Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Well, robes still have a minor advantage. You can swap them without waiting
    Lol, you have no idea how much I hate that swap time with Light armors. It's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Dont think i ever swaped shadowscale heh

Also wizza if you dont like the "look" just use cosmetics, they added mirror for a reason
    I just don't like the idea of it, nothing concerning the look or the power of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Updated with new stats, new gear, new spells, better DCs.

Only thing I'm missing is the Epic belt of thoughtful Remembrance and remake my Fire Thunderforged into a 100 Potency/22% Fire lore stick and then gear should be fine until the next attempt of an update.
    Last edited by Wizza; 12-28-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Acquired my belt finally, what a pain. The toon is finally done for the update, I think I've slotted everything and filled every augment I needed. I even slotted Fear Immunity and still have FOUR empty augments in my belt and litany. No idea what to put in there.

Hi, I got a completionist toon, working on epic completionist now... My idea was to do a pale master after I finish, but it seems you can get more than enough DCs as a sorc, and much more spell DPS than wizard, so in the end the character would be very better. So, I changed my mind and now I want to do a DC sorc. Well, I just saw your build and was wondering why not drow instead of human?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    Hi, I got a completionist toon, working on epic completionist now... My idea was to do a pale master after I finish, but it seems you can get more than enough DCs as a sorc, and much more spell DPS than wizard, so in the end the character would be very better. So, I changed my mind and now I want to do a DC sorc. Well, I just saw your build and was wondering why not drow instead of human?
    Mostly for three reasons:

1) I don't like their looks
    2) I don't really think you need those extra Charisma and I couldn't really fit with my very tight AP
    3) I like the extra feat and skills points

On the other side, if you can fit AP, build does not change much. The DC you lose from the feat lost will be gained through the extra Cha and skills points well..should have more than enough for Heal, UMD and Spellcraft which are the most important.

I'm about to TR my wizard into a sorc and was wondering how important you find quicken these days?
    It's a long time since my toon was a sorc but I remember using most spells without it.
    Is it possible to completely skip it or are there spells where you would say it's absolutely required to have quicken on?
    Fleshy sorc by the way for that matter.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

I'm about to TR my wizard into a sorc and was wondering how important you find quicken these days?
    It's a long time since my toon was a sorc but I remember using most spells without it.
    Is it possible to completely skip it or are there spells where you would say it's absolutely required to have quicken on?
    Fleshy sorc by the way for that matter.
    You saw the light finally.

I use it always on spells with a long casting animation and/or of vital importance, such as Otto's dance, Mind fog, Solid fog, Enervation, PW:S, Otto's Irres, Crushing Despair, Mass hold, Hellball. I only use it on nuke spells when I know that I absolutely can't avoid damage, say in the statue fight in EE HH, face tanking some easy bosses like golems in Fleshmakers.

I mostly zerg (and die zerging) and put a CC up, so not having quicken for Otto and Mind fog would suck for me. If you go non-enchantment route, I'd probably skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    You saw the light finally.

I use it always on spells with a long casting animation and/or of vital importance, such as Otto's dance, Mind fog, Solid fog, Enervation, PW:S, Otto's Irres, Crushing Despair, Mass hold, Hellball. I only use it on nuke spells when I know that I absolutely can't avoid damage, say in the statue fight in EE HH, face tanking some easy bosses like golems in Fleshmakers.

I mostly zerg (and die zerging) and put a CC up, so not having quicken for Otto and Mind fog would suck for me. If you go non-enchantment route, I'd probably skip it.
    Yea, I've actually done it now. Had my wizzy at cap for months and barely played the toon anymore. It's gotten kind of stale. Need something different.

Smashed my way through low levels to level 5 now.
    Really surprised how powerful the SLAs are now, I remember playing arcanes with an axe in very low levels (that was around U15) and always hated that, but burning hands, acid spray SLA with maximise/empower just one shots everything now.

My toon doesn't even have gear at this point (lowest item in TR cache is ML11, appearantly I left all my low level items on Thelanis, lol).

Good points on quicken. I think in the end it's probably worth more than having another DC in something secondary. I'll take it for now.

Yea, I've actually done it now. Had my wizzy at cap for months and barely played the toon anymore. It's gotten kind of stale. Need something different.

