Thread: Bad .dmg file

Default Bad .dmg file

I downloaded the Mac client (~many hours), and the resultant .dmg file can't be opened via double-click, or the disk utility.

So, I'm trying a second time. Estimated download time = 1 day.

Any other, higher speed location to download? (you'd think the Akamai servers would be faster).

Or, any idea as to why its a bad download?

Community Member

I've been having the same problem, downloaded 3 times (download takes about an hour)

Very strange

I'll keep an eye out for ya

Default Signature

Probably you are working on mountain lion. Each app needs to be signed with a known valid developersignature. Without that signature your app isn't safe for OSX. You can disable this in preferences.

Problem here is that they probably changed the app AFTER signing it. That way their included signature is now invalid and the OS thinks the app is damaged.

I am sure of that because I tested the signature

So @ the developers: don't ever change your app again after signing it, this is the problem. You may however resign your app after a change to an already changed app. It just gives a warning that it will replace the current signature.

@ the others: 1) open your applications folder in finder
    2) rightclick on DNDLauncher.app
    3) "Show Package Contents"
    4) Remove the folder "_CodeSignature"
    5) To play and test: temporary disable the signature checking in System Preferences
    => Security And Privacy => Allow Applications downloaded from "Anywhere"
    6) After starting once => Allow Applications downloaded from "Mac App Store And Identified Developers"

Community Member

Perfect, man, cheers. I don't know a lot about macs and I haven't had time to dig around the internet recently

Thanks again!