Default Smite Evil "Smitten" Attack power?

I'm not sure anyone's noticed, but Smite Evil's now adding a nifty little debuff to targets you hit, regardless if they're evil or not. Hillariously enough, this debuff is called "Smitten". It is applied as "You affect ____ with smitten".

Reading the buff and copying it's description, there's a bit of confusing text. (Took about 8 smites to get the whole thing written out: Wanted to make sure i was getting it perfectly, and the debuff only lasts 8ish seconds on my Paladin (i'm pretty sure it's 1 second of duration per paladin level)

Smitten: Target recieves -1 Attack Power, Weapon damage, saves, and skill checks.

I'm not exactly sure if it's supposed to be To-Hit, or if the brand new Melee Power stuff in the Dev Diaries is leaking.

If someone could run some tests on this and what it does, i'd be much appreciative.

Community Member

Smitten has been happening for 3+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbler View Post
    Smitten has been happening for 3+ years.
    ... and what does it mean by Attack Power?
    (Go figure. I guess i've never been looking at the effects bar of enemies when i used to play paladin. Now i feel a bit stupid.)

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    ... and what does it mean by Attack Power?
    (Go figure. I guess i've never been looking at the effects bar of enemies when i used to play paladin. Now i feel a bit stupid.)
    From that wording, I strongly suspect that by -1 "Attack Power" it means -1 to hit.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Well, considering how attack power is becoming something. -1 may be -1% damage, since melee power is becoming a thing that adds % = to melee power.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Well, considering how attack power is becoming something. -1 may be -1% damage, since melee power is becoming a thing that adds % = to melee power.
    which is exactly what i'm trying to figure out lol

I'm assuming it's -1 To-hit, but from the way it's worded, it could be anything.

I don't think there's anything labelled Attack Power that is being introduced (unless there's something in one of the Dev threads I missed). There is Melee Power, but it's extremely unlikely that this effect is related to that in any way.