Smashed my way through low levels to level 5 now.
    Really surprised how powerful the SLAs are now, I remember playing arcanes with an axe in very low levels (that was around U15) and always hated that, but burning hands, acid spray SLA with maximise/empower just one shots everything now.

My toon doesn't even have gear at this point (lowest item in TR cache is ML11, appearantly I left all my low level items on Thelanis, lol).

Good points on quicken. I think in the end it's probably worth more than having another DC in something secondary. I'll take it for now.
    Yeah, I'm surprised when people talk bad about Sorcerer's SLAs. Lightning bolt is definetely a beast, hitting up to 2k+ when lucky and almost always multiple mobs. Get the Maximize, Empowered burning hands at level 1 and you win the game until Fireball. Then you win even more and never stop.

Don't forget the unsuppressed Vibrant Purple Ioun stone for Archmagi at level 5!

- Head: Epic Deific Diadem
    - Necklace: Epic Noxious Ember
    - Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
    - Cloak: GS +45 HP Gloves Mineral II (Heavy fort)
    - Belt: Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance
    - Ring1: Calitomes' Ring (+6 Charisma, +1 Exceptional Dex, 20% Heal amp)
    Ring1 Swap: EE Ring of the Djinni
    - Boots: Orcish Privateer's Boots
    - Gloves: Epic Fanged Gloves
    - Bracers: Dumathoin's Bracers (30 PRR, 45 Elemental Resistance, Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood)
    - Armor: Shadowscale Robe (+1 Profane DC, Blue slot: Vitality +20, Green slot: Topaz of Greater Enchantment)
    - Goggles: GS +6 Int skill, +4 Cha skills, Blindness Immunity
    - Ring2: Lantern Ring (Colorless slot: +8 STR, Green slot: +7 Int)
    - Main Hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Magnetism Spellpower, +6 Evocation DC, 22% Electric lore, Orange slot: Meridian Fragment)
    - Off-hand: Libram of Silver Magic
    What do you guys think about adding ToD set and/or 3pc abishai set? Not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    What do you guys think about adding ToD set and/or 3pc abishai set? Not worth it?
    I don't see a single spell in wizzas list that would benefit from abishai set. Highest MCL are chain lightining and DBF which are both capped at MCL 20.
    Abishai set doesn't raise MCL, does it?

Would the Draconic SLAs benefit from it? I know for energy burst it actually shows a higher CL with abishai set on, but I never tested if it actually does more damage.

ToD set is OK for 2% crit chance, but the belt is so hard to justify in that slot with the new belts from orchard.

I don't see a single spell in wizzas list that would benefit from abishai set. Highest MCL are chain lightining and DBF which are both capped at MCL 20.
    Abishai set doesn't raise MCL, does it?

Would the Draconic SLAs benefit from it? I know for energy burst it actually shows a higher CL with abishai set on, but I never tested if it actually does more damage.

ToD set is OK for 2% crit chance, but the belt is so hard to justify in that slot with the new belts from orchard.
    Yeah, 3pc abishai for burst and breath. I always assumed CL increases worked.

And what? TOD set doesn't add +2 MCL anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    And what? TOD set doesn't add +2 MCL anymore?
    OK, ToD sets...this is from memory, but I think that's how it is/was...

Originally they gave you crit. chance + crit. multiplier.
    However when you equipped the set (while being in the appropriate savant), what the buff bonus actually said was, that the set also increases your (M?)CL by two.
    I did tests on the CL thing years ago and found that it didn't do anything to your CL. The crit. chance and crit. multiplier however was what worked.

ToD sets now just give a plain 2% artifact bonus to crit. chance. So that stacks with everything else.
    Last edited by Eth; 02-06-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Oh wow, I just checked, you're right :/

By the way the second part of rahkir's ring does still work (requires to be in Archmage V).
    When I did my ERs as wizard the 2 CL augmentation buff would occasionally pop up when casting spells and it actually did increase spell levels.

I hope they add epic sets in epic amarath.
    Anyd about slas, only one i dont use later is schocking grasp.
    It is ok if you want to stack vulnerable on smthn but ligj bolt loop dot and ball are better for that.
    I really like how ball also adda 2 empyrian stacks but never knew if its wai

And happy you swaped to sorc eth.
    Youl see how much damage sorc cores and form add compared to wizzy when you cap
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 02-06-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    And happy you swaped to sorc eth.
    Youl see how much damage sorc cores and form add compared to wizzy when you cap
    I already capped my sorc and did 1 ER on top if it this week (lvl 27 as of now)
    To quote one of my guildies: "You still play that sorc like a friggin wizard, don't you?"
    I play in EA, Fire/Acid, Necro specced. DCs are actually close to wizard, but then you have shorter casting times, shorter cooldowns, more SP, no need for quicken on most spells, which makes it even cheaper...

