Community Member

Default Ok so i made a level 15 bladeforged....time for my questions(no flames pls)

ok ive played both DnD and DDO(a while ago i might add on the latter). i understand how the game works and so on..but i need some advice cause this new enhancement thingy has me a little edgy as i dont know what alot of the stuff does.

Can someone give me a good starting build in that stuff so i can get back into the swing of things for when i create other toons?

Thanks either way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrem View Post
    ok ive played both DnD and DDO(a while ago i might add on the latter). i understand how the game works and so on..but i need some advice cause this new enhancement thingy has me a little edgy as i dont know what alot of the stuff does.

Can someone give me a good starting build in that stuff so i can get back into the swing of things for when i create other toons?

Thanks either way.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...forged-Fighter

Ignore the "advanced player" warnings.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

You may want to hold off on rolling a BF pally; U23 will provide some major buffs to them. Holy Sword is about to become one of the best DPS bonuses in DDO; Sacred & Stalwart Defender are getting their Gtr Stance bonuses overhauled so they work if you have a shield OR med or hvy armor equipped (and Addy Body meets that requirement); med/hvy armor in general are getting their defensive bonuses ramped up; and the addition of Cleave atks to the KotC tree and the removal of the GC pre-req on Overwhelming Crit makes pallies a little less feat-starved.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I call your Cetus build and raise you a SWF + Orb 15 Paladin 5 Fighter.
    Cetus is fun, but no longer required in U23- Monk splash = bad and taking all those points in Kensai just to stay centered is a total waste of AP if you convert AP into feats, that's like throwing away 8 feats.

Not taking heavy armor as a Paladin now, you may as well go Swashbuckler as that will out DPS Cetus any day of the week. ( Loved Cetus build but moved on to better things )

Heavy armor will see you at 210+ PRR, 100+ MRR, you can stand in blade traps all day and take 20 damage if you roll a 1
    Evasion you don't need, and monks Shadow Veil you definitely do not need

Cetus build ~ May you rest in peace

What if the Cetus-build was actually Erandis Vol?
    I mean, they're both dead and refusing to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran1 View Post
    you may as well go Swashbuckler as that will out DPS Cetus any day of the week.
    I'd like some evidence. I'm not denying the possibility, but I admit strict skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I'd like some evidence. I'm not denying the possibility, but I admit strict skepticism.
    It would be like flogging a dead horse, please don't make me do it

Btw loved your work

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran1 View Post
    It would be like flogging a dead horse, please don't make me do it

Btw loved your work
    Much appreciated =D