Default When there is a problem with a sale

Dear Turbine store staff:

When there's a problem with a sale, such as the code from yesterday that didn't work, would you please inform the customers as to the steps to be taken?

I would have bought several green armor kits but I wasn't sure if I should:

1. Buy them then request a refund for the extra points of the "invalid" code that didn't apply
    2. Write and request that these items be bought for certain characters at the sale price, is there a specific way to make that request?
    3. ???
    4. Profit for you!

A little communication goes a long way.

Now I did write in to customer support about the issue and just got a confusing reply that it was being looked into. Should I have bought the items then requested a refund? I don't know. Help?

As it is now, I didn't buy them and don't know if I will be able to buy them at the advertised sale price because I didn't buy them despite the code not working.

What is the proceedure that customers should follow to get their purchases when there's a problem with the store? Things like this really make me unhappy to be a customer and have spent money in your store. And all it is, is a communication issue. I'm trying to make a purchase here!
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

DDO Store

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Dear Turbine store staff:

When there's a problem with a sale, such as the code from yesterday that didn't work, would you please inform the customers as to the steps to be taken?

I would have bought several green armor kits but I wasn't sure if I should:

1. Buy them then request a refund for the extra points of the "invalid" code that didn't apply
    2. Write and request that these items be bought for certain characters at the sale price, is there a specific way to make that request?
    3. ???
    4. Profit for you!

A little communication goes a long way.

Now I did write in to customer support about the issue and just got a confusing reply that it was being looked into. Should I have bought the items then requested a refund? I don't know. Help?

As it is now, I didn't buy them and don't know if I will be able to buy them at the advertised sale price because I didn't buy them despite the code not working.

What is the proceedure that customers should follow to get their purchases when there's a problem with the store? Things like this really make me unhappy to be a customer and have spent money in your store. And all it is, is a communication issue. I'm trying to make a purchase here!
    Hi Irinis, thanks for the feedback.

If a promotion is not working, I do not recommend buying at full price and then requesting a refund. It is much better to wait until we resolve the problem.

When in doubt, your best course of action is to contact in-game support and follow their instructions, or come to these forums and ask. We are extra-attentive when we are aware of issues.

In this instance we have extended the sale through tonight so you should be able to use the coupon this very minute.

Again, our apologies for the problems yesterday, and thanks for your feedback.

-QMM

Thanks mate. Just to reiterate, it would be awesome if you could edit the original post about the sale to state that you're aware of the problem and working on a solution, and to stand by, then edit it again when fixed. Would help a lot if things like this come up again. Bugs happen.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Community Member

Default in response

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterM View Post
    Hi Irinis, thanks for the feedback.

If a promotion is not working, I do not recommend buying at full price and then requesting a refund. It is much better to wait until we resolve the problem.

When in doubt, your best course of action is to contact in-game support and follow their instructions, or come to these forums and ask. We are extra-attentive when we are aware of issues.

In this instance we have extended the sale through tonight so you should be able to use the coupon this very minute.

Again, our apologies for the problems yesterday, and thanks for your feedback.

-QMM
    When it's a promotional sale that lasts for 24 hours and we can't expect the team to get back to us before 5-6 days what's the point in contacting them?

Thanks for the quick response, I was also having problems with the code. It would be nice to put the new instructions up on the splash screen, or in the original forum post, so that folks know what to do.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled