Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    After etring couple times as sorc, need to keep a note that i would swap feats a bit, first of all, get completionist in that list.
    2nd id prolly swap evoc feats for more enchant feats, would probably grab a bard plife as well.
    I hate lacking 3-4 dcs in horns on ee.
    So proly drop 2 evoc feats, have only 1 or none at all for guaranted holds while leveling to 28, those 3 dc in evoc dont make a difference compared to will save as they have massive reflex yet lower will.
    Speaking purely from etr perspective tho.
    Would prolly drop tod set as well, tried it and thinking the 2% crit isnt worth it compared to 2 slots it takes.

Gear wise, eidolon neck for ghostly, lantern ring with shorching ray and 2nd ring prolly a something of wizardry 10 or dodge as im using fot bracers for lore /20 heal skill/120 devotion /cocon crits for 250-300 = rly nice.
    Setup im using now:
    fot boots /slots/, char 3 helm, blue robe /shadow one is to high min lv and i tr as soon as i hit 28 anyways, gloves fot -yel slot and lore, bracers wind - yel slot and lore, trinket litany, cloack horns enchant dc one, rings- guardian and lantern once i pull /usualy a dodge 10, neck evoc 4 and 5 from wheloon /will be eidolon, googles hp gsteel, belt sp gsteel, weapons new crafted ones +random orbs and libram.

I know i had to use solid foq clickies and magister 10 reflex debuff + all druid stuff to land quake no fail, dc was around 90 or so.
    Cant get that high evoc no matter what i try as sorc , so id rather use a hold and bypass evasion that way.
    As a poster sugested to me, to grab mental toughnes line.
    That isnt that bad as well, drop whole evoc giberish, concentrate on massive sp and burst holds. For boss fights spam whatever, they melt anyways with dots and schoriching ray. (swaped to fire savant after new destin come out)
    There is no way in the world that I'm ever going to get Completionist. The same goes for the Bard PLife.
    The same goes for Mental Toughness Line. You want me to get rid of the ToD set for 2% crit chance but you are willing to spend THREE feats for a mere 3% and some SP?

That said, I've thought about swapping 1-2 Evoc focuses feat for Enchantment ones. Might be worth it. However, my holds/Ottos are landing really fine in Stormhorns in endgame. I'm rocking a 60 Ench buffed which is enough even for Assassins with debuffs or for anything else in SH.

I don't really see the point of FoT gloves nor boots. Gloves is my GS HP slot anyway, so that is not going to change while eTRing. FoT boots? Why? Why do you need so many slots? While leveling the only thing I want are better DCs, I don't really care about so many slots.

Why are you wearing the Eidolon's necklace for leveling? Just for Ghostly and +1 Con? Not worth it imho. EE Iron beads for 120 Electric SP and 16% Electric lore (+2 slots). ML 25.

I think Lantern ring only procs on the first ray of Scorching ray? Or on every ray? Is it amped by Light Spellpower?

All this being said, I'm back to Air/Fire with Wand and Scroll Mastery fixed and the new ED out. I will be playing in Divine Crusader for a long time, having a blast with it actually. Will update the OP as soon as I get my Epic Completionist (only 1 life away)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    There is no way in the world that I'm ever going to get Completionist. The same goes for the Bard PLife.
    The same goes for Mental Toughness Line. You want me to get rid of the ToD set for 2% crit chance but you are willing to spend THREE feats for a mere 3% and some SP?

That said, I've thought about swapping 1-2 Evoc focuses feat for Enchantment ones. Might be worth it. However, my holds/Ottos are landing really fine in Stormhorns in endgame. I'm rocking a 60 Ench buffed which is enough even for Assassins with debuffs or for anything else in SH.

I don't really see the point of FoT gloves nor boots. Gloves is my GS HP slot anyway, so that is not going to change while eTRing. FoT boots? Why? Why do you need so many slots? While leveling the only thing I want are better DCs, I don't really care about so many slots.

Why are you wearing the Eidolon's necklace for leveling? Just for Ghostly and +1 Con? Not worth it imho. EE Iron beads for 120 Electric SP and 16% Electric lore (+2 slots). ML 25.

I think Lantern ring only procs on the first ray of Scorching ray? Or on every ray? Is it amped by Light Spellpower?

All this being said, I'm back to Air/Fire with Wand and Scroll Mastery fixed and the new ED out. I will be playing in Divine Crusader for a long time, having a blast with it actually. Will update the OP as soon as I get my Epic Completionist (only 1 life away)
    Ghostly is worth it imo, and its 4 con upgraded, so its basicaly 2 more con over a insightful 2 con diamond.
    Gloves purely for the lore and slot since i have evoc in it sloted from druid life.
    For boots using those because i rly have no idea what else to use and got globe and con 7 sloted.
    boots slot is kinda, how to say, there is nothing i want here specificaly as sorc.
    Would be happy on some advice.
    Mental line was just a suggestion from a poster to me, id myself go with enchant full line + bard plife to get those blackguards in horns held as well.

Bdw hows new destiny working out with sorc?
    Need to prep sagas before i can etr into it.
    Assuming mass hold + that circle thing and the spell combo
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 04-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Ghostly is worth it imo, and its 4 con upgraded, so its basicaly 2 more con over a insightful 2 con diamond.
    Gloves purely for the lore and slot since i have evoc in it sloted from druid life.
    For boots using those because i rly have no idea what else to use and got globe and con 7 sloted.
    boots slot is kinda, how to say, there is nothing i want here specificaly as sorc.
    Would be happy on some advice.
    Mental line was just a suggestion from a poster to me, id myself go with enchant full line + bard plife to get those blackguards in horns held as well.

Bdw hows new destiny working out with sorc?
    Need to prep sagas before i can etr into it.
    Assuming mass hold + that circle thing and the spell combo
    Ghostly is really not useful when you are always displaced. And when you upgrade it, it becomes ML 28, so not really useful for eTRing. However, I'm still looking for a nice necklace for Endgame gear since Sage's necklace is going to be useless with the Thunderforged weapons.

Kundarak boots for perma Freedom of Movement or no idea. Still looking for a pair of boots myself as well.

The blackguards have a will save of over 9000 in my experience. Crushing Despair + Mind fog + 60 Ench DC is not enough so just EBurst them, no need to hold them at all.

New destiny is really nice. Consecrated ground is nice DPS/Healing, the core capstone is 50 extra SP, Empyrean magic is strong. Bombardment is kinda underwhelming, 100 SP for 1k dmg with 300 Spellpower at the moment (eTRing so no Fire gear on)

Ghostly is really not useful when you are always displaced. And when you upgrade it, it becomes ML 28, so not really useful for eTRing. However, I'm still looking for a nice necklace for Endgame gear since Sage's necklace is going to be useless with the Thunderforged weapons.

Kundarak boots for perma Freedom of Movement or no idea. Still looking for a pair of boots myself as well.

The blackguards have a will save of over 9000 in my experience. Crushing Despair + Mind fog + 60 Ench DC is not enough so just EBurst them, no need to hold them at all.

New destiny is really nice. Consecrated ground is nice DPS/Healing, the core capstone is 50 extra SP, Empyrean magic is strong. Bombardment is kinda underwhelming, 100 SP for 1k dmg with 300 Spellpower at the moment (eTRing so no Fire gear on)
    Eido neck stays 26.
    Ghostly stacks with displace.
    With fom pots kundarak boots are .. Well, not so good anymore
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 04-07-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Eido neck stays 26.
    Weird, libram goes to 28. I still think Iron Beads > Eido

Ghostly stacks with displace.
    Yeah but ON TOP of displace it is only a small chance of getting missed if you do the math.

With fom pots kundarak boots are .. Well, not so good anymore
    Good enough for me, for when you die/shrine/you want to use DW pot/etc

Yeah but ON TOP of displace it is only a small chance of getting missed if you do the math.
    Whether you have displace or not, the effect of Ghostly is to eliminate 10% of the hits you would otherwise take. It's true that that's more hits in net terms if you don't have displace running, but no matter what it's a 10% reduction in the incoming physical damage you would receive without some source of incorporeality -- to me, that's definitely valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Weird, libram goes to 28. I still think Iron Beads > Eido

Good enough for me, for when you die/shrine/you want to use DW pot/etc
    Libram stays 26, same like all gear in hh when upgraded.
    Why would you say no to more defense?
    As fleshie sorcs we need all we can get.
    Iron beads is horrible imo, 120 spp and 16 % lore with a slot.
    A new crafred weapon has 150 spp at lv 24 with a slot for a secondary element.
    Bracers of wind have 16% lore. Why say no to ghostly 4 con 4 dex deathblock a slot and a neat summon for a item that gives you no benefit? Try to slot it in, moar hp = less chance to die

Libram stays 26, same like all gear in hh when upgraded.
    Why would you say no to more defense?
    As fleshie sorcs we need all we can get.
    Iron beads is horrible imo, 120 spp and 16 % lore with a slot.
    A new crafred weapon has 150 spp at lv 24 with a slot for a secondary element.
    Bracers of wind have 16% lore. Why say no to ghostly 4 con 4 dex deathblock a slot and a neat summon for a item that gives you no benefit? Try to slot it in, moar hp = less chance to die
    I don't say no to more defense. I say no to wasting a whole inventory slot for just Ghostly and 28 HP when I have already 900 of them buffed.

Oh actually, now that I remember, Shadowscale robe non-upgraded has ghostly already. There you go.

As for the weapons, you have a point. If you can be bothered to craft ML24 150 Spellpower thunder-forged weapon, then use it with Bracers of the wind for the lore and no Iron Beads. I can't bothered to craft another weapon for eTR when I can just equip Iron Beads and be done with my main element. Those 30 Spellpower difference will not make a difference to me when I can eTR in a couple of days.

I don't say no to more defense. I say no to wasting a whole inventory slot for just Ghostly and 28 HP when I have already 900 of them buffed.

Oh actually, now that I remember, Shadowscale robe non-upgraded has ghostly already. There you go.

As for the weapons, you have a point. If you can be bothered to craft ML24 150 Spellpower thunder-forged weapon, then use it with Bracers of the wind for the lore and no Iron Beads. I can't bothered to craft another weapon for eTR when I can just equip Iron Beads and be done with my main element. Those 30 Spellpower difference will not make a difference to me when I can eTR in a couple of days.
    lv 26 version of shadowscale doesnt offer much compared to blue set imo.

lv 26 version of shadowscale doesnt offer much compared to blue set imo.
    Blue robe offers what? 15 Spellpower? That's it. Not a huge deal in any case.

Still, while leveling, it does not really matter. You could go with Eidolons necklace if you really like the +2 con, I'll pick Sage's necklace for my Evocation and 15 Spellcraft.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Faaaaaarrrrrt, Teach me how to cast magic!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Lantern ring is a funny thing. The proc gets amplified by radiance and radiance crit. chance, which are both on the ring, so it amplifies itself.
    The proc works on every spell, not only damaging spells (even holds, hypno) and it is a guaranteed proc. But it's only one proc per spell cast.
    It's worth trying it out and not hard to justify imo, since it comes with 2 slots, which can be useful.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Lantern ring is a funny thing. The proc gets amplified by radiance and radiance crit. chance, which are both on the ring, so it amplifies itself.
    The proc works on every spell, not only damaging spells (even holds, hypno) and it is a guaranteed proc. But it's only one proc per spell cast.
    It's worth trying it out and not hard to justify imo, since it comes with 2 slots, which can be useful.
    Does Lantern ring give stack of Empyrean Fervor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Does Lantern ring give stack of Empyrean Fervor?
    This is a realy good question, il assume no but will test in a day or 2.

This is a realy good question, il assume no but will test in a day or 2.
    I'll assume no too, but haven't tested it yet...if yes and WAI it's a must have, but I'm pretty sure It won't give stack.
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 04-08-2014 at 08:36 AM.

I'll assume no too, but haven't tested it yet...if yes and WAI it's a must have, but I'm pretty sure It won't give stack.
    Sadly the answer is no.
    But lantern ring is still realy good on any caster.
    For example i have 3 sun elf plifes that give me 30 light spp.
    Currently im sitting with lantern ring nonupgraded and blue set and 20 alchemical pot at 397 light spp. (will be a bit over 400 at 28 heh)

Saw couple 300 damage crits from it.
    Would say a must have.
    Oh on sidenote, crusader is extra fun on sorc. I always had some kind issue with selfheal in messy situations,
    Changed gear a bit and enchas to grab more heal amp.
    Currently consecration is hitting me for 205 hp per tick.
    Considering that i can cc everything around me beside couple high will save mobs id say this destiny is full of win for sorcs.
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 04-09-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Sadly the answer is no.
    But lantern ring is still realy good on any caster.
    For example i have 3 sun elf plifes that give me 30 light spp.
    Currently im sitting with lantern ring nonupgraded and blue set and 20 alchemical pot at 397 light spp. (will be a bit over 400 at 28 heh)

Saw couple 300 damage crits from it.
    Would say a must have.
    Oh on sidenote, crusader is extra fun on sorc. I always had some kind issue with selfheal in messy situations,
    Changed gear a bit and enchas to grab more heal amp.
    Currently consecration is hitting me for 205 hp per tick.
    Considering that i can cc everything around me beside couple high will save mobs id say this destiny is full of win for sorcs.
    Thanks for the test m8.

I capped the destiny yesterday, and as well I can say is pretty powerful for a sorc.

The only thing I really miss from draconic is CL and breath.

I also established that from now on, sentinel will be my destiny on deathwyrm and double dragon raid, where I do need way more survivability, need to give up solme dps, but it's better less dps then dead meat.

In sentinel I go over 1k hp with my sorc, and I can heal myself with cocoon and renewal. Both cheap and fast. And again it gives me the ability to absorb 30% of elemental damage while block...I know is not that useful because it's just on block...but nice to have sometime, like if you have 2-3 dots running.

If you can hide and block you ignore most of the damage.
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 04-10-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Thanks for the test m8.

I capped the destiny yesterday, and as well I can say is pretty powerful for a sorc.

The only thing I really miss from draconic is CL and breath.

I also established that from now on, sentinel will be my destiny on deathwyrm and double dragon raid, where I do need way more survivability, need to give up solme dps, but it's better less dps then dead meat.

In sentinel I go over 1k hp with my sorc, and I can heal myself with cocoon and renewal. Both cheap and fast. And again it gives me the ability to absorb 30% of elemental damage while block...I know is not that useful because it's just on block...but nice to have sometime, like if you have 2-3 dots running.

If you can hide and block you ignore most of the damage.
    Can't see why you have to be in sentinel for those raids, even on EE. In deathwyrm, you are probably on trash/deathlord duty and the only thing that can actually hurt you is disintegrate. However, if you keep moving like you are supposed to do as a caster, you rarely get hit by it and even if you get hit once in a while, cocoon should be enough to bring you to full hp. Last time I did EE Deathwyrm, only died once in the raid and it was because I kited the Kuldjarg close to the dragon when he was breathing. Never had a problem with dots in there.

In the double dragon raid, maybe it is a good idea, maybe not. I'm not a fan of being in a destiny just for the HP. I'd rather just get those 9 Primal past lifes for 99 extra HP and 9 Arcane PL for 9% Absorption.

As for the new destiny, I've been playing with it for almost a week now and here are my results: it is a niche destiny IMHO but after a couple of quests you will really start feeling the loss of those 8 CLs on your burst and 3 MCL on your spells. I also miss Dragon Breath. Bombardment, which has an awesome animation so I just cast it whenever it is off cooldown, is nowhere near as good as Burst. The SP cost is way too high, the casting time is kinda long, the cooldown is too long and the damage is also low. ALso, if a mob moves, you miss it and can't do anything about it.

On the other hand, Consecration makes for some nice damage and some nice healing. Aura of Purification with Castigation is also nice damage. I've seen it do like 1k damage many times and I loved it. However, the 25d6 bane damage that is supposed to do on bosses (and not working at the moment) is just too low for me.

I've also got Epic Completionist and I'm capping my last life for the moment. I'll play a bit at cap, update the OP with Air/Fire spec, new twists, better gear (fire stick mostly and lantern ring somehow) and new enhancements.

Still not sure what to go for with twists.

Cocoon and Enchantment twists are almost a given. Same goes for Empyrean Magic. Thinking about Consecration (I hate the fact that it is casted on yourself and can't be casted on targeted mobs), Fey Form, Echoes of Ancestor, 30 Fire Spellpower, Soundburst.

Can't see why you have to be in sentinel for those raids, even on EE. In deathwyrm, you are probably on trash/deathlord duty and the only thing that can actually hurt you is disintegrate. However, if you keep moving like you are supposed to do as a caster, you rarely get hit by it and even if you get hit once in a while, cocoon should be enough to bring you to full hp. Last time I did EE Deathwyrm, only died once in the raid and it was because I kited the Kuldjarg close to the dragon when he was breathing. Never had a problem with dots in there.

In the double dragon raid, maybe it is a good idea, maybe not. I'm not a fan of being in a destiny just for the HP. I'd rather just get those 9 Primal past lifes for 99 extra HP and 9 Arcane PL for 9% Absorption.

As for the new destiny, I've been playing with it for almost a week now and here are my results: it is a niche destiny IMHO but after a couple of quests you will really start feeling the loss of those 8 CLs on your burst and 3 MCL on your spells. I also miss Dragon Breath. Bombardment, which has an awesome animation so I just cast it whenever it is off cooldown, is nowhere near as good as Burst. The SP cost is way too high, the casting time is kinda long, the cooldown is too long and the damage is also low. ALso, if a mob moves, you miss it and can't do anything about it.

On the other hand, Consecration makes for some nice damage and some nice healing. Aura of Purification with Castigation is also nice damage. I've seen it do like 1k damage many times and I loved it. However, the 25d6 bane damage that is supposed to do on bosses (and not working at the moment) is just too low for me.

I've also got Epic Completionist and I'm capping my last life for the moment. I'll play a bit at cap, update the OP with Air/Fire spec, new twists, better gear (fire stick mostly and lantern ring somehow) and new enhancements.

Cocoon and Enchantment twists are almost a given. Same goes for Empyrean Magic. Thinking about Consecration (I hate the fact that it is casted on yourself and can't be casted on targeted mobs), Fey Form, Echoes of Ancestor, 30 Fire Spellpower, Soundburst.
    Now go get regular completionist- benefits are nice to a sorc.
    Can also add sense weaknes in that list, 1 shot hold burst ftw.
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 04-10-2014 at 07:37 AM.

it's just because I still don't know the raid well, jut did it 2 times and I don't have your skill, still working on it tho Another thing is that those mob at final battle on dethwyrm give me slow, and often there is the bloody hell dungeon alert, so for me just cocoon wasn't enough. Maybe with more runs I will do better and just with cocoon.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast