Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Alchemical handwraps broken...

Ok, so I finally found myself some alchemical handwraps. When I put them on (as blanks), I lose +7 to-hit. Yup, I go from +40 to +33.

I fiddled around with gear, can't seem to understand why this is, for example, if I take off my epic spectrals (+4), I go down to +31, if I put them back, +35. But it's still not anywhere near the +40 I get from any other +5 wraps. Even naked, I don't get as much bonus to-hit with alchemical wraps than normal wraps.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and suppose the enhancement is not taken into account (again), and that the flurry of blows bonus is somehow not calculated, even if i AM centered.

Toss monks a bone, they've been broken for more than 3 years now...

EDIT: Seems it's the enchantment bonus that's not being apply, and a competence bonus that's not stacking properly (Stacking with what if the "+" isn't used in the first? No idea, but it ain't applied right)
    Last edited by Ovrad; 09-26-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Toss monks a bone, they've been broken for more than 3 years now...
    Here's your bone...they just announced that the hot fix next week will nerf mabar handwraps, that way everyone that crafts a super easy to make ML 12 triple positive greensteel weapon can out dps you on undead. And they wont' just out dps you at lvl 20 when you have your epic handwraps, they will out dps you all the way from lvl 12 to lvl 20.

Oh yeah, and they are quote on quote "fixing the enhancement to hit bug", but if its anything like the last year they will take one step forward and two steps backwards on monks.

The amount of not-surprised I have right now could fill an ocean.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    The amount of not-surprised I have right now could fill an ocean.
    This. My monk might eventually have gear that doesn't suck.
    Khyber is my home

Aishana(TRx2)/Cyrgren/Elrianna/Imsu/Lyrina/Serrisa(TR)/Shautha

So really....

when they make these handwraps I'm certain someone in charge said, Ah now the monks will be happy. Then some other guy says hey maybe we should test them out? You know wear them once? Maybe upgrade them and see if they work? Guy up top says, no too much testing involved. We'd have to make a guy, put the wraps on... that would take minutes.

Really, I'm very disappointed in Turbine.

YAY yet another bug with craftable handwarps...
    It probably would be much better for them just to develop entierly new handwarps from scratch, because these are too much fail causing...

Community Member

the devs HATE monks,,, FACT-*

-*may not be true-**

-**but probably is
    Last edited by Eme; 09-25-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Ahh probably found why you loose 7 to hit...
    Well first of all craftable handwarps dont receive bonus TO HIT from their enchancment (that is 5).
    You also probably wearing +2 Attack item (spectral gloves / shimmering arrowhead) and this item DO NOT work with handwarps. BTW this same issue have Frenzied berserker set damage bonus (it dont add to craftable handwarps)...
    EDIT: now I get it it is even funnier. this +2 from attack item was known issue even pre u11. To retrive bonus you have to unequip and equip one more time your attack bonus item... how lame...
    Last edited by andbr22; 09-25-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Community Member

A friend and myself just tested this yesterday and reported a thorough bug explaining what's happening. Basically, your gear's bonus (to-hit and damage) will not properly stack with both Cannith and Alchemical Handwraps. Here's a little example explaining what you're experiencing:

Your +33 to-hit you speak of is your to-hit with just a Strength item. This accounts for feats, past lives, full BAB and Strength item. Substitute Strength for Dexterity if you use Weapon Finesse.

Take off all your gear that gives you "Exceptional" or "Profane" or "Competence" bonus and the above value should be what you're looking at. This number is accurate. It is not a display error. Attack a monster will result in a +33 attack bonus.

Once naked, if you apply your Handwraps, you should gain the +5 Enhancement Bonus. This puts you at +38 to-hit.

If you then apply your Epic Spectral Gloves, this now changes to +37 to-hit. Basically, the Competence bonus overwrites the Enhancement bonus of your handwraps.

If you now equip the Shintao set (+2 to-hit / damage), the previous value changes from +37 to +35 to-hit. At this point, re-equipping the Alchemical Handwraps should change the value back to +38 to-hit.

We actually found several bugs related to Handwraps and reported them. Unfortunately I'm not willing to go re-produce or check my notes and give you a more detailed explanation (or accurate), but you get the point. They claim to have fixed "Competence stacking with Enhancement" but I have no idea what that means. You can expect Handwraps to be equally broken in this next update as usual. A Dev comment is unlikely as usual.