And yea, nuking any huge HP meatbag is so easy where you would really struggle on a wiz.
    Caster levels, spellpower and the available SLAs make a huge difference in that regard.

Need to get used to playing without saves though.
    Blindness immunity, fear immunity seems to be necessary (don't have free slots though).
    Diseases all the time, bleh.
    Elemental form immunities help a lot though.
    Last edited by Eth; 02-06-2015 at 03:55 AM.

I already capped my sorc and did 1 ER on top if it this week (lvl 27 as of now)
    To quote one of my guildies: "You still play that sorc like a friggin wizard, don't you?"
    I play in EA, Fire/Acid, Necro specced. DCs are actually close to wizard, but then you have shorter casting times, shorter cooldowns, more SP, no need for quicken on most spells, which makes it even cheaper...

And yea, nuking any huge HP meatbag is so easy where you would really struggle on a wiz.
    Caster levels, spellpower and the available SLAs make a huge difference in that regard.

Need to get used to playing without saves though.
    Blindness immunity, fear immunity seems to be necessary (don't have free slots though).
    Diseases all the time, bleh.
    Elemental form immunities help a lot though.
    This is what my friend is doing as well. Play a Sorcerer like a Wizard, just being better. Wizard has no space in this game, as of the latest updates. Sorcerers can do everything Wizards can, and better. You play in EA, go full ****** on CHA and you have a 70 DC Necro/Enchant Sorcerer with half of the cooldown of Wizards, 50% more SP, Elemental form immunities, Wings and Boss damage.

I wonder how you haven't free slots honestly :P I even slotted Feather Fall and still have 1 avaible.

I wonder how you haven't free slots honestly :P I even slotted Feather Fall and still have 1 avaible.
    Head: Epic Diadem (Soul Gem, unupgraded)
    Neck: Epic Torc (+1 except. cha - for ERs)
    Trinket: Epic Litany (+Good Luck, 40 Sonic Resist)
    Cloak: 150 SP, +3 Resist, +6 Int skills GS
    Belt: Epic Thoughtful Rememberance (+2 Enchant, Globe)
    Boots: Orcish Privateer's Boots (Vitality) - swap: Sage's Shoes for webs, cloudkill, acid rain
    Gloves: PDK Gloves
    Bracers: Epic Inferno Bracers (+250 SP, +2 Necro)
    Armor: Thunderforged Medium Armor (Nimbleness, -15% ASF)
    Googles: EH Intricate +3 Cha (+2 Transmutation, +2 Int)
    Ring1: Guardian's Ring (+2 Evocation)
    Ring2: Lantern Ring (+2 Conjuration, free colorless)
    Weapon1: 100 Potency/+6 Evocation/17% Crit Kama (Meridian Fragment, free colorless)
    Weapon2: 150 Acid/+6 Necro/Eternal Scorching Orb (138 Force, free colorless)
    Weapon Swaps: Necro, Enchant, Transmutation 2-Handers
    Quiver: Quiver of Alacrity

So yea, could get 2 more yellows by doing a couple mods for upgrading diadem and by getting EE Intricates.

Will probably redo my TF, since I do have a Epic Noxious Embers (swap Bracers for Dumathoins and have a Ring slot free? Would give me 4 more yellows since Soul Gem and Sonic would be obsolete and 2 more from Embers). Torc proc doesn't really matter.

Not quite sure what TierI to craft on TF though.
    Magnetism if I want to try Fire/Air?
    Potency 100 is nice for Hellball...but could use the free ring slot for sages (only 8 potency less).
    Last edited by Eth; 02-06-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Im still not sold on noxious.
    Really prefer the prr neck.
    With the neck and a 20 amp ring i can survive purely on pots.
    Issue is i dont know what to drop cocoon for
    Since it is sense empyrian and enchant.
    Leaves me with a tier 1 slot but i really dont lnow what t1 to use for dps on a sorc.

Want to figure out what to swap once i get tme to play ddo again.
    Z stupid seasonal jobs sigh
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 02-06-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast