & imp shield master
    3 natural fighting
    Tougness or Heavy Armor feat i like options

i plan to use this build to dps so any ideas would be helpful.
    Though the build needs to start as an Iconic character & non Bladeforged

I might save up enough to +1 LR heart later if needed.
    tome are non exsistant im to poor for the ddo store & to poor for astral market. (plat has been dead a long time)

just found some forum posts that helped break down enough info for me to build my character.

Reason for the request is my friends don't need a main tank any more just more dps -_-
    Last edited by kaisoul; 01-17-2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Solved my request via forums

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I try to run thru what works (and what I'm not sure of) with wolf builds in this post.

The main question marks for a wolf build are:
    • How many druid lvls do you want? You need at least druid 8 for Winter Wolf form, druid 9 if you plan to take Natural Fighting feats; beyond that, it's mostly a matter of which spells you want vs what you get from your class(es).
    • Are you willing to exploit the TWF bugs? Pros: big boost to DPS. Cons: takes up 3 feats and you're always one patch / bugfix away from being nerfed.

In your case, I would start with druid 9 / ftr 3 as a basis; the ftr splash gets you extra feats, defensive stance, and heavy armor prof. [Note that there are no druid-friendly hvy armors until lvl 14, when you can use dragonscale from Gianthold.] After that, you have a lot of options as for what to do with your other levels & feats; again, depends on whether you're trying to max out your melee DPS or you want more spells.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.