Well
    A)
    Who cares there plain +5 wraps.

B)
    I thiink everyone will be shocked if any of the effects added onto handwraps work, thats what you really need to be worried about.

If they do work, something very serious happened.. And probably all-non wrap alchemical weapons will be broken.

PS:
    It's not just monk, the Alchemical Greataxe and greatsword had some really weird looking visual effect bugs. Kookie mentioned they know about it, but we wont know if its fixed tell we craft one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    PS:
    It's not just monk, the Alchemical Greataxe and greatsword had some really weird looking visual effect bugs. Kookie mentioned they know about it, but we wont know if its fixed tell we craft one.
    But at least they work right, I assume? It's not an issue of appearance with the handwraps (fact is, you can't see them); it's an issue of them not working properly.
    Khyber is my home

Aishana(TRx2)/Cyrgren/Elrianna/Imsu/Lyrina/Serrisa(TR)/Shautha

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by perylousdemon View Post
    But at least they work right, I assume? It's not an issue of appearance with the handwraps (fact is, you can't see them); it's an issue of them not working properly.
    Not to mention it's an issue with both Alchemical and Cannith Handwraps; An issue so severe that both types of Handwraps are utterly useless. I would trade this bug for ugly visual effects any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    A)
    Who cares there plain +5 wraps.
    Obviously if the base item don't work, there's a VERY high chance upgraded wraps won't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Obviously if the base item don't work, there's a VERY high chance upgraded wraps won't work either.
    I'd bet it's near-guarenteed chance that the upgrades wont work. Even if the plus did work.

Yay for Quality Assurance again!

What happened to the "not on MY watch" deal again? Oh yeah, it doesn't matter. I'm really sick of needing every buff in the game to hit something with my monk because my gear doesn't work. This isn't asking for a lot, it's asking for the game to work as intendend.

What ever happened to the idea of take as long as it takes to make it right, and THEN release it? Instead, DDO blazed ahead and continues to be a joke among players and people who are unwilling to play the game because of its unreliable nature.

The most common question when a new "update" or "fix" comes out: What did they break now?

/Shameless self-bump in the hopes of a dev response

Any word if this will be included in the hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Here's your bone...they just announced that the hot fix next week will nerf mabar handwraps, that way everyone that crafts a super easy to make ML 12 triple positive greensteel weapon can out dps you on undead. And they wont' just out dps you at lvl 20 when you have your epic handwraps, they will out dps you all the way from lvl 12 to lvl 20.

Oh yeah, and they are quote on quote "fixing the enhancement to hit bug", but if its anything like the last year they will take one step forward and two steps backwards on monks.
    It is sad that "Epic" min level 20 items are subpar compared to level 12 Greensteel.
    Think I should change my monk's name to Ben Dover....

The upcoming "fix" to the rare event "Epic" wraps of eternal light will been dimmed making them less than epic.
    (rare in the sense that it is an non-guaranteed annual event for BTC items so there is a limited window of opportunity to farm/build these items). It is a retroactive change affecting all previous versions.

Lower level non-epic version is comparable to crafted items that nearly anyone can make anytime.

Looks like the Greensteel 3x pos quarterstaff or a pair of kama's is back in and handwraps can collect dust in the bank.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

and what realy makes me laugh is turbine are taking EPIC wraps that are only any good vs undead, nerfing then so they will be totaly useless less use then a ml 14 gs triple possi kama.

In the same stroke have you seen the new epic chimeras fang

As to turbine breaking wraps whats new they still havnt fixed the mess of U9, so what are the chances of them fixing the mess of U11 anytime before U15 or so by wich time star wars will be out

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    The most common question when a new "update" or "fix" comes out: What did they break now?
    The first thing I do when I get on the test server for the first time when a new release is previewed is to get on my main toons and check to see what's nerfed/broken. I really don't mean that in a negative way. It's is a bit sad though, when I can't get excited for new content and features until I know my current toons are working properly. In an ideal situation, I should be excited to preview all the new features, but lately my focus is simply on trying to keep what I already have working.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I am shocked...okay not really. This was expected as Turbine frankly has about as poor a record with QA and handwraps as possible. They release broken stuff all the time with handwraps and when they fix something with one type of handwrap they generally just mess up another type.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast