Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Mabar Ban Problems

Last night, some DDO players received erroneous temporary suspensions or warnings regarding an exploit. Due to a technical issue in our exploit suspension process some players participating in the Mabar festival event were incorrectly notified of a rules violation. Any accounts that were temporarily banned as a result of this issue will have their account access restored and will be credited 100 Turbine Points. Any accounts that received warnings will have those warnings removed from their record.

This error was an isolated incident and should have no further impact for any DDO players. As always, we welcome player feedback on all aspects of DDO and continually seek to improve the quality of the service we provide to players.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the issue.

Community Member

100TP? Really?

Awesome! Thanks!!
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

There is your long awaited appology. Turbine is fessing up and doing the right thing, like I knew they would. Too many people wanting their pound of flesh, not willing to just wait and let Turbine fix the problem.

Mistakes happen, lets get on to some happy gaming.

Good Job Turbine.
    Last edited by kinggartk; 11-10-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Thank you for the info!

How about those of us who weren't banned, but had no one to group with last night due to everyone getting banned? Do we get 100 points too?

Whoooo!!!

See guys? Turbine response. A PROPER response too.

Hope to see most if not all of everyone back into the game soon.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

can we have our characters put on the right subs while you are at it :P
    Last edited by darthtidgit; 11-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    ....................................ARE WE THERE YET?
    The Non Phesant Pluckers, Aureon, Keeper: slip, chianna, cheerie, nightnurse, ooolana, cypress

Well, at least you came clean and admitted your mistakes. But a quick question just to verify things:

If you were banned on accident, would the offense be wiped from your account in addition to the TP compensation?

Edit: And yes, I will have no doubt that I will be attending the Mabar event again if it was just a 'technical' problem with the ban system. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, and hopefully no bugs or exploits emerge from the event. By the way, just a yes/no question(No need to go into detail), was there REALLY an exploit in the Mabar event or was it just a overreaction by the technical system?
    Last edited by knightgf; 11-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Community Member

So how many days will it take the wrongly accused/sanctioned to get their accounts reactivated?

November 10th, 2010

Faced with internal pressure of cutting IT cost and overwhelmed game servers, Turbine Inc. came up with another innovative method to increase their profit margin and reduce server loads at the same time.

This time, through an "live event" with promising in-game rewards, Turbine was able to gather information on which account was most active during the event, and thus contributing to the most server loads. Combined with information regarding the account's financial transaction history, Turbine was able to "eliminate" accounts with least contribution to Turbine's revenue and most contribution to game server's load.

The elimination of these accounts will no doubt greatly reduce the lag in game and make no significant reduction in Turbine's revenue. This is a quite innovative approach and should be studied within the Micro-Transaction MMO industry.

Of course, as with all software bugs, gathering of these account may introduce unintended effects. Some very small amount of accounts which were actually actively contributing to Turbine's revenue were also marked for elimination. Turbine will surely be able to identify these very isolated incidents and compensate individually.

In Turbine's view, the most profitable accounts are players who are new, and is willing to spend the equivalent of $3 to get through a 15-minute quest via the purchase of consumable such as spirit cakes, potions, hirelings, anti-beholder crystal, etc. Turbine will no doubt continue to increase the player base of this high profit margin category.

Through this event, it can be seen Turbine's DDO is wildly popular. We highly encourage new players to try this GREAT game.

Dang! I wasn't banned or warned! Darn the luck!!

Toss is another week of 25% XP and people will even be thankful

Quote Originally Posted by dogpig00 View Post
    November 10th, 2010

Faced with internal pressure of cutting IT cost and overwhelmed game servers, Turbine Inc. came up with another innovative method to increase their profit margin and reduce server loads at the same time.

This time, through an "live event" with promising in-game rewards, Turbine was able to gather information on which account was most active during the event, and thus contributing to the most server loads. Combined with information regarding the account's financial transaction history, Turbine was able to "eliminate" accounts with least contribution to Turbine's revenue and most contribution to game server's load.

The elimination of these accounts will no doubt greatly reduce the lag in game and make no significant reduction in Turbine's revenue. This is a quite innovative approach and should be studied within the Micro-Transaction MMO industry.

Of course, as with all software bugs, gathering of these account may introduce unintended effects. Some very small amount of accounts which were actually actively contributing to Turbine's revenue were also marked for elimination. Turbine will surely be able to identify these very isolated incidents and compensate individually.

In Turbine's view, the most profitable accounts are players who are new, and is willing to spend the equivalent of $3 to get through a 15-minute quest via the purchase of consumable such as spirit cakes, potions, hirelings, anti-beholder crystal, etc. Turbine will no doubt continue to increase the player base of this high profit margin category.

Through this event, it can be seen Turbine's DDO is wildly popular. We highly encourage new players to try this GREAT game.

Amazing. My hat is off to you, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Last night, some DDO players received erroneous temporary suspensions or warnings regarding an exploit. Due to a technical issue in our exploit suspension process some players participating in the Mabar festival event were incorrectly notified of a rules violation. Any accounts that were temporarily banned as a result of this issue will have their account access restored and will be credited 100 Turbine Points. Any accounts that received warnings will have those warnings removed from their record.

This error was an isolated incident and should have no further impact for any DDO players. As always, we welcome player feedback on all aspects of DDO and continually seek to improve the quality of the service we provide to players.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the issue.

What was the exploit btw?.
    Alts : Cubensis,Dmt,Dilation,Fuzzyglare,Pentangle,Polymor phic in Inferus Sus on Thelanis

Nature is Full of Wiggles

Please post a timeframe for restoring account access. Unfortunately I've been fuming all day and afternoon and is in no mood to play. But anytime is a good time to remove an erroneous ban or warning...

i'm a grandmother too i played WoW but iplayed DDO first and SWG before that
    ....................................ARE WE THERE YET?
    The Non Phesant Pluckers, Aureon, Keeper: slip, chianna, cheerie, nightnurse, ooolana, cypress

18. 11-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Any accounts that received warnings will have those warnings removed from their record.
    Will these people be notified of the removal in any way? Or are all of the warnings in error and this is the notification?

Thank you for addressing the issue, Tolero.
    H.A.N.D.
    Me at GenCon 2008: Looking for 3 barrel cove, Arrest the wookiee!
    My DDO themed groom's cake: pic 1, pic 2

Community Member airbornerangers's Avatar

Default account banned

not sure who to talk to, but my account says it has been banned!!!!!!!
    where/when will i find out why? is it from this event that i barely participated in?
    who do i talk to to find out ?????????
    thanks in advance
    argo thtasselhoff completionist
    khyber gerty lvl 16 cleric mephistoles lvl 16 sorc

Bravo!

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast