Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default We're looking for livestreamers to join our Community Stream Team!

Do you like to livestream yourself playing DDO regularly? Are you looking to grow your audience? Would you be interested in streaming on our official DDOstream Twitch channel? If the answer is "yes", we'd be interested in talking to you!

We're in the process of creating a Dungeons & Dragons Online Community Stream program, and would love to hear from you!

Here's how it would work:

• We'd give you the ability to broadcast your DDO stream on our official Twitch channel by giving you access through a Stream Key.
    • You would still need your own streaming software, such as Open Broadcaster, xSplit, or similar program to stream.
    • We would like you to stick to a regular schedule of whatever length works best for you. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever - just as long as you are able to stick to a regular schedule that we could promote.
    • You can essentially stream anything DDO-related that you'd like! You would generally need to follow the Community Guidelines, so harassment, excessive profanity, and/or nudity will not be permitted.
    • We'll keep an updated calendar for the livestream on our Twitch page, and will also promote your stream on our various social networks and web sites.
    • We'll periodically give you some Turbine Point codes or other things to give away to people who visit your show.
    • We'll work with you to give you some graphics and such to liven up the look of your stream.

If you are interested, please send an email to us through ddo@standingstonegames.com, and we can talk to you further about your idea, and see if it is a good match for this program. If you have an example of a past livestream you've done (Highlight, YouTube video, Past Broadcast), that would be helpful.

If you've got other questions, reply below! Thanks.
    Last edited by Cuser74b; 04-14-2022 at 10:57 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Thumbs up Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Do you like to livestream yourself playing DDO regularly? Are you looking to grow your audience? Would you be interested in streaming on our official DDOstream Twitch channel? If the answer is "yes", we'd interested in talking to you!

We're in the process of creating a Dungeons & Dragons Online Community Stream program, and would love to hear from you!

• We'd give you the ability to broadcast your DDO stream on our official Twitch channel by giving you access through a Stream Key.
    • You would still need your own streaming software, such as Open Broadcaster, xSplit, or similar program to stream.
    • We would like you to stick to a regular schedule of whatever length works best for you. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever - just as long as you are able to stick to a regular schedule that we could promote.
    • You can essentially stream anything DDO-related that you'd like! You would generally need to follow the Community Guidelines, so harassment, excessive profanity, and/or nudity will not be permitted.
    • We'll keep an updated calendar for the livestream on our Twitch page, and will also promote your stream on our various social networks and web sites.
    • We'll periodically give you some Turbine Point codes or other things to give away to people who visit your show.
    • We'll work with you to give you some graphics and such to liven up the look of your stream.

If you are interested, please send an email to us through ddo@turbine.com, and we can talk to you further about your idea, and see if it is a good match for this program. If you have an example of a past livestream you've done (Highlight, YouTube video, Past Broadcast), that would be helpful.

Way cool. I like watching others play when I can't play. I live vicariously thru them till then next time I can get into DDO.
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-21-2014 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelng challnegs

It sounds fun to be officially a part of the DDO Stream, I've got a few of my own and a smattering of followers. My up speed leaves something to be desired, but this keeps the stream accessible to low speed downloads also *shrug* - I just haven't really had anything to stream, constant ER's and boring grind have been the flavor of the summer.

If DDO Streaming is a channel, I could have a weekly show, but that's about it. My personal channel will still be the "UHF" of streaming not subject to the rules/regs. I could possibly do a weekly or bi-weekly thing. If viewership is bigger, could possibly expand to a few more. I'm not sure how many viewers it would have if we didn't have everyone that's just there to bug you about Update/Patch release notes :P

I could consider if after a few successful shows I can contribute some concept fanart for Anauroch items for your art team muahahah (kinda Steam Workshop-esque).
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by G_Lich View Post
    It sounds fun to be officially a part of the DDO Stream, I've got a few of my own and a smattering of followers. My up speed leaves something to be desired, but this keeps the stream accessible to low speed downloads also *shrug* - I just haven't really had anything to stream, constant ER's and boring grind have been the flavor of the summer.

If DDO Streaming is a channel, I could have a weekly show, but that's about it. My personal channel will still be the "UHF" of streaming not subject to the rules/regs. I could possibly do a weekly or bi-weekly thing. If viewership is bigger, could possibly expand to a few more. I'm not sure how many viewers it would have if we didn't have everyone that's just there to bug you about Update/Patch release notes :P

I could consider if after a few successful shows I can contribute some concept fanart for Anauroch items for your art team muahahah (kinda Steam Workshop-esque).
    A weekly show would be great! If you are interested in pursuing this further, PM me and we'll figure it out.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Do you like to livestream yourself playing DDO regularly? Are you looking to grow your audience? Would you be interested in streaming on our official DDOstream Twitch channel? If the answer is "yes", we'd interested in talking to you!

If you are interested, please send an email to us through ddo@turbine.com, and we can talk to you further about your idea, and see if it is a good match for this program. If you have an example of a past livestream you've done (Highlight, YouTube video, Past Broadcast), that would be helpful.

Really interested, let me talk to one of my guildies as he is the stream guru.

Hey there, Cordovan!

This sounds like something that would be right up my alley. I stream DDO at least twice a week, sometimes more, anyhow - Saturday Raid Night and Minion Monday.

Stream quality and such is, for the most part, more than adequate these days. However, since I work on a one-monitor set-up, multitasking certain things poses a bit of a challenge. I make due, though.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen
    Nux Ssaparra
    Minion Monday Host & Caller of Cookie Storms
    www.twitch.tv/nuxssaparra

Hey there Cordovan sounds like a really interesting way to get a community going I like it.

I'm sure the DDOguys would be interested in this we shall work it out and see about doing this for you.

twitch.tv/DDOguys

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ssaparra View Post
    Hey there, Cordovan!

This sounds like something that would be right up my alley. I stream DDO at least twice a week, sometimes more, anyhow - Saturday Raid Night and Minion Monday.

Stream quality and such is, for the most part, more than adequate these days. However, since I work on a one-monitor set-up, multitasking certain things poses a bit of a challenge. I make due, though.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen
    *mutters* She's gonna make me learn to censor myself...*hides in shell muttering promises about trying to be a good turtle*
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    *mutters* She's gonna make me learn to censor myself...*hides in shell muttering promises about trying to be a good turtle*
    If I manage to make it on the stream that makes two of us lmao!

Stoner81.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    If I manage to make it on the stream that makes two of us lmao!

Stoner81.
    We're gonna have some awkward convos huh? LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Turtle and Horlath,

I'm far more concerned about my, ahem, colorful metaphors making random appearances.

I could give word replacement a go or I could always start sounding like Bill Cosby in the "Himself" show when he imitated what fathers sound like when they're angry.
    Nux Ssaparra

/Applause

Community Member

Default Interested

I stream about every weekend, and I'm interested on joining a "stream team," as I really like this game! How may I apply? If needed, here is my livestreaming page: http://twitch.tv/headgearhair/

Community Manager

Our first group to join us on DDOstream is the DDOguys! They'll be streaming tonight from nine until eleven tonight, Eastern time. Check them out! http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream
    Join us on Twitch!

Did my first round of hosting DDOStream last night from Thelanis. I should be covering most Tuesdays starting around 5:00pm Central.

I stream other times as well on http://www.twitch.tv/cmorrigu

Warning to those thinking about joining the team and using ShadowPlay: ShadowPlay doesn't seem to support streaming to any channel but your own, so you'll have to switch to OBS or XSplit. I used OBS, which worked but only with DDO in windowed mode.

Thank you to Cordovan and all who watched, chatted, and played last night.
    Thelanis - The Frag | Community Stream Team
    Shaalaanaa | CMorrigu | Varinae | Guiweed | Koilinara | Chraygh | Cyvila | Chraemust
    Youtube | Twitch | Steam | Musings | DDO Stuff | Airship Layout | MorningLock | Turbine Time

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CernunnosM View Post
    Did my first round of hosting DDOStream last night from Thelanis. I should be covering most Tuesdays starting around 5:00pm Central.

I stream other times as well on http://www.twitch.tv/cmorrigu

Warning to those thinking about joining the team and using ShadowPlay: ShadowPlay doesn't seem to support streaming to any channel but your own, so you'll have to switch to OBS or XSplit. I used OBS, which worked but only with DDO in windowed mode.

Thank you to Cordovan and all who watched, chatted, and played last night.
    Thanks for doing this! Thanks about the note about ShadowPlay; I'd not used that before.
    Join us on Twitch!

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Working with my guild on a time looks like Friday night would be best for us. Will be checking back when it is more firm. This sounds like fun!

Three days later...

Sorry about the tardy response. I just wanted to put up a brief note about OBS and DDO for reference.

It is true that OBS will only play nice with DDO under certain conditions. DDO must be in windowed mode and (I think) in DirectX 9. To capture the game for streaming, there are two routes you can go depending on your needs:

Game Capture - This is what I mainly use when I'm streaming on my own channel. DDO is in windowed mode and OBS set for game capture. No other screens/windows can be seen unless one switches specific individual sources in OBS. Will not generally have the "black bars" issue if set for at least 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.

Window Capture - This is what I will be using for the DDOStream. Again, DDO needs to be in windowed mode. Naturally, OBS should be set for window capture. This allows use of overlays while streaming the game. Be sure to have both the game window capture and the image capture checked off in the OBS sources section to have your overlay show up. DDO tends to have a slight issue with thin black bars due to the actual captured game window being slightly smaller than set resolution due to the frames.

Not an OBS guru or anything, but just figured I would share the limited knowledge I do have.
    Nux Ssaparra

Bonus bits I left out...

You can play DDO without windowed mode and just game capture in OBS if you do not plan on using overlays.

For folks who do not have a more standard monitor and/or a one-monitor set-up (me, for instance), DDO in windowed mode was the best workaround to gain a decent aspect ratio of 16:9 instead of 4:3.

For folks blessed with a monitor that has the proper aspect ratio and another means to monitor chat, this may be your answer to simplify your DDO streaming experience.
    Nux Ssaparra

Saw a tweet to this thread today but also saw that it hasn't been updated in a couple of months.
    Wanted to make sure this was still a thing.

Very interested if it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast