Default KotC Changes Tier-1 Enhancements are horrible

Well 2/3 of the skills are horrible. Realize that Paladins don't get Turn Undead until they hit 4th Level. Extra Turning & Divine Light are completely pointless at Tier-1, especially if you are a multi-class Paladin.

Good - Exalted Smite: You gain 2/4 additional use of Smite Evil per rest.
    Bad - Extra Turning: +(1/2/3) Turn Attempts per rest.
    Bad - Divine Light: Your Turn Undead ability now also deals 6d6/12d6/18d6 light damage to nearby undead. Scales with 200% Melee Power.
    Ugly - Extra Remove Disease: +(2/4/6) Remove Disease uses per rest.
    Expected - Action Boost: Attack: Activate to gain a +(4/6/8) Action Boost bonus to hit for 20 seconds.

Community Member

I agree that the tier 1 stuff is misplaced. At least move the stuff that doesn't work (turning for example) until level 4 over to tier 2. As it is now, you spend AP on stuff that isn't helpful for several levels.

And why do we have Action Boost: Attack anyway? I've never had issues hitting stuff, even on a low str toon.
    V

Overall I do appreciate the merging of the 2 previous trees, but with only so much AP to spend, the devs really pooched KotC Tier-1 as there should rarely be a barrier to the entry level of any given tree.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bernaise View Post
    Overall I do appreciate the merging of the 2 previous trees, but with only so much AP to spend, the devs really pooched KotC Tier-1 as there should rarely be a barrier to the entry level of any given tree.
    Now that they've nerfed up the animation for exalted smite even the extra smites aren't that interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Now that they've nerfed up the animation for exalted smite even the extra smites aren't that interesting....
    Ok... You have had enough, puff puff pass...
    Exalted smite is awesome sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernaise View Post
    Well 2/3 of the skills are horrible. Realize that Paladins don't get Turn Undead until they hit 4th Level. Extra Turning & Divine Light are completely pointless at Tier-1, especially if you are a multi-class Paladin.

Good - Exalted Smite: You gain 2/4 additional use of Smite Evil per rest.
    Bad - Extra Turning: +(1/2/3) Turn Attempts per rest.
    Bad - Divine Light: Your Turn Undead ability now also deals 6d6/12d6/18d6 light damage to nearby undead. Scales with 200% Melee Power.
    Ugly - Extra Remove Disease: +(2/4/6) Remove Disease uses per rest.
    Expected - Action Boost: Attack: Activate to gain a +(4/6/8) Action Boost bonus to hit for 20 seconds.
    I do agree that extra turn undead should be a higher tier, but at the same time, its not a powerful enough enhancement to be a higher tier. as far as multi class, that's just a choice made by players and it sounds like a tough choice for you so I call that a good thing. there needs to be tough choices to go pure or multi because one of the biggest problems right now is the low hanging fruit in the tiers.

Any ability which reads as "Channel divinity" requires a Turn Undead charge to activate. All abilities cost a single turn attempt to use, unless otherwise noted.

Knight of the Chalice Holy Light, which deals a medium amount of light damage to nearby undead.
    Divine Might, which grants an insight bonus to strength equal to your charisma modifier for a short time.
    Rally, which removes fear, grants a bonus to saves versus fear, and grants a small bonus to attack or damage.
    Holy Retribution, which deals additional base damage and for evil creatures be destroyed or take 100 holy damage and -6 to all ability scores.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran1 View Post
    Ok... You have had enough, puff puff pass...
    Exalted smite is awesome sauce.
    It's a lot less awesome, at least for THF, then it was before the update. The animation takes long enough now that it actually a loss in DPS compared to just continuing to swing your weapon.