Thread: Druid Questions

Default Druid Questions

Does animal form rely on Wisdom for damage or does it rely on STR?
    Cause i noticed that the wolf abilities are all DC+Wis mod.

What would be a good splash for a caster-based druid?

And what would be a good splash for a melee-based druid?

When in animal forms would you do more dmg if you were using a two handed weapon?

Do the enchantments from your shields transfer over to your forms?

Ill post more questions when i need some to be answered x3

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwafflez View Post
    Does animal form rely on Wisdom for damage or does it rely on STR?
    Cause i noticed that the wolf abilities are all DC+Wis mod. Wolf abilities require a high wisdom for their saves. Bears have some wisdom based abilities, but you are planning on only bear dps, it's safe to min max str/con imo.

What would be a good splash for a caster-based druid? N/A. Stay pure.

And what would be a good splash for a melee-based druid? Half-Elf with Rogue Dilly, and Monk splash for Wolf-type. Fighter, Barbarian, Monk, etc, etc for Bear-type.

When in animal forms would you do more dmg if you were using a two handed weapon? Your damage from from your held weapon does not matter if you are in beast mode. Each form gets set dice. Wolf does d6, Winter Wolf does d10, Bear does d8, Dire Bear does d12.

Do the enchantments from your shields transfer over to your forms? Yes, but not offensive pre/suffixes. Guard effects work. (i.e. a +2 Holy Wooden Buckler would not grant the additional +2d6 holy damage to your attacks.)

Ill post more questions when i need some to be answered x3 You do that!
    Replies in red.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:14 PM.

For a good caster druid, you want to splash 20 sorc.

What would be a good race and what starting stats should i go with for that Druid/monk splash, And should i go with atleast 3 monk for the Fists of light? :O

I have every race unlocked except for Drow and i only have 28pt ^^

Community Member

Monk Dilli and Monk levels might break your animal form damage range, so other classes might be better choices unless you want the monk forms/feats on your character more then your original damage in animal form.

And what would be a good splash for a melee-based druid?
    There's this build here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385905

If you wanted 3 monk, you could go 17/3 and that would give you both elemental forms. You lose 2 feats but could survive without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Ill definetly look into that build

And kinda off topic:
    Heighten Spell, It says it raises the spell level, so does it increase the dmg of offensive spells? O.o
    And does it raise the AC bonus on barkskin and things like that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    this is the truth caster druids are the biggest trash there is... i capped one 3rd life and i just log in for 5 minutes and then get depressed looking at the class and log off again..

and yes this is with 3 x pl sorc 1x pl cleric and with epic conjuration focus item greater evocation item 42 wisdom

its just a trash class.. as far as casters are concerned..

Heighten Spell, It says it raises the spell level, so does it increase the dmg of offensive spells? O.o
    And does it raise the AC bonus on barkskin and things like that?
    Heighten just raises the DC of spells. So it makes spells with saves harder to save against.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    this is the truth caster druids are the biggest trash there is... i capped one 3rd life and i just log in for 5 minutes and then get depressed looking at the class and log off again..

and yes this is with 3 x pl sorc 1x pl cleric and with epic conjuration focus item greater evocation item 42 wisdom

its just a trash class.. as far as casters are concerned..
    I'll have to disagree here. My caster druid is a machine. I reguarly pull agrro from the biggest and baddest of the group, the Earthquake CC is absolutely fantastic, Greater Creeping cold is wonderful. Flame blades are based on wisdom for to-hit/damage so in a pinch you can still melee with no fear of missing. I can self heal effortlessly with 0 UMD. Throw in shiradi champion and laugh yourself to pieces. Joy of the Queen FTW! And This is from a guy who also has x3 sorc past lives so i know how they can be powerful too.

I'm not sure how you managed to gimp your druid but mine is fantastic. Oceann of agro.
    Last edited by Syllph; 07-31-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    I'll have to disagree here. My caster druid is a machine. I reguarly pull agrro from the biggest and baddest of the group, the Earthquake CC is absolutely fantastic, Greater Creeping cold is wonderful. Flame blades are based on wisdom for to-hit/damage so in a pinch you can still melee with no fear of missing. I can self heal effortlessly with 0 UMD. Throw in shiradi champion and laugh yourself to pieces. Joy of the Queen FTW! And This is from a guy who also has x3 sorc past lives so i know how they can be powerful too.

I'm not sure how you managed to gimp your druid but mine is fantastic. Oceann of agro.
    theres hardly any way you can build your caster druid wrong so no it's not a matter of builds.. its just the whole class that sucks.. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    theres hardly any way you can build your caster druid wrong so no it's not a matter of builds.. its just the whole class that sucks.. nuff said.
    Meh, suit yourself. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Lol, I totally agree.

Bear does not require wisdom for anything, does not even require level 9 spells.

Wolf requires wisdom for form spells.

Bear go strength and con
    Wolf... well wolf sucks at end game, the damage from fire if you do not have evasion = 1 shot you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran1 View Post
    Wolf... well wolf sucks at end game, the damage from fire if you do not have evasion = 1 shot you die.
    This is the second time I've seen you mention that Wolf form takes extra damage from fire. You do realize that you've completely made that fact up, right?
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran1 View Post
    Bear does not require wisdom for anything, does not even require level 9 spells.

Wolf requires wisdom for form spells.
    Bear spells have wisdom-based DCs as well.

As do spells like Storm of Vengeance.