Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Mabar Sneak Attack Preview!

Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Sweet, I'll be there.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Nice sneak peek but I noticed 2 problems, maybe it's just me but the monsters have a really weird target box I tried to cast spells on them and half the time it's like I hit nothing, not even miss, evade, or reflex save simply nothing. The other thing is the super quick reset of monsters in some occasion, like they spawn and litteraly 2 seconds after they reset and vanish...

I hope those issues will be fixed before the actual event.

Thanks for making events!

I had two characters around level 15 try things out and both came across some sort of vampire who had fairly powerful attacks but couldn't be located (at least by me). This was a real pain in the butt when the thing was hanging around the turn-in jack-o-lantern.

Community Member

Default Mabroke

The game servers are already crying for mercy over Mabar. I always wondered why a different instance wasn't created for each group that joins, like quests. Also would be nice if spell casters could actually use all of their spells in Mabar. Otherwise, I like it. (Oh, and make sure to include those +6 tomes, not just the +5 ones)

I liked what I saw. We did have some lag in instance 2 on Sarlona. The whole party did and people in 2 channels also reported some lag. I eventually got disconnected and am stuck logging back in. I am not sure if it is related to Mabar or not.

I rarely get lag.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

"Hi Mom, Can't make it for the dinner we planned tonight. Have to defend a graveyard from undead, sure you understand."

If only this would work.

45 minutes in, server crashed. Multiple vampires killed, no fangs dropped for party. Really like the new monsters, lots of fun so far.
    Greenismean, Flamesetter

Community Member

As someone has said before - invisible vampires who can still attack, although possibly they've just appeared in the scenery - hard to tell. Mummies that get up only to lie straight back down again Maybe I'm just getting more criticals than usual but they seemed to be taking more damage than usual from fire, not just the mummies but some of the skeletons too. Also getting the message about some spawns not being high enough level - given that the instances are now split by level this should not really be happening for a character who's in that level range.

Again mobs disappearing too quickly at times. Increased spawn rate would be nice as well Was in on a level 19 wizard so haven't tried the higher level stuff so cant comment on that.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I"m having a lot of problems turning in the drops. I can eventually get it to take the fiingers and skulls after opening and closing the pumpkins a lot, but it simply won't take my black opals at all. I have tried logging on and off, changing instances, putting them in the bag, taking them out of the bag, dragging them to the bar, clicking the bar without dragging, nothing works.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I messed around a bit on my level 28 character, in the 26-30 zone and fought CR 22 Shadar-Kai (beings from the plane of shadow, not plane of endless night. But who cares about lore?) and got "The Creature was too weak to give rewards" a bunch.

I see the traditional loot hasn't been updated. So all the dragon scales, lich dusts, and vampire fangs that I saved from previous years are useless. And now there's Signets! Just like heroic commendations, Turbine has decided to make a new currency obsoleting our prior efforts. This one's even limited to one per day.

So... I'm going to maybe spend 20 minutes getting a few keys on chars that need them, and then wait 6+ hours for the 2 people who actually have stuff to grind on a new alt to grind out motes to open the dragon. Repeat. Ignore otherwise...

I was finding the 2 dimensional shadows that you can barely see and not attack for a good 6 seconds who then run away so you can't find them, to be a tad annoying. Then I gave up and went to run some House C Challenges, because, even broken as they are, they're more fun.

P.S. I was somewhat excited until I played in the graveyard.

We just tried a dragon run, horrendous crippling lag where no one can do anything, fail, lost key.

The usual I suppose.

First time grouping in years. Was surprisingly fun with my lowbie Bard. Going to have another go here now that I have a more than vague idea as to what's going on!

Edited for my poor English.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 09-24-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member Quintain-Valewalker's Avatar

Well. it's only be active for 90 minutes and I lost my connection 3 times while waiting for my character to load and two times while traveling between areas. After finally getting to House J, I tried to access the Pumpkin just outside the graveyard and guess what.. the game just disappeared. This happened earlier to me in Eveningstar while just walking through the town. I was able to actually get into the graveyard and the first Lich I ran into busted up my level 25 FvS. I used up nearly all my SP. After navigating the lost connections and reconnecting, I tried again. I was a little more prepared so at least I thought. After a few seconds of fighting a Lich again, I had lost my target on him and my spells were not being cast even though it took away my SP for them. I received a skeleton finger out of the blue as I was not in a group and not engaged in combat at the time. So far I'm not impressed. Sorry this may sound like whining, but I feel I should be able to at least defend myself against one foe. Maybe I'm wrong.

Community Member

The high level zone with the most annoying mobs ever (shardakai) ensures that I will not be killing any mobs in the graveyard with my high-level toons. I'll just farm the 10-20 instances with some random alt instead. Way to promote epic toons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    Well, first impression is that it really sucks spending almost an hour to get enough motes to buy a key, and then all of two minutes to waste it because someone that you got randomly placed with went and clicked the alter in their room and then left the alter undefended.

it feels... dark. it's not as bad on my favored souls with their tinkerbells, but i had to turn my gamma up to play my sorc.I heard a lot of vamvpires, but i never saw one.Please try to be explicit. can I earn 1 signet per character per day? or just 1 per account? Also, mention at the jack o lantern that the signets are BTC.those are my main gripes, everything else looks good.
    Honkin • Diaari • Baz • Shankiee • Tranzcend • Diaana • Diaarti

keys/draughts not in store... kind of annoying
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast