Default Dodge + Mobility broken?

Sorry, I couldn't find this anywhere else, so thought I would ask.

Yesterday my Ranger/Rogue got to 9th level, and so I took my first Fighter Level to help with feats.

As my Level 9 Feat, I took Dodge (3% Dodge), and as my Level 1 Fighter Feat, I took Mobility (2% Dodge).

But now I only have a Dodge of 4%. Not sure if this is a known issue or not.

Tried putting Chaosgarde on and off and it accurately adds +2% to give me a total of 6%.

I have logged out and in, and still get the same issue.

I have another character with Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack, and he is getting the correct total (7%) for those 3 feats together, so I'm hoping this will correct itself later when my Ranger takes Spring Attack.

Please let me know if any others have experienced this, and if there is a fix.

Thanks,

Holgar

i know this works just for items but try to enable the 'Effects' option at your general tab and relog. then check the 'Effects' Report if it says something like 'You have more than one source of Dodge bonus that will not stack' or something like that. i havent heared about any stackin problems with feats so far.

also i found this wiki link, if u havent yet, might help

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dodge_bonus
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Quote Originally Posted by Holgar View Post

Yesterday my Ranger/Rogue got to 9th level, and so I took my first Fighter Level to help with feats.

As my Level 9 Feat, I took Dodge (3% Dodge), and as my Level 1 Fighter Feat, I took Mobility (2% Dodge).

Tried putting Chaosgarde on and off and it accurately adds +2% to give me a total of 6%.

I have another character with Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack, and he is getting the correct total (7%) for those 3 feats together, so I'm hoping this will correct itself later when my Ranger takes Spring Attack.

Thanks,

Holgar

yes its broken. but i dont know which of those 2. One only grants 1 dodge instead of 2. The same goes for the Magister tier 1 ability. only grants 2 instead of 3.
    Aggrom
    Ghallanda

Playing DDO since April 2006

Community Member

Thanks,

Holgar
    Two things to check.

1. Dodge is capped by armor or shield Maximum Dexterity Bonus (MDB). Mobility always provides its own MDB. Try taking every single piece of equipment off, not just Chaosgarde.

2. There has been a bug with dodge from the start that can make you lose 1% dodge based on the order you equip dodge items. Try taking all items off and then check it, then try putting them on in different order if it's not adding up. I've run into this problem on my Fighter and unequipping and re-equipping a Greater Nimble Trinket brings my dodge from 17% to the correct 18%.

Thanks,

Holgar
    There does seem to be a bug with this. The epic "Surefooted Boots" has the Mobility feat which gives me 2% dodge. The fully upgraded "Cloak of Night" gives 3% dodge. When I wear both of them, I only get 4% dodge chance. So yeah, there's a 1% that is missing from the total dodge chance.

There is absolutely Some Weirdness going on with Dodge. I've seen all sorts of oddities that I can't seem to make repeatable.
    I've had mobility armor on and have it work, and stack with my Uncanny Dodge feat. Then I gained a level, gained Uncanny Dodge again, and all of a sudden it didn't stack properly - if I took the armor off, my dodge was correctly my Uncanny Dodge value, but when I put it back on I was 1 short. Then I ditched the armor later, gained a few more levels, and took Mobility as a feat and it stacked fine.
    Sometimes my gear used to not stack right, 4% ring, 3% cloak, etc. Taking off the gear and putting it back on would fix it.

I'd bug report it but I honestly don't understand it enough to describe it.

Community Member

This bug used to happend when they first implimented the % based dodge system. I believe it was addressed in a subsequent patch. Each new update seems to roll back all previous bug patches, unless they are complained about they eventually slip through and become the norm.

There aren't as many people involved in feedback and community resources as there once were. These sort of things are accumulating in the game and aren't being documented anymore. If you make enough noise about it, they might re-patch it eventually.

Still broken. My lvl 3 ranger with dodge + mobility only has 4%, when it was lvl 2 with just dodge he had 3%.
    Hope it will eventually fix itself taking spring attack at lvl 6.

Xionanx

I can in fact confirm that the feats when granted by class (not items) are broken and only grant a total of 4% when they should be granting 5%. No amount of items swapping seems to fix this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    I can in fact confirm that the feats when granted by class (not items) are broken and only grant a total of 4% when they should be granting 5%. No amount of items swapping seems to fix this.
    Have you tried un-equipping your tower shield? Have you tested this naked? I guess I can imagine the same bug creeping into feat based dodge %. Except you can't equip and un-equip feats to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    This bug used to happend when they first implimented the % based dodge system. I believe it was addressed in a subsequent patch. Each new update seems to roll back all previous bug patches, unless they are complained about they eventually slip through and become the norm.

There aren't as many people involved in feedback and community resources as there once were. These sort of things are accumulating in the game and aren't being documented anymore. If you make enough noise about it, they might re-patch it eventually.
    Certainly with today's 18.2 patch it will be fixed. Shirley, 5 hours of downtime is enough to get this in.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Seriously, I notice this more and more. How could versioning be this bad? Turbine: hire someone or assign someone whose entire job is versioning (and integration!). And probably rewrite the back end that deals with versioning (is there one?) and bug databases entirely. :/ I've never seen so many old (old old, years old) bugs work themselves back into updates as in Turbine games.

Has anyone checked whether dodge alone is granting proper dodge %? Or is it only when the two of these feats are granted together? I'm planning on taking dodge at the very least next TR (maybe).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    Seriously, I notice this more and more. How could versioning be this bad? Turbine: hire someone or assign someone whose entire job is versioning (and integration!). And probably rewrite the back end that deals with versioning (is there one?) and bug databases entirely. :/ I've never seen so many old (old old, years old) bugs work themselves back into updates as in Turbine games.

Has anyone checked whether dodge alone is granting proper dodge %? Or is it only when the two of these feats are granted together? I'm planning on taking dodge at the very least next TR (maybe).

I remade TR'd my character today, it has Dodge 3%, mobility 2%, monk 6%, Icy Raiment 8%, 3% from halfling racial, and 3% from ninja spy. along with 6% dodge cap increase from the same. and 3% from Epic Destiny GMOF.

in total, 28%. however, its only showing 26%.

Conversely, removing all 9% from enhancements/ed, leaves me at 19%, which is correct with this. adding 3% from ninja spy sets me at 21%.(for some reason.) then adding 3% from tempest puts me at 24%, then adding 3% from GMOF puts me at 28.

while if i tried to have Halfling, ninja spy, and tempest, total 9%, its only 5%(halfling and tempest don't stack, though one being a racial and one being class they should).

im all sorts of confused as to how buggy the dodge system is.

It might be a visual bug, since sometimes i get the 5% from having both, other times only 4%. Or it migth be broken in a really weird way
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

As of today this is still an issue. Any chance of an update or at least adding it to the known issues list?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radulanken View Post
    As of today this is still an issue. Any chance of an update or at least adding it to the known issues list?
    As of today a dev answered your question....

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-4#post5297397